Sign in to follow this  
iam90sbaby

Helen Keller was a fraud

Time machine ever invented going back to this hot chic in college 1st. Stop 1a will be 6th grade. Had the whole class in awe by my show stopping Helen Keller jokes.  

Well, I mean, is it true that everything Helen Keller ever "said" was interpreted by Anne Sullivan?  Because it seems like it would be a thousand times easier to teach other people (linguists, doctors, etc) Helen Keller's communication system than it would be to teach Helen Keller to communicate in the first place.

10 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Well, I mean, is it true that everything Helen Keller ever "said" was interpreted by Anne Sullivan?  Because it seems like it would be a thousand times easier to teach other people (linguists, doctors, etc) Helen Keller's communication system than it would be to teach Helen Keller to communicate in the first place.

Intriguing observation. We should explore it in my next thread; Quintessential Hellen Keller Jokes For All Ages. 

2 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Intriguing observation. We should explore it in my next thread; Quintessential Hellen Keller Jokes For All Ages. 

If the sixth grade was amused, it should go over even better here.  :overhead:

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Well, its on the internet.  Case closed. 

If QAnon said it you’d be a believer 

30 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

If QAnon said if you’d be a believer 

What is a Qanon or whatever, seriously no clue.?

Assuming it's true that there hasn't been another deaf and blind person to accomplish the same feats in 130 years... ok.  Perhaps a fraud, or at least not entirely deaf/blind as we were led to believe.

Makes good argument that you can't sign in letters and have someone speak/interpret at a normal pace.  Reminds me of Stephen Hawking who would do interviews, but required questions days in advance so he could slowwwwwwwly type out the answers.  No real time questions because that took too long. 

However, he's assuming that's exactly how it happened.... normal pace speak while interpreting.?.

What a weird conspiracy... the Helen Keller miracle was bs.  It's got legs.

Professionals in speech and hearing back then likely knew it was suspect but who in their right mind would question it. Even as a child I kinda recall thinking how in the hell but just accepted it and moved on like everyone else. I do know if professors today proved without a doubt it was a fraud in a published technical paper they would get the living crap bashed out of them and ruin their careers. Absolutely no value in it for them.     

12 hours ago, frank said:

Dumb. 

And deaf. And blind too.

16 minutes ago, MDC said:

And deaf. And blind too.

Is she any good at pinball?  🤔