Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

Wilford Brimley...one of those guys who dies...

I am going to GFIAFP my post up good.

My sister worked at a restaurant in Greybull, Wyoming that he frequented. She saw him quite a bit.

Considering I worked in Greybull, Wyoming myself and the town only has 1,800 people. I am unsure that I ever saw him, I also never saw Brett Kiesel and he would go back for the summer because his parents still lived in town. I am unsure how I avoided seeing the towns two most famous residents, but I am that good.

Brimley resided in Greybull, Wyoming, and Santa Clara, Utah, since 2006.[26] Brimley was a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.[27]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilford_Brimley

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brett_Keisel

I'm not going to buy this at all. pretty soon Steve guttenberg is going to dump his body into a swimming pool full of green eggs and the dude will be happier than a pig in mud.

Seriously, I thought he died 20 years ago. I remember him from some show in the 80's with that 90210 chic and also Cocoon. "Never get any older and never die" line and some crappy info commercials. He lived a long life.

Oh, he was also in Universal Soldier I think, Cajun dad ... Some of that movie was filmed in my town of West Baton Rouge. Think he had a bow and arrow which was kinda cool. 

No, it was Hard Target. 

He did those diabetes ads. If he had that disease he's damn lucky to live to 85. He was always obese though. He probably could have lived longer if he lost 100 lbs. 

I guess, since we all thought he was damn old in the 80s, and we never heard from him in forever and now this is the 20s, we're all surprised he was still around.

3 hours ago, Voltaire said:

I guess, since we all thought he was damn old in the 80s, and we never heard from him in forever and now this is the 20s, we're all surprised he was still around.

Less than 2 years older than Redford. Was 49 when he did the Natural. Redford was 47. So in summation, Brimley was not yet 50 in either the Natural or Cocoon.

2 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Less than 2 years older than Redford. Was 49 when he did the Natural. Redford was 47. So in summation, Brimley was not yet 50 in either the Natural or Cocoon.

I'm right smack in the middle at 48. 

That guy sure looked older, I'd have guessed he was in his 60s in those films. Must be all that gray, thankfully I don't have to deal with that.

26 minutes ago, frank said:

With mail in voting and Wilford Brimley dead, we'll let Newman decide who wins the next election.