wiffleball

Well this blows

Best wishes for you to have a success with your sped-up appointment.

12 hours ago, fandandy said:

He needs kind words right now or good thoughts?  Is that what you think, Skids?  Now?  Hmmm, ok.  

Search what I typed long ago to Wiff and suck my white honky ass.

I watched my sister die right in front of me from liver failure on a bed in a hospital and I watched her eyes and she looked whole and normal and there was fear and she just wanted to get up to pee and there was fear in her eyes because she knew and there were too many people in that hospital room and she knew and it scared her and she looked at me and I knew she knew and it sucked so shut the fock up.  Jerry, shut the up.  You don't know sh1t and kind words now do not mean sh1t so shut the up.

First, I'm sorry about your sister.

Second, I made a joke, then I explained the joke, and you still don't get it so...

But since you want to go down this path... I do know things.  I know a lot more about wiff's past than you do.  And I know what it's like to fight demons.  If you've never had demons then there is no way for you to understand.  Plus you are clearly narcissistic, so you view these situations about how it affects you.

Since you so love when we discuss the old days, I will tell you that back in the day at this place a situation like wiff's would be met with... tough love.  A helluva lot tougher than anything you would even think of dishing out.  Did it ever "work?"  I dunno, maybe it had some impact.  It's not my style though, and there are not the personalities here anymore which could attempt such an intervention.

I choose instead to provide a safe haven for wiff; I'm here to chat whenever he wants, public or private. Maybe this place and the friendship we provide can be some small motivating force.    I wish he would change his behaviors but I know that that is his choice, and if he dies, I want him to know he has friends in the world who will miss him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/17/2022 at 12:07 AM, jerryskids said:

First, I'm sorry about your sister.

Second, I made a joke, then I explained the joke, and you still don't get it so...

But since you want to go down this path... I do know things.  I know a lot more about wiff's past than you do.  And I know what it's like to fight demons.  If you've never had demons then there is no way for you to understand.  Plus you are clearly narcissistic, so you view these situations about how it affects you.

Since you so love when we discuss the old days, I will tell you that back in the day at this place a situation like wiff's would be met with... tough love.  A helluva lot tougher than anything you would even think of dishing out.  Did it ever "work?"  I dunno, maybe it had some impact.  It's not my style though, and there are not the personalities here anymore which could attempt such an intervention.

I choose instead to provide a safe haven for wiff; I'm here to chat whenever he wants, public or private. Maybe this place and the friendship we provide can be some small motivating force.    I wish he would change his behaviors but I know that that is his choice, and if he dies, I want him to know he has friends in the world who will miss him. 

Agreed. Fully.

And well said, jerry.

Wiff's suffered and endured a lot of things over the years. He's got a good sense of humor, tells good stories,  and contributed a lot to this forum. Whatever disagreements I have with him over petty bullsh*t gets left at the door and I always, sincerely, wish him the best.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gladiators said:

Any updates wiff? Hope you’re hanging in there

Lasix seems to be working well  enough to pull fluid out of lungs, heart. I feel a lot better.  

Ate a banana today & hours later, haven't sharted. Yay me. First food since Monday. 

Thanks all. 

4 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Just got back from the doctor. Lost 46 lb in 19 days.

What’s your diet plan and can I get in on that?? :shocking:

But seriously, hope you are doing as well as you can, considering. You are a treasured poster here :wub:

4 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Just got back from the doctor. Lost 46 lb in 19 days.

Are the docs concerned?  How much to they think is from the diuretic and draining procedures?

It seems odd that they weren't monitoring your weight more closely, if such a loss is bad.  :dunno:

20 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Are the docs concerned?  How much to they think is from the diuretic and draining procedures?

It seems odd that they weren't monitoring your weight more closely, if such a loss is bad.  :dunno:

The diuretics have a lot to do with it. The draining, not as much directly, but some. But the most significant thing is that the whole while I had this fluid surrounding my stomach. And prior to procedure, I couldn't tell you the last time that I'd ever been hungry months. It would take me an entire afternoon just to eat a banana. Hence, the weight loss.

Ironically, this is often times how people in my situation end up dying. From malnutrition.  So basically, dying like an Ethiopian kid. Big swollen belly starving to death. I just hope they keep the flies out of my eyes.

This 46, I could afford to lose. Anything beyond this is going to be problematic.

18 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

The diuretics have a lot to do with it. The draining, not as much directly, but some. But the most significant thing is that the whole while I had this fluid surrounding my stomach. And prior to procedure, I couldn't tell you the last time that I'd ever been hungry months. It would take me an entire afternoon just to eat a banana. Hence, the weight loss.

Ironically, this is often times how people in my situation end up dying. From malnutrition.  So basically, dying like an Ethiopian kid. Big swollen belly starving to death. I just hope they keep the flies out of my eyes.

This 46, I could afford to lose. Anything beyond this is going to be problematic.

Thanks.  I think you mentioned it before so sorry for prompting the repeat.  I guess I'm hoping that the 46 is par for the course, and that the doctors will prevent you from dying like an Ethiopian kid.  :thumbsup: 

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Thanks.  I think you mentioned it before so sorry for prompting the repeat.  I guess I'm hoping that the 46 is par for the course, and that the doctors will prevent you from dying like an Ethiopian kid.  :thumbsup: 

Well they can at least give him a fly swatter.  :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

They were actually pretty surprised by that. They didn't remove nearly enough fluid to comprise 46.  But, Speedo season is coming up.

4 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Now that they removed the fluid are you eating again?

Yeah, I'm working on it. Stomach shrunk quite a bit. 

But yeah, the very first thing I noticed post procedure, was I was actually f****** hungry.

I'm surprised somebody hasn't thought of this before. Instead of stapling your stomach or whatever, they should have a surgical balloon that they gradually fill with fluid to press up against your stomach. I would think it'd be a lot less risky than whatever the current surgery is now. And then, just slowly drain the fluid out over time as the patient learns new eating patterns.

• Like 1

Hi guys. I guess you probably seen most of my post recently.  On top I f that. I had my regularly scheduled body scans. 

F****** told me two or three years ago I'd be dead by now.

Yeah, no.

10 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Hi guys. I guess you probably seen most of my post recently.  On top I f that. I had my regularly scheduled body scans. 

F****** told me two or three years ago I'd be dead by now.

Yeah, no.

Happy you're here!