Sign in to follow this  
vuduchile

Randy Arozarena

Broke the record for post season HR’s with 9. 

Broke the record for post season hits by a rookie with 25.

Tied the AL record for extra base hits with 13.  

This kid is on fire, but he needs his teammates to deliver. 

And Randy scored the winning run even though he stumbled coming home.  This kid lives a charmed life.   

Series tied 2-2. 

7 hours ago, vuduchile said:

Broke the record for post season HR’s with 9. 

Broke the record for post season hits by a rookie with 25.

Tied the AL record for extra base hits with 13.  

This kid is on fire, but he needs his teammates to deliver. 

Carlos Beltran made a boat load of money off his 8 Post Season HRs. Hope this kid does better. Great for the sport. Rooting for him. 

• Like 1

I was dozing off in the ninth, thank goodness I was lucky to be awake to see that!  I honestly think that they were concerned that that guy who hit the game winner might have a heart attack.  Watching that interview with him reminded me of what sports are all about.  :cheers:

• Like 1

Like I said in the Dodgers thread, the Dodgers are not built correctly.  They spent a gazillion dollars but do not have a bullpen.  If you asked me, I'd expect the bullpen to blow 1 game in this series.  That was game 4. If they lose this World Series, it will be because the bullpen sucks.  To put it simply, the Dodgers just don't have the premium arms back there to reliably get strikeouts to close out a game.  The Rays in game 4 were able to make contact.  A broken bat hit here, a defensive error there, and they lost.  Need strikeouts.  Its a weak pen.

I assumed there would be some Rays heroics once it was a 1 run game in the 9th.

33 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Do you have his rookie card?  🤔

Yep.  11 base and 3 rainbow foils.  They’re all going to PSA.  

We had to go back and dig through our rookie box to find them because he was relatively unknown until the post-season.  

My son also found another straggler that was mistakenly put in the $1.00 box on Sunday.   

• Thanks 1

Magic Johnson, who has aids or hiv whatever, is up in the box without a mask on. 

1 hour ago, vuduchile said:

Let the 2nd guessing begin re: pulling Snell. 

Yeah, watching with my wife and daughter, we were all like :unsure: when they pulled Snell.  With Betts coming up the Dodgers were on their 3rd time through, I wonder if that was the reason, because Snell was dealing up until then.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Yeah, watching with my wife and daughter, we were all like :unsure: when they pulled Snell.  With Betts coming up the Dodgers were on their 3rd time through, I wonder if that was the reason, because Snell was dealing up until then.

Given all you’re going through, I’m glad you’re able to enjoy the series with your family. That’s awesome.  

16 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Pulling Snell made me want to punch a neighbors puppy

• Like 1

Terrified of Mookie.  But Damn, 72-3 pitches? Imagine trying that with Pedro or Randy Johnson? Not on their level, but David Cone would have told Torre to get back in the dugout. Cash didn’t even talk to Snell. He made the move on the way out as if the guy had just walked the bases loaded. Baseball sure has changed.