Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Theilen now on Covid List - OUT

Vikings placed Adam Thielen on the reserve/COVID list.

He's the sixth player for the Vikings to go on the list in the last month. Thielen played 57 snaps (89%) against the Cowboys Sunday, roasting Dallas' secondary for 8/123/2, perhaps forcing both teams to undergo close-contact tracing Monday afternoon. It's possible that Thielen is cleared in time for Sunday against the Panthers.

SOURCE: Minnesota Vikings on Twitter

Nov 23, 2020, 4:31 PM ET

MON, NOV 23, 3:38 PMROTOWIRE.COM

The Vikings placed Thielen (undisclosed) on the reserve/COVID-19 list Monday.

Spin: Thielen's placement on the COVID-19 list is an indication that he's either tested positive for the virus or is required to quarantine after having come into close contact with someone who has. In any case, the star wideout's status for Sunday's upcoming game against the Panthers now could be in jeopardy. Thielen has four touchdowns over the last two weeks, so his presence would be extremely difficult for the Vikings to replace on offense, even with Justin Jefferson putting together a wildly impressive rookie season.

35 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

Best thing he's done for me all year-every time I play him it's a dud, bench him and he goes off. 

I think I have identified your problem.

Benching is usually not a winning strategy when it concerns top-10 players.

And he should be back for Week 12, so we'll see how quick of a learner you are.

3 hours ago, AxeElf said:

That's what happens when you catch everything.

At least the Cowboys DBs are safe.  They didn't seem to be near him all night.

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Adam Thielen tested positive and then tested negative for COVID-19.

It's possible that Thielen had a false positive, but more testing will determine if that was the case. The Vikings are working with the NFL in determining his status. Thielen currently sits on the reserve/COVID list while waiting for more information. If Thielen is out for Week 12, Justin Jefferson would be a top-15 receiver. Thielen has 10 red zone touchdowns already.

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Nov 24, 2020, 7:24 PM ET

On 11/23/2020 at 5:35 PM, AxeElf said:

I think I have identified your problem.

Benching is usually not a winning strategy when it concerns top-10 players.

And he should be back for Week 12, so we'll see how quick of a learner you are.

If put to a vote I think everybody on here would say to you 'go away, you're always a sm@rt-@$$, always negative'. Consider yourself "not allowed" to ever comment on any of my posts again. Got it? Good! Now run along, son.

Gotta agree with Elf here.  Besides, he’s only had 3 bad games out of 10.   Every WR has had single digit games and most have had several

3 hours ago, AxeElf said:

@huskyhater75's team should be called, "No More Than A. Thielen."

😂😂😂😂, you're a joke. You're so immature and insecure that your baseless (you sound SO much like don chump) responses to my threads are senseless-you make NO sense. Stop before you embarrass yourself further, okay son? I feel sorry for you-SO insecure, take care of yourself and seek help, please.

Not looking good, but something sure smells fishy here:

FRI, NOV 27, 2:30 PMROTOWIRE.COM
The Vikings don't expect Thielen (reserve/COVID-19) to play in Sunday's game against the Panthers, Jeremy Fowler of ESPN.com reports.
Spin: Thielen tested positive for the virus on Monday but had another test that came back negative. There hasn't been any definitive statement ruling him out, but the Vikings apparently are preparing for it to happen. Rookie sensation Justin Jefferson will be the clear No. 1 receiver if Thielen is out, with Bisi Johnson, Chad Beebe and Dan Chisena the top candidates to take on vacated snaps.

bummer. 

well, thanks for the update Mike.