Evangelicals turning on Trump

6 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

And dead bodies in his basement. 

Allegedly 

If you listen to Wilzone.

Wilzone is focking psychotic.

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Wilzone is focking psychotic.

I foresee a sternly worded text in your future. 

Opinion | Trump Ignites a War Within the Church - The New York Times (nytimes.com) - new article on the topic from NYT conservative columnist David Brooks

On the one hand, there are those who are doubling down on their Trump fanaticism and their delusion that a Biden presidency will destroy America.

On the other hand, many Trump supporters have been shaken to the core by the sight of a sacrilegious mob blasting Christian pop music and chanting “Hang Mike Pence.” There have been defections and second thoughts. The Rev. Samuel Rodriguez, who delivered a prayer at the Trump inaugural, told his congregation Sunday, “We must all repent, even the church needs to repent.”

One core feature of Trumpism is that it forces you to betray every other commitment you might have: to the truth, moral character, the Sermon on the Mount, conservative principles, the Constitution. In defeat, some people are finally not willing to sacrifice all else on Trump’s altar.

1 hour ago, Fnord said:

@t.j is OWNING this thread right now.

From my perspective, the mindset and anger that put Trump in office was one I was fully on board with. Being fed up with the career DC plutocrats and all the corporate special interests that they were fully beholden to over the best interests of their own constituencies should have all of us 99%ers pissed off. I was pissed then and still am.

The problem was the vehicle they chose. Trump is the most ill-equipped person I can imagine to make any of the necessary changes. His inadequacies are infinite. This, IMO, is where the nastiness really started. Those of us that are not hard-right in our politics could not fathom what anyone saw in Trump. There was literally zero appeal.

Then he took office and quickly proved that our fears were not only completely deserving, he was seemingly exponentially worse than what we feared he would be. So we attacked. Relentlessly. And Trump rallied his people and attacked back. There was never anything remotely resembling a unifying spirit anywhere in his administration. He never said a conciliatory word toward anyone. It was going to be his way and fuk anyone that disagreed.

Covid is the worst crisis the world has faced since WW2. This was the worst-case disaster scenario that always unified Americans in the past. But not under Trump. Public health became a political issue, and his divisiveness only ratcheted up. The guy was presented the opportunity to be a heroic leader that likely would have won re-election in a landslide. He could have saved countless lives. He could have unified us in a fight against "the invisible enemy." But he chose the exact opposite course. He denied the science, refused to put together a coherent plan, prioritized profits over people, cut funding for pandemic relief and the CDC, took us out of the WHO, and blamed everyone else for the catastrophic failures that predictably followed.

I know to someone that supports him, the attacks seemed like they were beyond all reason and came from little crybaby snowflake whiners. The attacks were awful. They were vicious, personal and malignant. I hope I never see anything like them again. But they were not coming from a vacuum. They were not done for the sake of political sport or tribalism. They came from a place of existential dread and fear. Trumpers may think that's ridiculous, how could we act like that just because stupid Hillary lost? That had nothing to do with it. You will forever underestimate the intense passion with which we reviled that man because you simply refuse to believe we felt that way. 

Bump.

Just now, Rusty Syringes said:

Lump. :wall:

Oh god, I hated that song. Go stand in a corner and hide your shame.

12 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

No.  I just don't want to hear media outlet garbage.  If someone wants to talk about why they feel a certain way that's different than mine, I'll freely listen.  But, once you give me spewed info from left-wing media, I walk away.

This is why you need to read it all and not just what affirms things for you, son. 

19 hours ago, Rusty Syringes said:

It's a stone-cold fact that Clownzo's behavior has made a big ol' chunk of his precious base re-evaluate and feel ashamed of its support for him.

This is true of both sides.

If you support Trump at this point... That's sad.

If you support Pelosi and waters and Biden Harris and their ilk, that's sad too.

It's two opposing factions of loathsome pieces of sh!t.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

What a clownao chump is. Jeez. He ordered all his sheep to attack Portland and Seattle and NYC and Chicago cities all last year. Crazy trumpanzees supported it like crazy. Damn. These racist, white supremacist cultist followers of the trumptard himself are acting like the typical chumpanzees and not allowing the law abiding democrats to get this country back on track. Finally we have true leaders in place like Biden and Harris to show us how they will clean up racism, economy and world politics. 

You go joe!! trumptards are a disease (those freaking racists) on the earth as we know it. 

Go middle east peace treaties!!!!!

35 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

What a clownao chump is. Jeez. He ordered all his sheep to attack Portland and Seattle and NYC and Chicago cities all last year. Crazy trumpanzees supported it like crazy. Damn. These racist, white supremacist cultist followers of the trumptard himself are acting like the typical chumpanzees and not allowing the law abiding democrats to get this country back on track. Finally we have true leaders in place like Biden and Harris to show us how they will clean up racism, economy and world politics. 

You go joe!! trumptards are a disease (those freaking racists) on the earth as we know it. 

Go middle east peace treaties!!!!!

This super dull and unfunny The Opposite schtick was terrible out of the chute and has been getting worse ever since, but when you don't have any funny clubs in your pitiful golf bag of remarks, I suppose it's all you got.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

This super dull and unfunny The Opposite schtick was terrible out of the chute and has been getting worse ever since, but when you don't have any funny clubs in your pitiful golf bag of remarks, I suppose it's all you got.

Seriously, clownzo needs to go and that is that. He is the enemy of democracy. He is hitler in modern days. He and his clownzo trumpanzee followers have been destroying our economy for years after the great obama made it great. 

Clownzo destroys cities and his useless sheep are going right along with it!!!!

4 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

You hit it right on the head man. This clownzo has single handedly destroyed the United States. He brought the virus alive here in the US and pushed every democrat governor to do what he said and his trumpanzee followers destroyed the country last year by toppling businesses by setting them on fire and looting and taking over city blocks and blocking roadways so innocent travelers couldn't move, etc. He destroyed black American and took jobs away from them and pushed the KKK down our throats every chance he got. 

And so much more. Ugghhh. Clownzo should be put down forever and the democrats should rule every city in the US like they rule NYC, Chicago, Baltimore, etc....

1 hour ago, Rusty Syringes said:

I like how I call this idiot unfunny and then he starts using it. I’m a trend setter around here. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

They should arrest and charge him.  Right after Hillary reassembles all her hard drives.  

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/01/conspiracy-theories-will-doom-republican-party/617707/?fbclid=IwAR0czx3sP2exWb_CU9PO_geJnaRKbbKmnPenP1TblbRa9zqCFfnW-DH6qaQ

Qanon, conspiracy theories destroying Republican party.

The violence that Americans witnessed—and that might recur in the coming days—is not a protest gone awry or the work of “a few bad apples.” It is the blossoming of a rotten seed that took root in the Republican Party some time ago and has been nourished by treachery, poor political judgment, and cowardice. 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I like how I call this idiot unfunny and then he starts using it. I’m a trend setter around here. 

If setting trends were a cutting edge, you'd be a butter knife, princess.

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Wearing pants that don’t have a stretchy waistband qualifies as a trendsetter around here. 

59 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

Wearing pants that don’t have a stretchy waistband qualifies as a trendsetter around here. 

Sweat pants, no underwear,  with a draw string . :wave:

1 hour ago, shorepatrol said:

Extra points if they haven’t been washed in over a week.

2 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

Extra points if they haven’t been washed in over a week.

I don't even use a bath towel twice. I'm not a heathen 

1 minute ago, shorepatrol said:

I don't even use a bath towel twice. I'm not a heathen 

👍🏻

On 1/17/2021 at 5:49 PM, shorepatrol said:

Too much work. Nude, with a towel underneath my ass to avoid streaking on the furniture. Been months since the towel was washed. Smells like freedom!

11 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Too much work. Nude, with a towel underneath my ass to avoid streaking on the furniture. Been months since the towel was washed. Smells like freedom!

:lol:🤮:lol:

56 minutes ago, Fnord said:

I want you so bad right now.

1 hour ago, Fnord said:

How you doin’, big boy? 😀

I want you so bad right now.

Many do. Few get to indulge.

48 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

How you doin’, big boy? 😀

I'm goooood. Howboutchu?