MDC

I got a new dog!

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Just clarifying, I know a few.   And you didn’t rescue anyone or anything either. You filled out some paperwork and wrote a check. 

Never said I did. I adopted a dog. Not sure why you have your diapers in such a bunch over the word “rescue”. :lol: 

1 minute ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Never said I did. I adopted a dog. Not sure why you have your diapers in such a bunch over the word “rescue”. :lol: 

It’s fun making fun of people that say it. Plus I like shitting on a look at me thread from MDC. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s fun making fun of people that say it. Plus I like shitting on a look at me thread from MDC. 

Which is why I suggested you get a hobby. ;) 

Poor HT...  He probably had dogs when younger and they never loved him even when he slathered himself with peanut butter...

Since he was never loved by a dog, he just takes out his frustrations out on everyone...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, posty said:

Poor HT...  He probably had dogs when younger and they never loved him even when he slathered himself with peanut butter...

Since he was never loved by a dog, he just takes out his frustrations out on everyone...

Had three incredible dogs. Took one home that was being abused by some POS in the Bronx. Had to put him in a cell until my shift was over. Boss was not happy. I didn’t go around saying I rescued the dog. Even though what I did is a lot closer to it than what you yuppies say it is.  

16 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Just clarifying, I know a few.   And you didn’t rescue anyone or anything either. You filled out some paperwork and wrote a check. 

He got a new dog. You’re f’in weird dude. Let it go

Just now, Crestwood 2 said:

He got a new dog. You’re f’in weird dude. Let it go

How many people would write a check to take you home? 🤔

6 minutes ago, Crestwood 2 said:

What was your answer to yourself there?

8 minutes ago, Crestwood 2 said:

Are you gonna pick it up or is this your A game? 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Was the dog being held hostage? Fall down a well? House was on fire? 

There are kill shelters (pounds) and no kill shelters. The term "rescue" typically means the animal was taken from a kill shelter and moved to a no kill shelter where it can be adopted out. Thus being "rescued" from being put down after 30 days. 

Just now, 5-Points said:

There are kill shelters (pounds) and no kill shelters. The term "rescue" typically means the animal was taken from a kill shelter and moved to a no kill shelter where it can be adopted out. Thus being "rescued" from being put down after 30 days. 

And if the people who adopt dogs didn’t have the fall back of going to a no kill shelter when they didn’t feel like keeping a dog anymore, maybe irresponsible people wouldn’t own a dog in the first place. And dogs as a whole would lead better lives. There would be less killing.  This stuff enables the whole focked up system. 

On 1/23/2021 at 11:46 AM, MDC said:

Hound mix / mutt, may have some beagle in him. He’s 10 weeks old and sleeping on my lap right now. :wub: 

Look at meeeee!

So your are building a farm? 🐮  🐶

Old md-cuck has a farm eieio.

With a moo moo here and woof woof there eieio. 

:lol:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

And if the people who adopt dogs didn’t have the fall back of going to a no kill shelter when they didn’t feel like keeping a dog anymore, maybe irresponsible people wouldn’t own a dog in the first place. And dogs as a whole would lead better lives. There would be less killing.  This stuff enables the whole focked up system. 

Don't get me started on irresponsible asshoIes and the stupid sh!t they do. I agree completely. Most of those asshoIes don't bother to take their animals to a no kill shelter. They either drive them somewhere and throw them out of the car, sometimes they even take the time to stop first, or just take them to the pound. Where, if nobody comes to adopt them, they get euthanized after 30 days. 

The no kill shelters "rescue" them and adopt them out. I adopted 2 myself a little over a year ago. I didn't rescue them, the shelter did. I just adopted them from the shelter so they had room for a couple more to rescue from the pound. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Don't get me started on irresponsible asshoIes and the stupid sh!t they do. I agree completely. Most of those asshoIes don't bother to take their animals to a no kill shelter. They either drive them somewhere and throw them out of the car, sometimes they even take the time to stop first, or just take them to the pound. Where, if nobody comes to adopt them, they get euthanized after 30 days. 

The no kill shelters "rescue" them and adopt them out. I adopted 2 myself a little over a year ago. I didn't rescue them, the shelter did. I just adopted them from the shelter so they had room for a couple more to rescue from the pound. 

I prefer this method. Why adopt out the same dumb dogs that will go to another home where the owners won't want them all over again?

6 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

My last 2 dogs were left by the side of the road as puppies in a litter. One in Alabama and the other in Kentucky. First one was put in the shelter because the owner died. So far I am 3-3 in getting good dogs.

Just now, Utilit99 said:

I prefer this method. Why adopt out the same dumb dogs that will go to another home where the owners won't want them all over again?

When you adopt a dog, if you can’t keep it, you have to bring it back to that shelter. Most shelters have a vetting process that helps weed out obviously bad situations. Not perfect.

5 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I prefer when the dipshit owner dies and the dog eats them. 

Just now, 5-Points said:

I prefer when the dipshit owner dies and the dog eats them. 

Pit bull fan huh?

17 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

My last 2 dogs were left by the side of the road as puppies in a litter. One in Alabama and the other in Kentucky. First one was put in the shelter because the owner died. So far I am 3-3 in getting good dogs.

:thumbsup:

We got two Jack Russell mix pups from the same litter. First dogs Ive had in years. Took me some time to want another dog after having to put down my 18 year old beagle/lab mix. These two will keep me busy for a while. 

I think from now on I'll go to the pound and find an old gray beard to bring home. 

10 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Pit bull fan huh?

Yeah, I like pitties. Great dogs in the right hands. 

7 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Yeah, I like pitties. Great dogs in the right hands. 

In the right hands. So they have the same background check as firearms do. 

6 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

In the right hands. So they have the same background check as firearms do. 

Too many asshoIes like Mike Vick gave the breed a bad name. Any dog can be trained to fight. Pitties are just better at it. 

I'd take a pit bull over a Presa Canario any day.  

5 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Too many asshoIes like Mike Vick gave the breed a bad name. Any dog can be trained to fight. Pitties are just better at it. 

I'd take a pit bull over a Presa Canario any day.  

You mean too many people maimed/killed by Pits gave them a bad name.  What were those people thinking?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Strike said:

You mean too many people maimed/killed by Pits gave them a bad name.  What were those people thinking?

No, that's not what I mean at all. I've known plenty of well mannered, docile Pitts. Raise them right and they'll act right. 

1 minute ago, 5-Points said:

No, that's not what I mean at all. I've known plenty of well mannered, docile Pitts. Raise them right and they'll act right. 

Until they don't.

8 minutes ago, Strike said:

Until they don't.

Then you didn't raise them right. :dunno:

2 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Then you didn't raise them right. :dunno:

So you equate pit bull distribution with firearms?

8 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Do you equate pit bull distribution with firearms?

I equate people blaming a dog for being aggressive with people blaming guns for their criminal misuse. 

Neither the dog or the gun is dangerous without some asshoIe being involved. 

2 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

I equate people blaming a dog for being aggressive with people blaming guns for their criminal misuse. 

Neither the dog nor the gun is dangerous without some asshoIe being involved. 

I agree. But for guns, you need a background check. For dangerous pit bulls, no such thing.

On 1/23/2021 at 11:37 AM, MDC said:

Does this work?

My pup

Hell yeah! That’s great man.

My ex kept the dog in the divorce. Found out she wanted to put him down, so my step took him. 
I’m looking to adopt from a shelter/ rescue once I retire. 

6 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I agree. But for guns, you need a background check. For dangerous pit bulls, no such thing.

Like I said, the pitbull isn't dangerous until you make it so. If it then becomes a danger to you, so be it. 

Like I said, the pitbull isn't dangerous until you make it so. If it then becomes a danger to you, so be it. 

Cause you've investigated every Pitbull incident to determine they ALL had horrible owners. 😂

Just now, 5-Points said:

Guns aren't dangerous either until you make it so. 

Just answer my question I guess. Either way, so be it. Im all in for no pitt bulls ever. 

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

Cause you've investigated every Pitbull incident to determine they ALL had horrible owners. 😂

I've known enough pit bulls to know that the breed as a whole isn't the issue. 

• Like 1

Just now, 5-Points said:

I've known enough pit bulls to know that the breed as a whole isn't the issue. 

Oh, then this issue is all settled!!!

12 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Guns aren't dangerous either until you make it so. 

Just answer my question I guess. Either way, so be it. Im all in for no pitt bulls ever. 

Much like not mistreating a dog so it becomes aggressive, if you follow a few, very simple, rules of gun handling, they too are perfectly safe. 

8 minutes ago, Strike said:

Oh, then this issue is all settled!!!

It is for me.  :dunno:

Much like not mistreating a dog so it becomes aggressive, if you follow a few, very simple, rules of gun handling, they too are perfectly safe. 

Then why have backround checks on guns and not pit bulls?

8 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Then why have backround checks on guns and not pit bulls?

If you adopt one from a rescue, they will do a check on you, your home, the conditions you want plan to keep them in...