Fumbleweed

**Round Seven-Ten Commentary**

8 minutes ago, remote controller said:

After the extreme hype to start the 2020 season, Brown started off extremely slow.  He did end the season strong, and should build upon that and his playoff success.  The addition of Watkins and Bateman should open things up a little for him.  He should be a strong Wr#4 for my squad. Projecting 800 yards and 8 Td's.

As a Ravens fan I hope you are right, and I hope we have not already seen his ceiling.... this season is going to either set him up as a premier WR or he is bagging groceries next year IMHO

• Like 1

Starting to run low on starting TE, let's take one on the way up. The Dolphins added a couple field stretchers, Gesicki may be able to take advantage in the middle of the field and in the redzone.

And, these rounds will make or break a season. The only good thing about the slowness is it gives us more time to consider who we select!

The week overall has been a huge success in terms of the pace of this draft. No matter what happens today, we are in great shape. Fridays are always a little slower and that’s understandable.

• Like 1

Yeah, we're more than halfway done, starting a day later than usual. We'll have good periods and bad periods, but overall the pace has been very good.

The thread says V4E is up. Does Ray know he is OTC, maybe not?

Something to consider for future drafts is to have a moderator with contact info for all of us. A lot of times (like with myself), a simple text will jar someone loose. I get head down at work and slip up sometimes. 

5 minutes ago, shovelheadt said:

Something to consider for future drafts is to have a moderator with contact info for all of us. A lot of times (like with myself), a simple text will jar someone loose. I get head down at work and slip up sometimes. 

Agreed, I text or email those I have contact info on.

Likely to have 9 or 9.5 rounds done in 4 days. We will be done by Wednesday 6/16 at the worst. A 9 day mock and then time to give analysis. Seems more than reasonable to me. 

• Like 1

I emailed Mike about the pick. Ultimately, it’s his call. 

Thanks, work had me unexpectedly bottled up, Boyd was going to be my take here.  Apologies for the delay

Thoughts behind my last two picks.... I felt I needed to address my running back depth behind a stud coming off acl/mcl and a talented rookie who still is a rookie. Volume guys dry up quickly so I went with...

Gus Edwards - Ingram is gone and while Dobbins is the sexier pick, Edwards has been sneakily one of the most productive running backs in the NFL on a per touch basis. High volume rushing offense that can support two guys (plus Lamar). I see him as the 1B and capable of more than the 800-6 he had in 2020. 

James Conner - I like him to slide into a lesser version of the Kenyan Drake role with goal line work. I’m also not as high in Chase as many others. Admittedly this is a little bit of a best ball pick as I can see some games where he punches in two scores. 

@ICEMAN Robby Anderson is gone. Please pick again. 

Fixored.

ICEMAN

Well, let’s see if the Hisman winning rookie can score a fee TDs! I stacked him with my QB and he is getting positive reviews at camp.

GDamnit Ray. 

Take a break guys. It’s been a good week. Hopefully we can all check in a bit this weekend and make some additional picks. 

6 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

Take a break guys. It’s been a good week. Hopefully we can all check in a bit this weekend and make some additional picks. 

I hear you Fumble. I am a rather patient and understanding person (my meditation practice helps this), but I certainly can understand people’s frustration.

Like at work, when people make a commitment to a certain project, the rest of the team depends on them. It makes the project more fun and productive. If one person doesn’t make the same commitment then the entire Team suffers as we have 11 folks who all have committed to the rules as set my Mike. It’s not “life and death”, it’s just a game. But,  it’s about personal values and being true to the folks who do commit.

I’ll live….but I am retired and have the time. Maybe others don’t and they get frustrated, but I guess we know ahead of time what we “signed up for” and we can learn to have compassion, wisdom and patience!

Have a wonderful and enjoyable weekend everyone and love the people you spend it with.

I just like to lovingly poke at Ray 

ideally you would hope that people could pick within 2 hours or so during the day. I think I was on the clock once overnight... but the overall pace has been just fine

I’m more forgiving on a Friday to be sure. Or a Monday. Tuesday-Thursday not so much. :lol::wub::overhead:

I am easy target  😜

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

I am easy target  😜

You are beloved...in a “don’t mind him, he’s just our crazy cousin” sort of way. :wub:

It’s pretty slim pickins for RBs but AJ Dillon has potential, especially if anything happens to Jones. 

Like the Parker pick at this stage and given Fullers last injury history. I probably would have gone with him or one other WR still out there (which is really shocking me and might make my next pick a tough one) but ultimately went with Williams hoping that everything clicks. He’s had the 1k season, the double digit TD season and he’s got the QB with an arm now. 

12 hours ago, Fumbleweed said:

You are beloved...in a “don’t mind him, he’s just our crazy cousin” sort of way. :wub:

Oddly enough, i am pretty sure the people closest to me in my life would echo that....  🤣