IGotWorms

Florida condo bldg collapse

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/ron-de-santis-florida-vaccines-2024/2021/06/30/id/1026980/?oRef=vuukle

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, whose political star continues to rise, has come under fire from the news media in recent months over his handling of the condominium collapse and the coronavirus pandemic.

A reporter for The Washington Post recently tweeted a claim that DeSantis is refusing to extend an invitation to the Federal Emergency Management Agency in the wake of the condominium collapse in Surfside, Fla.

“There's a saying in emergency management: The first 24 hours are the only 24 hours,” wrote Post reporter Hannah Dreier on Saturday. “FEMA was ready to deploy to the condo collapse almost immediately, and included the crisis in its daily briefing, but didn't get permission from Gov. DeSantis to get on the ground for a full day.”

A spokesperson for DeSantis said in response: “This is missing important context, [Dreier] never asked me for comment. emergency response started within minutes of the disaster led by Miami Dade County, amazing first responders. county mayor signed local emergency dec 4:40 & [DeSantis] signed eo less than 1hr later.”

Never let a crisis go to waste:

“Interesting to me. I didn’t raise it. How many of the survivors — How many of the families talked about the impact of global warming,” Biden told reporters after privately visiting with the family members.

:doh:

Focking scum leftists and their media dog. Bunch of people die and they immediately use it to smear an opponent in DeSantis and work in their favorite boogeyman, climate change. 

On 6/30/2021 at 2:50 PM, Fireballer said:

JFC I didn't see this till now

The worst part of that video is seeing that one section that stays standing for a couple of seconds after the collapse starts.    You know that was just enough time for the people in that section to wake up and go "WTF??" just before their section of the building collapses on them and crushes them.    Fock that, if that's the way I am gonna go - just crush me to death before I have a chance to wake up and see/feel it happen.  

has anyone said Bush/Cheney are responsible?

2 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Focking scum leftists and their media dog. Bunch of people die and they immediately use it to smear an opponent in DeSantis and work in their favorite boogeyman, climate change. 

I haven't really followed...what are they saying DeSantis is responsible for?   

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I haven't really followed...what are they saying DeSantis is responsible for?   

That he (allegedly) wouldn't let fema in during the first 24 hours.