snatchit

Week 1 Waiver Wire

We have our waivers Tuesday night.

Could you rank these guys that are available in my League ? 

Dak is my only QB... a handful of decent QB's are available. So not sure if I need to worry about a back up... not sure

I also have Damien Harris ( rb4) :

Rhamondre Stevenson

Justin Fields

Trey Lance

Ty Johnson... the starter

Terrace Marshall

Tre Quan Smith

I am not hurting at any position, just dumping my flyer on Xavier Jones...... THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.  Hey is Calloway. Available? 

13 minutes ago, snatchit said:

Ty Johnson... the starter

I'm drawing a blank.  The only one I can think of is the third-stringer for the Jets.  Where is there a starting Ty Johnson?

14 minutes ago, snatchit said:

Terrace Marshall

Tre Quan Smith

One of these two, and Smith is starting now, whereas Marshall would be more of a stash on potential--so it would be Smith for me.

12 minutes ago, weepaws said:

.  Hey is Calloway. Available? 

Nope, but heard from another reporter that Tre Quan will be the # 1 when he gets healthy... could be bs

13 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I'm drawing a blank.  The only one I can think of is the third-stringer for the Jets.  Where is there a starting Ty Johnson?

One of these two, and Smith is starting now, whereas Marshall would be more of a stash on potential--so it would be Smith for me.

I heard a 10 minute spot on the jets, beat writers and coaches. They say TY Johnson is the lead guy. Shocking huh ? 

1 minute ago, snatchit said:

I heard a 10 minute spot on the jets, beat writers and coaches. They say TY Johnson is the lead guy. Shocking huh ? 

Indeed.  Especially since Tevin Coleman is the starter.  This will be news to the Jets' players and staff.  They should have checked with the beat writers before they put out their official depth chart I guess.

4 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Indeed.  Especially since Tevin Coleman is the starter.  This will be news to the Jets' players and staff.  They should have checked with the beat writers before they put out their official depth chart I guess.

I am not going to get into another AJ Green type debate with you. I put stock in the writers that have been there in the off season all year, talk with coaches and players every day and watch practice. . The thing thrown out there that they say nice things about everyone for click bait is stupid. People equally want to know if someone sucks. 

I am of the thought, that you should always be thinking RB... when you have no needs. 

Just wanted to hear you guys opinions. 

44 minutes ago, snatchit said:

I am not going to get into another AJ Green type debate with you.

It's not a debate, it's an opportunity for you to learn something.  Think less competitively, and more cooperatively.

Axe Elf never argues; only educates.

1 hour ago, snatchit said:

Nope, but heard from another reporter that Tre Quan will be the # 1 when he gets healthy... could be bs

Think that’s the plan, but he won’t stay healthy. 

1 hour ago, snatchit said:

Tre'Quan is and will remain the #2 WR for the Saints.  He starts opposite their #1 WR, Michael Thomas.  Calloway is filling in for Thomas for a while as the #1 WR, then he will go back to the bench when Thomas is able to resume the #1 WR duties, and Smith will continue to be the #2.

• Like 1

I don’t know for sure when Thomas  comes back or if he will return , but by then T Smith won’t be their number two wr, T Smith will be he has been wr3 on the Saints.  

Calloway has a number of weeks to impress....as he has done already. I'm taking the chance he becomes a diamond. 

12 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Tre'Quan is and will remain the #2 WR for the Saints.  He starts opposite their #1 WR, Michael Thomas.  Calloway is filling in for Thomas for a while as the #1 WR, then he will go back to the bench when Thomas is able to resume the #1 WR duties, and Smith will continue to be the #2.

This is spot on. 

If Calloway outplays TreQuan, as he did all preseason, he will remain as the starter. Maybe they move Smith inside in 11 personnel, but based on TreQuan’s career of suckage, I wouldn’t count on him for more than the occasional big game.

14 hours ago, snatchit said:

It is, because Tre Quan stinks.

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

If Calloway outplays TreQuan, as he did all preseason...

That would be impossible, since Tre'Quan has been dealing with a hamstring injury and has not played in the preseason to be OUTplayed.  If Callaway outplays Tre'Quan, it will have to be during the regular season.  But then one might expect the Michael Thomas position to "outplay" (at least in targets and receptions) the #2 WR position anyway, so I'm not sure it would have any effect on Smith's status, even should it come to pass.

3 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

That would be impossible, since Tre'Quan has been dealing with a hamstring injury and has not played in the preseason to be OUTplayed.  If Callaway outplays Tre'Quan, it will have to be during the regular season.  But then one might expect the Michael Thomas position to "outplay" (at least in targets and receptions) the #2 WR position anyway, so I'm not sure it would have any effect on Smith's status, even should it come to pass.

Thomas is out at least a month, might even start the season on PUP-out for 6 or 7, I forget. So for at least a month, Calloway will have the opportunity to continue to OUTPLAY Trequan as he has done all pre-season. The fact that Mr. Smith hasn't been available is part of the equation. If you aren't on the field you are guaranteed to be outplayed by one who is. Will Trequan, after missing most of the preseason, not having a snap be able to show up week 1 and play well? Perhaps, but more likely Mr. Winston will be looking in the direction of his new BFF/#1 WR- Mr. Calloway...

16 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Ty Johnson will lead the Jets backfield for the foreseeable future. He is by no means the third stringer.

5 minutes ago, SexyRexy said:

Ty Johnson will lead the Jets backfield for the foreseeable future. He is by no means the third stringer.

thank you Rexy, I will pay attention to your post. Very few people know what they are talking about on this site, especially one person in particular 

40 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Calloway will have the opportunity to continue to OUTPLAY Trequan as he has done all pre-season.

49 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Let's try this again.

20 minutes ago, SexyRexy said:

Tevin Coleman is the starter.  Lamical Perine is his backup.  Ty Johnson is their backup.  I hope you don't have to wait until the regular season to learn this.

12 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Let's try this again.

Sure, I’ll even go slowly just for you. In 2 Preseason games, Calloway caught 8 passes to TreQuan’s 0. Calloway had 165 yards receiving to TreQuan’s 0. Calloway had 2 TDS to TreQuan’s 0. 

HTH…

5 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Sure, I’ll even go slowly just for you. In 2 Preseason games, Calloway caught 8 passes to TreQuan’s 0. Calloway had 165 yards receiving to TreQuan’s 0. Calloway had 2 TDS to TreQuan’s 0. 

Coincidentally, my stats are exactly the same as Smith's, and Callaway didn't outplay me--because I didn't play (much like Tre'Quan).

Once I become a WR for the Saints, Callaway may outplay me, but he can't outplay me until I play.  

The same goes for Smith.

Don’t be silly, you don’t apply because you aren’t on the Saints (or any team’s) 90 man roster. Since Smith IS on the 90 man roster that is why he was outplayed by Calloway, and badly at that. I would’ve thought someone who plays in 200 fantasy football leagues would know the most basic rules of the NFL, but I stand corrected…

1 minute ago, jrokh said:

Don’t be silly, you don’t apply because you aren’t on the Saints (or any team’s) 90 man roster. Since Smith IS on the 90 man roster that is why he was outplayed by Calloway, and badly at that. I would’ve thought someone who plays in 200 fantasy football leagues would know the most basic rules of the NFL, but I stand corrected…

Listen weepaws junior, you have to PLAY to be outPLAYED.

If you can't figure that out, then fork off.  I'm done babysitting you.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

Listen weepaws junior, you have to PLAY to be outPLAYED.

If you can't figure that out, then fork off.  I'm done babysitting you.

Ahh there it is! Name calling, the telling sign of losing an argument. To be fair you didn’t really have much of a leg to stand on with this one given how badly TreQuan was Outplayed by Calloway. Better luck next time Mr. Elf…

2 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Ahh there it is! Name calling, the telling sign of losing an argument.

Axe Elf never argues, only educates.

Better luck next time indeed.  Perhaps the next pupil will be more amenable to wisdom.

with respect to the jets, this was released an hour ago.   apparently straight from the source (the team)

Jets depth chart 2021: New York's projected Week 1 starters with preseason concluded - CBSSports.com

Michael Carter (rookie) is listed as the starter

Coleman is listed as the backup

Ty Johnson is listed as a depth RB.

1 minute ago, Ray_T said:

with respect to the jets, this was released an hour ago.   apparently straight from the source (the team)

Jets depth chart 2021: New York's projected Week 1 starters with preseason concluded - CBSSports.com

Yeah, din't expect Carter to stay 4th.  Was just a question of whether he would be listed first or second, but Tevin was definitely ahead of Ty.

• Like 1

for the record, there is still speculation that this is a committee.  especially with Carter fighting a minor injury.

so I'd expect week 1 will probably be an even split depending on how significant this so called insignificant injury is.

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Yeah, din't expect Carter to stay 4th.  Was just a question of whether he would be listed first or second, but Tevin was definitely ahead of Ty.

agreed. 

usually RB's taken in the first 3-4 rounds are expected to be (at the very least) a #1 backup and possible eventual starter.

in this case it seems to have happened sooner rather than later.

Coleman can’t stay healthy so let’s just remove him now. 

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

I’m a diehard Jets fan. And I’m here to tell you this depth chart is useless

1 minute ago, SexyRexy said:

I'm just giving you the info I found.   dont shoot the messenger.

Just now, Ray_T said:

I'm just giving you the info I found.   dont shoot the messenger.

Nobody is getting shot. Just telling you to not put any stock into it.

If you are counting on a Jets RB for fantasy production, you’ve already lost…

Let’s be fair to the other two awful teams , Lions and Texans. 

Read today that the Texans are shopping the likes of DJ and Cooks.  

So if own those to I hope that works out for you. 

4 hours ago, SexyRexy said:

agreed.....I was listening to a guy yesterday, that has covered the Jets the last 15 years. He said Ty Johnson looks way better, than the rest. 

4 hours ago, SexyRexy said:

Using AxeElfs flawed logic Ty Johnson should start, look at his stats from last year:  54 attempts with 1 TD and a 4.7 yard avg. Pretty impressive

Seriously, thanks for the homer observations Rexy, this is valuable information that comes in handy, what the bored is supposed to be about.