Sign in to follow this  
DEEZNUTS

Dalton Shultz - Top Tier #1 TE ROS

This guy is top 7 TE in TDs, yards, receptions, and targets in a pass-heavy offense. His production is picking up as the season progresses and not sure there's any reason to believe this will stop. 

I'd rank him just behind Kelce, Waller, Hockenson and ahead of Kittle - since Kittle can't seem to stay healthy.

Any reason to believe differently?

3 minutes ago, DEEZNUTS said:

Any reason to believe differently?

Yep, and his name is Blake Jarwin.

At least Uzomah has the TE job to himself.

No longer such a pass heavy offense, but yeah looks like he could be decent, may try to grab him off waivers if I can.

I think he’s a very good te to roster, until he’s not.  

Then time to go streaming another te, oh good job not being one of those that draft a te before double digit rounds, a discussion that will be  repeated once  again next off season I’m sure.  🧐

dude got 600 yards receiving last year with backup qb's.

I could see him doing better with Dak.  

Not sure I'd rank him top 7, but he should probably be rostered in 12 team leagues.

At the very least, hes a capable injury/bye week filler in 10 team leagues.

its funny.  seems like nobody knows who he is.  my one league, Gronk (my starter) was hurt and I picked him up on the wire and was happy with the result.  My opponent was not thrilled with it.  But thats not my problem.

he saved my week.  I have no complaints.

also if you look further into his game by game stats, look at what he did with Dak as the starter vs when dak wasnt playing.

far superior stats with Dak starting.   So its not hard to project a better year this year than what he had last year if you think Dak will stay healthy.

I think hes the real deal.   Most people just havnt realized it yet.

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

dude got 600 yards receiving last year with backup qb's.

Yeah, but Jarwin was out for the year last season as well--he had the gig all to himself.

18 rec and 220 yards and two tds came in the four games with Dak last season   

This season he has 20 rec 201 yards and 3 tds with Dak  

His Last 11 games without Dak in ff non ppr his  avg per game was 4.6 , his four game avg non ppr last season with Dak was 9.5, and in four games this season it’s 8.4 , I think Dak trust him.  

And his avg per game non ppr this season in four games is one point more per game with Jarwin available. 

Concern might be when Gallup returns. 

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Pass heavy isnt accurate. The Cowboys are pretty balanced. Its why we see some lower numbers for Cooper.

That's right. They're gonna be pretty balanced, and even run heavy some games, like against the Panthers, 34 rushes to 22 passes.

The cowboy WRs look like a dart throw other than Amari TBH... 5 different players have rec TDs and 8 players have scored a TD over 4 games... you have both TEs and a 4th string WR combining for 6TDs... 

This is a great problem to have, but will likely frustrate owners all year long...

I rank D Knox ahead of Shultz. Both are in pass happy offenses but Knox has the following advantages:

• Only used TE - Shultz has Jarwin.
  • No goal line threat RBs.  Shultz has Zeke.
  • No foreseeable change - Shultz has Gallup coming back.

Knox has improved significantly. The Bills O is coming to life and Knox should benefit.

5 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I rank D Knox ahead of Shultz. Both are in pass happy offenses but Knox has the following advantages:

• Only used TE - Shultz has Jarwin.
  • No goal line threat RBs.  Shultz has Zeke.
  • No foreseeable change - Shultz has Gallup coming back.

Knox has improved significantly. The Bills O is coming to life and Knox should benefit.

Agree, Einstein. 

Dawson Knox could be this year's Robert Tonyan.   

5 minutes ago, dcgangstas said:

Dawson Knox could be this year's Robert Tonyan.   

He's not your father's Jeremy Shockey.

On 10/5/2021 at 11:58 PM, AxeElf said:

Yeah, but Jarwin was out for the year last season as well--he had the gig all to himself.

much like this year from the look of things.   it looks like he is the clear starter.

so I dont feel like its unrealistic to look at last years numbers and project out to this year.   Jarwin will continue to recover from his knee injury but I dont know that it will dip into

reps in a significant way. 

either way, right now I think he should be rostered in 12 teamers.  .  I'd project him out to around 700-800 yards receiving for the year (assuming Dak remains healthy) which isnt bad at all.

it is also possible he improves a bit.  hes a young enough player that there is likely more upside there.  I'm not planning on this but its a possibility.

so if you have TE problems, you could do worse than grabbing this guy on waivers and he looks to be available in a lot of leagues (though it looks like some are starting to pick him up now)

to add to this... at worst, hes a streaming option.

43 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

to add to this... at worst, hes a streaming option.

That's probly a lot more accurate than the OP's assessment as a lead pipe lock top tier TE1.  But hey, my six Schultz best ball teams aren't complaining.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

That's probly a lot more accurate than the OP's assessment as a lead pipe lock top tier TE1.  But hey, my six Schultz best ball teams aren't complaining.

its possible he could be a top 10 TE this year.   I just havnt seen enough from him to go out and call it yet.

but I like what I see so far.

If you are stuck at TE with a bye or an injury and see him on the wire, you could do a whole lot worse.  Thats for sure.

hes also a good pickup. 

he was taken in my leagues, so its not like I had a choice.  though I think its close enough that I'd say if you got either you'd be okay.