Sign in to follow this  
edjr

When TB12 retires, what will Tampa Bay record be next season?

4 and 13

Depends on how good Trask is and if they can bring back certain players.

Godwin and Fournette would be great to have back.  O.J. Howard and Gronk can go.  Jensen coming back would depend on how the team feels about Hainsey (their 3rd round pick last year).

On defense, they drafted Tryon to be JPP's replacement.  He played well this year.  Sure, there'll be a drop off, but he still has room to grow.  Suh is a free agent as well.  Pending on the cost, I can see him coming back.  Same with Carlton Davis.  After that, the rest of their FA's are rotational players.  They won't be cash strapped, so they can get things done.

If Trask plays well, I can see 9 wins.  If he plays poorly, I could see 5.

I doubt he retires. I think he will play a few more years before calling it quits. 

depends on what elite qb wants to spend the last few years of their career enjoying their spare time on anna maria island

12 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

I doubt he retires. I think he will play a few more years before calling it quits. 

few more? he's 44, stop it

• Thanks 1

3-14

i think he may have one more year left, but I think he retires.  Luckily he hasn’t thrown the ball more than 20 yards in ten years.

Craptastic. Once he goes, anyone there that is a FA is gonna go to the highest bidder. 

32 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

I'm guessing Rogers is waiting eagerly for TB to make a decision.  It's not like TB was blown out. 

Neither was Rodgers, but I bet they’re both done

2 hours ago, edjr said:

Yep. Few more. I could easily see him playing til 46-47. 

2 hours ago, edjr said:

he's been on record saying he wants to go to 50, no? He's been healthy. Had one of his best seasons this year. If Godwin doesn't go down... and/or Antonio Brown doesn't go mental, Tampa wins that game. I just don't think Arians and Leftwich were able to adjust to what the LAR defense was doing without those weapons and that is a problem. 

When you're playing in Florida, have a solid offensive line and weapons like Evans/Godwin/Fournette and Gronk... with Scotty Miller and Cameron Brate in the mix... what more could you ask for? He plays at least until the window closes on the talent around him or he wins one more title. Whichever comes first.

17 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

i think he'll play to menupause.

:first: