Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

Taiwan - doomsday

17 hours ago, TheNewGirl said:

And I am sorry...people were worried about Trump and North Korea? 

Now we have Russia/Ukraine and now China/Taiwan? 

FFS. 

This is what happens when USA has a weak leader.

16 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

This is what happens when USA has a weak leader.

If Captain mumbly poopy pants is weak, it's only from the 50 bouts of Covid.  

https://apnews.com/article/taiwan-asia-navy-china-air-force-4bd08ab9ecd2a9f7d450cf61618d28af

China conducts ‘precision missile strikes’ in Taiwan Strait

By JOHNSON LAI and HUIZHONG WUan hour ago

KEELUNG, Taiwan (AP) — China conducted “precision missile strikes” Thursday in waters off Taiwan’s coasts as part of military exercises that have raised tensions in the region to their highest level in decades following a visit by U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

China earlier announced that military exercises by its navy, air force and other departments were underway in six zones surrounding Taiwan, which Beijing claims as its own territory to be annexed by force if necessary.

Five of the missiles fired by China landed in Japan’s Exclusive Economic Zone off Hateruma, an island far south of Japan’s main islands, Japanese Defense Minister Nobuo Kishi said. He said Japan protested the missile landings to China as “serious threats to Japan’s national security and the safety of the Japanese people.”

Japan’s Defense Ministry also speculated that four missiles flew over Taipei, the capital city, crossing the mainland, according to a statement its embassy in D.C. posted on Twitter. Taiwan’s Defense Ministry did not deny the claim, saying that the flight path was “outside the atmosphere and is not harmful to the vast area on the ground it flies over.”

https://www.usnews.com/news/world-report/articles/2022-08-04/ugly-shameless-evil-china-blasts-g-7-eu-attempts-to-deescalate-taiwan-crisis

‘Ugly,’ ‘Shameless,’ ‘Evil’: China Blasts G-7, EU Attempts to Deescalate Taiwan Crisis

The military buildup around Taiwan continues as China disregards Western attempts to ease tensions following House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s high-profile trip.

By Paul D. Shinkman

Aug. 4, 2022, at 12:12 p.m.

Beijing on Thursday slammed an attempt by members of the G-7 and EU to ease tensions around Taiwan following House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s trip, dismissing their joint statement as “ugly,” “shameless,” “evil” and reminiscent of century-old attempts by Western powers to impose imperialist control over China.

“The Chinese people have long ceased to be bullied and pushed around by foreign powers,” a spokesperson for the Chinese mission to the EU said in one of several acerbic responses by Chinese officials to the statement. “Today's world is no longer an era in which Western powers can run amok. What to do about Taiwan is up to 1.4 billion Chinese people.”

“What is ugly? What is shameless? The statement of the G7 foreign ministers and EU High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy is a living specimen of all that,” the spokesperson said. “They collude, do evil and call white black.”

The series of statements from diplomats and spokespeople around the globe came in response to a joint text from Secretary of State Antony Blinken and other members of the economic bloc meeting Thursday morning in Cambodia. Their call for China to “remain calm, exercise restraint, act with transparency, and maintain open lines of communication to prevent misunderstanding” comes at a time of near unprecedented military tensions around Taiwan as Beijing lashes out at Pelosi’s 18-hour stopover in Taipei to meet with local officials during a broader Asian tour.

Wow. Biden and Pelosi really F'd up on yet another international situation. It's getting worse out there. This is bad.

On 8/2/2022 at 7:54 AM, RLLD said:

I get why there is an impetus to defend Taiwan from China, I get it entirely.

That being said, lets not forget how we felt when Russian helped the Cubans....Another island nation right off of OUR shore.

What if the Chinese started working with Puerto Rico, and that island was asking them to help protect them from the US?

I think China has a legit claim to Taiwan, and there should be an eventual unification. :dunno:

It's a good analogy, but a big strategic difference is that, as I've mentioned before, we can't let China get TSMC.  Ricky Ricardo and good cigars are enjoyable, but not quite the same strategic importance.  😉

Biden should apologize for Pelosi and as a good will gesture remove the tariffs Trump put in place. 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Biden should apologize for Pelosi and as a good will gesture remove the tariffs Trump put in place. 

Nah.  He can just send some more Hunter Biden artwork free of charge this time.

29 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

It's a good analogy, but a big strategic difference is that, as I've mentioned before, we can't let China get TSMC.  Ricky Ricardo and good cigars are enjoyable, but not quite the same strategic importance.  😉

In October 1962, an American U-2 spy plane secretly photographed nuclear missile sites being built by the Soviet Union on the island of Cuba

Speaker of the House Pelosi meets with President of Taiwan: the right-wing response? She is starting World War III!

Speaker of the House McCarthy meets with President of Taiwan: the right-wing response? 🦗 🦗 🦗

Just now, dogcows said:

Speaker of the House Pelosi meets with President of Taiwan: the right-wing response? She is starting World War III!

Speaker of the House McCarthy meets with President of Taiwan: the right-wing response? 🦗 🦗 🦗

He shouldn’t be doing this. But considering she’s drunk, incompetent and incredibly stupid, that was worse. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

He shouldn’t be doing this. But considering I’m drunk, incompetent and incredibly stupid, what do I know?

Well said.

Just now, dogcows said:

Well said.

Nice. I laughed. 

• Haha 1

I think we should go to war to save Taiwan, to preserve the advanced semiconductor technology at TSMC.   :thumbsup:

They can feel free to have their war now that my family is out of China.

• Like 1