Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Brittney Griner held by the Russians

15 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I've lost twice as much sleep as she would have if I was in a Russian jail.

I doubt anyone here is losing sleep.  Just commenting on a news story. 

But I hear you.  I know it's just a money/power grab by people claiming oppression, but one thing I don't mind people seeing is what it's like in a country that actually oppresses people.

4 hours ago, League Champion said:

He really changed his tune, didn't he?

I have no idea what she did or what I'm supposed to notice here.   ???

20 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

I have no idea what she did or what I'm supposed to notice here.   ???

Griner is a focking idiot who should still be sitting in a Russian prison.

• Thanks 1

Griner says it "hit different" this time:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-sports/brittney-griner-reveals-emotions-of-hearing-national-anthem-in-wnba-return/ar-AA1baCVC

That's the problem with lefties/radicals.  They've never experienced the way other countries treat people and what the Americans who came (way) before our generation fought for.  They get all butthurt over "microaggressions" that they then expand in to being indicative of full blown racism.  The influx of non-americans at such a high rate as has happened over the last generation or two, coupled with the U.S. not being in a major war has made us soft and unappreciative of the history of this country. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-sports/brittney-griner-reveals-emotions-of-hearing-national-anthem-in-wnba-return/ar-AA1baCVC

That's the problem with lefties/radicals.  They've never experienced the way other countries treat people and what the Americans who came (way) before our generation fought for.  They get all butthurt over "microaggressions" that they then expand in to being indicative of full blown racism.  The influx of non-americans at such a high rate as has happened over the last generation or two, coupled with the U.S. not being in a major war has made us soft and unappreciative of the history of this country. 

Amazing they want to be here in the land of White Supremacy they fear as the greatest terrorism threat in the country (Biden's words May 13, 2023).

• Thanks 2

On 5/14/2023 at 12:46 PM, Strike said:

Griner is now loving her motherland the USA.  Griner was on ESPN Radio saying "It takes being in a hostile environment as a wakeup call to realize how good we actually have it back home. I have totally different feelings now about our National Anthem and the reasons it is played. I have no issues standing to honor those reasons"

7 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

Griner is now loving her motherland the USA.  Griner was on ESPN Radio saying "It takes being in a hostile environment as a wakeup call to realize how good we actually have it back home. I have totally different feelings now about our National Anthem and the reasons it is played. I have no issues standing to honor those reasons"

Cool.  Can we send Biden to the Russians for a few months so maybe he'll be at least slightly patriotic as he runs the country in to the ground? 

26 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

So she is basically calling herself an ignorant goofball.   Hey its a step.  

The sitting stuff is largely no existent until a Republican goes back into office and thr Dems stir up some race baiting.  These are not serious people.  Ideas and beliefs change like the wind.  

She saw what real oppression looked looked like which is what people with common sense have been saying for 10 years to people crying about being oppressed.