Sign in to follow this  
Vikings4ever

Kadarius Toney on his way out of NY?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/04/22/report-giants-trying-to-trade-kadarius-toney/

The Giants are trying to trade receiver Kadarius Toney, Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News reports.

The team has made calls to see what they can get for the 2021 first-round choice, per Leonard.

Toney has opted not to take part in the team’s voluntary offseason program under new coach Brian Daboll, which could serve as the last straw for the Giants.

According to Leonard, “There was some internal momentum for bailing on Toney during his tumultuous rookie season a year ago. His commitment came into question behind the scenes during his rookie year due to lack of playbook study, poor meeting behavior and frequent injuries.”

Looking like another million dollar talent, 10 cent head.

None of the other Giants beat writers have this take, until they do I’m not sure I buy it. I do buy that Toney’s people would want this out there however. Unless someone is willing to part with something valuable it ain’t likely to happen.

Edit: Jordan Ranaan just confirmed he heard something similar. That changes my thinking but I am still skeptical anyone would offer something that would make it worth the Giants while…

It’s to bad if they do make a trade, if they keep him the Gmen would have two WRs Golladay being the other that are selfish players.  

2 hours ago, jrokh said:

None of the other Giants beat writers have this take, until they do I’m not sure I buy it. I do buy that Toney’s people would want this out there however. Unless someone is willing to part with something valuable it ain’t likely to happen.

I'll buy that he may want out of New York.

the organization has been a gong show.  if you wanna get traded that is exactly what you do to make them want to move you.

not saying this is the way to do things, but there are some who do this sort of thing as a way to get out of a situation they dont like. 

13 hours ago, Ray_T said:

I'll buy that he may want out of New York.

the organization has been a gong show.  if you wanna get traded that is exactly what you do to make them want to move you.

not saying this is the way to do things, but there are some who do this sort of thing as a way to get out of a situation they dont like. 

I don't think that washes very well with other teams. A walking injury as a rookie, and then he doesn't show up for work to start a new chapter in the giants playbook as a sophomore in the league. An NFL diva who has done nothing. The giants sure can pickem.  :doh:

10 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Who?

:dunno:

I think he's a rapper. Maybe the guy with the gold teeth and the kitchen clock around his neck?

• Haha 1

Kid looked like he would be the easy top WR for them but was sidetracked by injuries. Don’t blame them for moving him if he’s having diva tendencies already, he hasn’t done anything yet.

Bad news is the return would be pretty low now. If they managed to keep him and he can stay in the field they’d get a much better deal next season, however, keeping a malcontent around is a pretty big downside.

3 hours ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Kid looked like he would be the easy top WR for them but was sidetracked by injuries. Don’t blame them for moving him if he’s having diva tendencies already, he hasn’t done anything yet.

Bad news is the return would be pretty low now. If they managed to keep him and he can stay in the field they’d get a much better deal next season, however, keeping a malcontent around is a pretty big downside.

He played in 10 games and had 39 catches. What's not in the stats is  that 17 of those catches came in two blowout losses to the Cowboys and Bucs. Soft coverage and then no where to go. And dude doesn't even play special teams. 

2 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

He played in 10 games and had 39 catches. What's not in the stats is  that 17 of those catches came in two blowout losses to the Cowboys and Bucs. Soft coverage and then no where to go. And dude doesn't even play special teams. 

I'm sorry, I forgot which current Bears WR can do this?

13 minutes ago, jrokh said:

I'm sorry, I forgot which current Bears WR can do this?

Mooney had 81 receptions for 1055 yards. :dunno:

And do what again? Be oft injured and not show up for OTAs as a sophomore NFL player?

I didn't ask who led the Bears in receiving. I asked which WR on the Da Bears could do what Toney did, more specifically in the first highlight? As we both know the answer is no one. I usually don't like to offer advice unsolicited, but I will make an exception in your case. There are very few NFL Teams that are currently more pathetic than the NY Football Giants. Da Bears happen to be one of them, perhaps the most pathetic and dysfunctional franchise in the NFL. Perhaps you should worry more the craphole in your own house, hmmmm? Thanks again for the 7th pick in the draft again. Giants' fans are very grateful for the dysfunction in Chicago 🤣

13 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Mooney had 81 receptions for 1055 yards. :dunno:

And do what again? Be oft injured and not show up for OTAs as a sophomore NFL player?

Or run 50 yards to gain 5 yards? I mean, it looks cool but those are not really useful skills outside of Pop Warner

Just now, IGotWorms said:

Or run 50 yards to gain 5 yards? I mean, it looks cool but those are not really useful skills outside of Pop Warner

Yeah, I didn't want to say it. 

3 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

It's useful to gain 15 yards as opposed to no gain or losing yardage like any WR on the Bears or Patriots would have. Check the tape. Also was useful when he caught 10 passes for 189 yards the following game against the Cowboys. His talent is undeniable. It's his character and injury history that is the problem.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jrokh said:

It's useful to gain 15 yards as opposed to no gain or losing yardage like any WR on the Bears or Patriots would have. Check the tape. Also was useful when he caught 10 passes for 189 yards the following game against the Cowboys. His talent is undeniable. It's his character and injury history that is the problem.

10 for 189 against the Cowboys in a 44-20 loss. Of course Dallas was just sitting back and letting catch the ball all game long. So there's that.  

You pick the weirdest games to die with. 

And that 189 is almost have the yards he had all year. Sooo.....

Oh and against TB, he had a 7 catches for a whole 40 yards. Again, in a 30-10 blowout loss. 

3 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

10 for 189 against the Cowboys in a 44-20 loss. Of course Dallas was just sitting back and letting catch the ball all game long. So there's that.  

You pick the weirdest games to die with. 

And that 189 is almost have the yards he had all year. Sooo.....

Oh and against TB, he had a 7 catches for a whole 40 yards. Again, in a 30-10 blowout loss. 

How do you know what Dallas was doing? He averaged 18.9 a catch so either he was beating the zone Or eluding and breaking tackles. Did you watch the game? I did and he was tearing them up in straight man to man a lot of the time. Stop talking junk you know nothing about and worry about the laughingstock of the NFL: aka Da Bears 

1 minute ago, jrokh said:

How do you know what Dallas was doing? He averaged 18.9 a catch so either he was beating the zone Or eluding and breaking tackles. Did you watch the game? I did and he was tearing them up in straight man to man a lot of the time. Stop talking junk you know nothing about and worry about the laughingstock of the NFL: aka Da Bears 

Second year unachieved walking injury who doesn't show up to OTAs when there is a new playbook being learned, and that's what you come up with?

He had a good game. The giants only scored 20 points in that "great" offensive performance by him. :lol:

Second year unachieved walking injury who doesn't show up to OTAs when there is a new playbook being learned, and that's what you come up with?

He had a good game. The giants only scored 20 points in that "great" offensive performance by him. :lol:

Nothing you just posted refuted anything I said. He was injured a bit his rookie year correct. Not OTA’s but his character is certainly in question and is why this is even a topic. Again, his talent is UNDENIABLE. Worry more about your sorry excuse for a football team. Want to talk about that report from last week that Da Bears are in full rebuild mode and worried they made a mistake with Justin Fields? Thanks again for the 7th pick in the draft,

Sincerely, Every Giants Fan…

3 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Nothing you just posted refuted anything I said. He was injured a bit his rookie year correct. Not OTA’s but his character is certainly in question and is why this is even a topic. Again, his talent is UNDENIABLE. Worry more about your sorry excuse for a football team. Want to talk about that report from last week that Da Bears are in full rebuild mode and worried they made a mistake with Justin Fields? Thanks again for the 7th pick in the draft,

Sincerely, Every Giants Fan…

You are so hurt. 

But I don't blame you. The giants are put a bad situation, at least for a moment.

Why don't you start a thread about Fields not showing up to camp? And bash him in that thread. Instead of deflecting away from Toney in a Toney thread. :lol: 

1/2 point ppr last season , the great Golladay avg 5 points per game , and the even greater Toney avg 6. 

Neither one of them want to be great.  

Trade them both.  

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

Instead of deflecting away from Toney in a Toney thread

Funny you bring that up since I clearly agreed with the two points you made that were actually accurate. 1. Toney was injured at times during his rookie year, yes that is true. 2. That he has character issues that are concerning. Mostly true. However, it was in fact you who tried to deflect the issue of Toney's talent when presented with visual evidence of said talent. In fact, you tried to deflect from that by pretending to know what type of defense one of his opponents was playing, when clearly you never watched any of that particular game. Yikes.  Just like the embarrassing football team you root for; you are trying to punch too far above your weight class... Anyway, it's always a treat to interact with you Seafoam, and thanks again for the 7th pick in this upcoming draft. Since you have no reason to watch, I'll try and keep you posted...

1 minute ago, jrokh said:

Funny you bring that up since I clearly agreed with the two points you made that were actually accurate. 1. Toney was injured at times during his rookie year, yes that is true. 2. That he has character issues that are concerning. Mostly true. However, it was in fact you who tried to deflect the issue of Toney's talent when presented with visual evidence of said talent. In fact, you tried to deflect from that by pretending to know what type of defense one of his opponents was playing, when clearly you never watched any of that particular game. Yikes.  Just like the embarrassing football team you root for; you are trying to punch too far above your weight class... Anyway, it's always a treat to interact with you Seafoam, and thanks again for the 7th pick in this upcoming draft. Since you have no reason to watch, I'll try and keep you posted...

I saw the game Dallas let toney run around. He wasn't going to score.

And more deflecting from you. Great pick.

Just now, Utilit99 said:

I saw the game Dallas let toney run around. He wasn't going to score.

And more deflecting from you. Great pick.

Now you are flat out lying, you must be really desperate Seafoam. I thought your Utilit persona was a more mature version of Sderk. I guess a leopard can't change his spots. If I haven't mentioned it yet thanks for the 7th pick in the draft. Go Bears!

47 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Now you are flat out lying, you must be really desperate Seafoam. I thought your Utilit persona was a more mature version of Sderk. I guess a leopard can't change his spots. If I haven't mentioned it yet thanks for the 7th pick in the draft. Go Bears!

You're a weird dude. Don't talk about giants anyone, or this guy may just call you weird names and say bad things about the team you like in an attempt to try to defend his team somehow by doing so. 

52 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

You're a weird dude. Don't talk about giants anyone, or this guy may just call you weird names and say bad things about the team you like in an attempt to try to defend his team somehow by doing so. 

You picked the names. If they are weird that’s on you. Not sure why you keep blaming others for your failures…

11 minutes ago, jrokh said:

You picked the names. If they are weird that’s on you. Not sure why you keep blaming others for your failures…

I was just talking about toney as the failure. I'm happy in life. Going great thanks!! :thumbsup:

It's not so great in giants camp though. I mean, this is a fantasy football website. And this is a giant's thread on this site.

It's not a let's prove who has a happier life going on. Although, I am doing awesome, since you seem to care. 

I was just talking about toney as the failure. I'm happy in life. Going great thanks!! :thumbsup:

It's not so great in giants camp though. I mean, this is a fantasy football website. And this is a giant's thread on this site.

It's not a let's prove who has a happier life going on. Although, I am doing awesome, since you seem to care. 

I don’t care. You were whining that I called you weird names. The names YOU yourself selected as user names for this fantasy football site. If you called me jrokh I wouldn’t respond by whining that you are calling me weird names. Maybe Bears fans are so hopelessly distraught that their is an excess of sand in your vag 🤷‍♂️

8 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

I don't think that washes very well with other teams. A walking injury as a rookie, and then he doesn't show up for work to start a new chapter in the giants playbook as a sophomore in the league. An NFL diva who has done nothing. The giants sure can pickem.

no I never said it was smart.  but if an athlete (as is often the case) feels hes more important than he is,  he doesnt think this will affect him and he does what hes doing to force a trade.

the reality is, lots of teams will write him off and if he ever gets another contract, it will likely be a prove it deal.

right now on a rookie contract, I think someone will trade for him if New York really wants to get rid of him. 

and that is one way to handle the problem. 

Honestly if hes this much of a diva already that option may prove difficult to impossible to get fair value for the guy.  if the offers are poor,  I'd be inclined to keep him on the roster buried with the backups and not let him play until he checks the attitude.   if he doesnt fall in line, he will not play.   and by the time his rookie deal is over, nobody will be interested in him at all.   

unloading him for pennies on the dollar so he can go play and be a star elsewhere isnt really a great option.  better to address the diva attitude now and make an example of him.  The team is losing anyhow.  might as well at least set the attitude straight in the dressing room. if the situation gets worse, you can suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team and let him sit at home, making no money.  Then the team knows this is what happens to people who dont fall in line. 

53 minutes ago, jrokh said:

I don’t care. You were whining that I called you weird names. The names YOU yourself selected as user names for this fantasy football site. If you called me jrokh I wouldn’t respond by whining that you are calling me weird names. Maybe Bears fans are so hopelessly distraught that their is an excess of sand in your vag 🤷‍♂️

I said they were weird names. And not sure what they have to do with toney.

Now back to topic. 

36 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

no I never said it was smart.  but if an athlete (as is often the case) feels hes more important than he is,  he doesnt think this will affect him and he does what hes doing to force a trade.

the reality is, lots of teams will write him off and if he ever gets another contract, it will likely be a prove it deal.

right now on a rookie contract, I think someone will trade for him if New York really wants to get rid of him. 

and that is one way to handle the problem. 

Honestly if hes this much of a diva already that option may prove difficult to impossible to get fair value for the guy.  if the offers are poor,  I'd be inclined to keep him on the roster buried with the backups and not let him play until he checks the attitude.   if he doesnt fall in line, he will not play.   and by the time his rookie deal is over, nobody will be interested in him at all.   

unloading him for pennies on the dollar so he can go play and be a star elsewhere isnt really a great option.  better to address the diva attitude now and make an example of him.  The team is losing anyhow.  might as well at least set the attitude straight in the dressing room. if the situation gets worse, you can suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team and let him sit at home, making no money.  Then the team knows this is what happens to people who dont fall in line. 

Can they really do that though? I guess if he doesn't show up to play they don't have to pay him, but if he decides he wants the money at some point, does the new staff really want him now?

Pretend he skips the optional workouts, then comes to the mandatories for his money?

Would they really want that guy? If that were to happen, and somehow he got good, then they will have a handful with his complaining about a contract in a year or two. Possible holdout, blah blah blah. Not a bright future for him in new york either way. Unless with the Jets.

11 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I said they were weird names. And not sure what they have to do with toney.

Now back to topic. 

Ok then, is it not fair to wonder why you choose to use multiple user names that you are now calling weird? I didn't tell you to choose those names, did someone else force you? Why did you consider them weird? But as you said back to topic. Don't worry about the Giants we have two picks in the top 10. Will put them in a better position than say another NFL team that is being reported as in full rebuild mode who has zero first round picks...

37 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Ok then, is it not fair to wonder why you choose to use multiple user names that you are now calling weird? I didn't tell you to choose those names, did someone else force you? Why did you consider them weird? But as you said back to topic. Don't worry about the Giants we have two picks in the top 10. Will put them in a better position than say another NFL team that is being reported as in full rebuild mode who has zero first round picks...

Obsessed. With what? I don't know. :doh:

I guess with deflecting away from toney.

52 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I already posted plenty about Toney including visual evidence showing his talent. What have you done besides lie about watching a game and how the Cowboys defended him? That’s what I thought… In case I forgot to mention it thanks for the 7th pick in the draft!!!

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

5 minutes ago, jrokh said:

I already posted plenty about Toney including visual evidence showing his talent. What have you done besides lie about watching a game and how the Cowboys defended him? That’s what I thought… In case I forgot to mention it thanks for the 7th pick in the draft!!!

Lady’s please go private with this bs.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Lady’s please go private with this bs.  

Yes grandma.

• Haha 1

Good it worked , dumb and dumber are no longer slapping each other. 

🤢