Sign in to follow this  
MissionCoach

Desperate for WR advice in my draft, risk it or play it safe

12 team league, 1 PPR, start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, Fkex, K, D

Drafting from the 8th spot, my first 3 draft picks

1. Henry RB

2..Lamb WR

3. J Williams RB

There was a run on WR's.  This is the best of what's left: Waddle, McLaurin, D.Johnson,  M.Brown,  M.Thomaa

Do I play it safe with Waddle or McLaurin?  Or do I take a shot that Michael Thomas is can return to form.

Opinions appreciated

5 minutes ago, MissionCoach said:

If Big Ben was still the QB, I would probably pull the trigger for Johnson. 

I think you're actually better off with Trubisky.  Plus, I'm not high on Claypool.  I think Johnson is going to see a ton of targets.  To me, he's the safest of every one you listed.

• Like 1

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

I think you're actually better off with Trubisky.  Plus, I'm not high on Claypool.  I think Johnson is going to see a ton of targets.  To me, he's the safest of every one you listed.

I agree with you about Claypool. Pickens has been getting good reviews in camp.  

To note, last year, PFF ranked Roethlisberger as the 31st best qb.  If Johnson can be a WR1 with the 31st best qb, he can be a WR1 with 30 (or 32).

As far as the rest of your list goes, I'd put McLaurin 2nd then Waddle 3rd.

• Like 1

Also voting for Johnson, but it would be really nice if you can score Marquise Brown with your next pick.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

To note, last year, PFF ranked Roethlisberger as the 31st best qb.  If Johnson can be a WR1 with the 31st best qb, he can be a WR1 with 30 (or 32).

As far as the rest of your list goes, I'd put McLaurin 2nd then Waddle 3rd.

Good point, Big Ben was definitely on his last leg (literally), but I think he had good chemistry with Johnson, and absolutely had the timing down. 

17 minutes ago, jrokh said:

I’d go McLaurin. True #1 WR. 

I think McLaurin is a very safe pick, and Wentz is an upgrade over the QB's that have been in Washington, Not a huge upgrade, but an upgrade nonetheless. 

Mclaurin  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Also voting for Johnson, but it would be really nice if you can score Marquise Brown with your next pick.

me too on Johnson.

and I agree Marquise brown next pick or pick after that (depending on where you are drafting in the round) 

his ADP is around 65 that places  him halfway through round 6.   but if picking in the second half of round 5 I'd strongly consider taking him at that point

• Like 1

further to this my ranks

Johnson, then Mclauren (though it is close)

I also dont mind Michael Thomas in the next round either.   He and Brown have a similar ADP.

• Like 1

you always need about 3 ready to go.  inevitably one always gets poached just before you pick

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, MissionCoach said:

McClarin taken the pick before mine, drafted Johnson. Thanks for the good input!

That was a smart move by that other owner. 

1 minute ago, jonmx said:

Get Amon-Ra late 5th and he will outperform all of those

He will outperform just about everyone with a guaranteed floor of 1,200 yards and 100 receptions...

3 minutes ago, jrokh said:

He will outperform just about everyone with a guaranteed floor of 1,200 yards and 100 receptions...

along with about 200 rushing yards with 6 TD's.

ju ju might have a big year

• Haha 1

On 8/18/2022 at 9:53 AM, TBayXXXVII said:

normally I wouldnt go out of my way to endorse one like Trubisky, but by the end Big Ben really wasnt that good.

he had basically become a dink and dunk QB.     Well, any backup can play a dink and dunk game.   its even common to see 24/30 passing for 190 yards and 1 TD for a backup QB.  not great for fantasy.

Trubisky is a guy who I think is better than a backup but probably a below average starter.   word is that he learned by sitting a year and hes better for it, but I'd say hes average at best.

probably slightly better than Big Ben in his last season but I wouldnt hold out for any big numbers.   hes keeping the seat warm for someone else.

Ben avg 17 points per game last season, I think the Steelers starting Qb might have a hard time matching that imo. 

He threw the ball a lot last season , more then I thought.  I’ve seen photos of Ben coming of the field , and receiving hand shakes from coach’s and teammates, and he returns the hand shake with his left hand, tough guy.