Sign in to follow this  
himmystyles

Jalen Tolbert

I think he's worth a shot if you need WR help.

He's gonna fill in for Michael Gallup this first game and possibly beyond. He should get plenty of looks.

Of course, a rookie WR playing his first game, have reasonable expectations but I think there's a decent chance he scores you some points

I thought I read Noah Brown gets the first crack at the Gallup spot, but I am not sure. Regardless, it’s week 1 with few injuries and no byes. So unless it’s a deep league why would one want any of those options?

16 team league....maybe.  

He's listed #2 on Pokes chart.  4 or 5 targets as CD, Dalton, the backfield and Noah get the rest.  

3 hours ago, himmystyles said:

Anyone contemplating using him week 1 in what might be a high scoring matchup? 

Only 1 team in that game is going to be scoring a lot and it won't be Tolbert's.

16 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Only 1 team in that game is going to be scoring a lot and it won't be Tolbert's.

Pokes put up 29 on them last year's season opener...was actually at that game, missed FG and they almost pulled off the dub.  

He's a decent dart throw for a weekly dfs in which you spend your cash elsewhere. Although there's a lot of volatility in that pick 

23 minutes ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

Pokes put up 29 on them last year's season opener...was actually at that game, missed FG and they almost pulled off the dub.  

Yup.

5 minutes ago, rallo said:

He's a decent dart throw for a weekly dfs in which you spend your cash elsewhere. Although there's a lot of volatility in that pick 

Maybe, the game isn't on the main slate as it's 8:20. Looking at Fanduel late games slate Tolbert is $5100. You can get Kadarious Toney for 5300, Julio for 5600, KJ Osbourne for 5200, Romeo Doubs for 5000, Josh Palmer for 4900, and MVS for 5500. Pass...

2 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Maybe, the game isn't on the main slate as it's 8:20. Looking at Fanduel late games slate Tolbert is $5100. You can get Kadarious Toney for 5300, Julio for 5600, KJ Osbourne for 5200, Romeo Doubs for 5000, Josh Palmer for 4900, and MVS for 5500. Pass...

I agree, and I think I'd shade towards Palmer or MVS out of this group based on match-up. 

45 minutes ago, jrokh said:

41 minutes ago, rallo said:

I agree, and I think I'd shade towards Palmer or MVS out of this group based on match-up. 

Yup 

well, Chark is available in some leagues.  former 1000 yard receiver in Jacksonville now with a better QB.   was injured last year, but recent reports say hes really doing well in camp and impressing.  he has a nice matchup in week 1.   could be a waiver wire plug and play for week 1.   you could do worse.

I'd suggest for week 1 he could be a nice play.

also worth noting,(as mentioned in another thread by someone else) Sammy Watkins (if unrostered) seems to always light it up in week 1.   

the rest of his year isnt worth anything, but it seems to be a week 1 thing for him.   go check it out.   

3 hours ago, jrokh said:

I thought I read Noah Brown gets the first crack at the Gallup spot, but I am not sure. Regardless, it’s week 1 with few injuries and no byes. So unless it’s a deep league why would one want any of those options?

This.  Noah Brown is the Cowboys' WR2 in the absence of Gallup.  Tolbert probly shouldn't even be rostered at this point.

I really wouldn’t recommend starting any of those two young WRs.  

If i had to pick one Tolbert would be the one , he should be the slot wr.  

38 minutes ago, himmystyles said:

Is Wan’dale robinson or Sterling shepherd better adds over Tolbert? 

Robinson has some upside, if you don't need someone to start right away.

Shepherd is coming back from injury and Robinson did nothing in pre season against lesser competition although who knows once he figures it out.

colts rookie Alec Pierce is a big target and has been showing an ability to catch in traffic with good hands and a big frame.

Might get some red zone looks