Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Victim’s family ‘outraged’ over deal as ex-Chiefs assistant Britt Reid pleads guilty in crash

https://www.yahoo.com/news/victim-family-outraged-over-deal-161952204.html

Britt Reid, the former Kansas City Chiefs assistant coach, pleaded guilty Monday to felony driving while intoxicated and causing a 2021 crash that severely injured a 5-year-old girl in another vehicle.

During the 30-minute hearing, Reid admitted that on Feb. 4, 2021, he was intoxicated when his pickup truck slammed into two vehicles on the side of an entrance ramp along Interstate 435, near the team’s practice facility. The wreck injured two children, including Ariel Young, who suffered a traumatic brain injury.

“I regret what I did. I made a huge mistake,” said Reid, 37. “I apologize to the family. I didn’t mean to hurt anyone that night.”

Prosecutors reached a plea agreement with Reid and his attorney, J. R. Hobbs. In doing so, prosecutors agreed that they would ask Circuit Court Judge Charles H. McKenzie to sentence Reid to no more that four years in prison.

“This plea offer is in the best interest of justice,” assistant Jackson County prosecutor Brady Twenter told McKenzie.

In pleading guilty, Reid, who is the son of head coach Andy Reid, could have faced up to seven years in prison.

McKenzie said he could order Reid to serve the entire four years in prison, as recommended by the prosecutor’s office. But Missouri law also allows him to sentence Reid to serve just 120 days in jail and place him on five years probation.

Felicia Miller, Ariel’s mother, told McKenzie that she and her family opposed the plea agreement prosecutors reached with Reid and his attorneys.

“My family and I are opposed to the plea deal. I don’t think he should receive it,” Miller said.

Miller was joined in the courtroom with six relatives and supporters who wore white T-shirt with the words “Justice for Ariel” on the front.

Tom Porto, the attorney for the crash victims, also commented on the plea agreement:

The “victims of this crime are outraged the prosecuting attorney is not seeking the maximum sentence allowable by law,” he said. “The defendant is a prior offender whose actions caused a five-year-old girl to be in a coma and seriously injured three others.”

More nepotism paying off in a big way

Another rich kid gets off easy. Pathetic :thumbsdown:

He should have to spend his weekends caring for the girl. Focking loser. 

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/victim-family-outraged-over-deal-161952204.html

More nepotism paying off in a big way

Another rich kid gets off easy. Pathetic :thumbsdown:

He should have to spend his weekends caring for the girl. Focking loser. 

says the guy who was telling the story about being so focked up he didn't remember how he damaged his lexus driving home?

• Thanks 3

24 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

says the guy who was telling the story about being so focked up he didn't remember how he damaged his lexus driving home?

I may have not remembered if I did, but I am not sure I nearly killed any children and giving them drain bramage..

I think it's pretty gosh darn irresponsible to park on the side of an entrance ramp. - Especially with a couple little girls in the car.

It's not a f****** rest stop or a scenic overlook. If those horrible parents weren't there with their children, none of this would have happened.

Maybe next time these gold diggers can park on the runaway truck ramp smack dab in the center and wait for a Walmart truck to lose its brakes so they can sue the pants off them too.  Or you know, just have a car picnic right on the train tracks before your fries get cold.

The most dangerous part of the road is the side of the road.  Get off the Highway if you can.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, edjr said:

I may have not remembered if I did, but I am not sure I nearly killed any children and giving them drain bramage..

You just keep telling yourself those were speed bumps.

Just now, Mike Honcho said:

You just keep telling yourself those were speed bumps.

I don't remember any speed bumps 😐

Sentenced to three years in prison

On 9/12/2022 at 3:56 PM, wiffleball said:

I think it's pretty gosh darn irresponsible to park on the side of an entrance ramp. - Especially with a couple little girls in the car.

It's not a f****** rest stop or a scenic overlook. If those horrible parents weren't there with their children, none of this would have happened.

Maybe next time these gold diggers can park on the runaway truck ramp smack dab in the center and wait for a Walmart truck to lose its brakes so they can sue the pants off them too.  Or you know, just have a car picnic right on the train tracks before your fries get cold.

This is sarcasm, right?

Oh sh1t

I dunno, three years in the slammer is pretty bad.

Could it have been a couple more? Yeah maybe. But this dudes is inalterably changed (and as well it should be) 

Reid is right up there with Biden in the terrible father department.   

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Reid is right up there with Biden in the terrible father department.   

Hey I’m raping your alias in the other thread. Better intervene 

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Hey I’m raping your alias in the other thread. Better intervene 

I doubt it. 

31 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I dunno, three years in the slammer is pretty bad.

Could it have been a couple more? Yeah maybe. But this dudes is inalterably changed (and as well it should be) 

Sentence was commuted.

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Sentence was commuted.

Ok well that’s focking bullsh1t. Fock that governor 

Guv’nor should lose his focking job

The mother of the young girl injured in the 2021 crash involving former Kansas City Chiefs assistant coach Britt Reid told ESPN she still hasn't forgiven him for the crash and was shocked when Missouri Gov. Mike Parson commuted Reid's sentence after 16 months in prison.

"We went to court, we [were] told, you're going to get justice," Felicia Miller told ESPN in an exclusive interview, her first since the March 1 commutation. "He's put away for a year and about three months. So we didn't get [any] justice. It's not enough.

"I know they say sometimes you have to forgive and forget to move on," said Miller. "But looking at my baby every day and seeing my daughter, how she has to live, and then seeing how he could be back at home, comfortable."

27 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

The mother of the young girl injured in the 2021 crash involving former Kansas City Chiefs assistant coach Britt Reid told ESPN she still hasn't forgiven him for the crash and was shocked when Missouri Gov. Mike Parson commuted Reid's sentence after 16 months in prison.

"We went to court, we [were] told, you're going to get justice," Felicia Miller told ESPN in an exclusive interview, her first since the March 1 commutation. "He's put away for a year and about three months. So we didn't get [any] justice. It's not enough.

"I know they say sometimes you have to forgive and forget to move on," said Miller. "But looking at my baby every day and seeing my daughter, how she has to live, and then seeing how he could be back at home, comfortable."

He's a former sheriff, so this was surprising to me.   But he's term limited and not running for any office currently, and I don't he has further aspirations to run for higher office.

Just now, cmh6476 said:

He's a former sheriff, so this was surprising to me.   But he's term limited and not running for any office currently, and I don't he has further aspirations to run for higher office.

They got recall provisions?

8 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

They got recall provisions?

It's not getting any attention whatsoever here.   Definitely nothing at the length to get a recall to occur. 

1 minute ago, cmh6476 said:

It's not getting any attention whatsoever here.   Definitely nothing at the length to get a recall to occur. 

That’s crazy. He should be recalled for abuse of power. Yes, technically, he can do it, but there can also be a backlash.

And ironic given that he and his party are supposedly tough on crime. Guess it depends who the criminal is

13 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

That’s crazy. He should be recalled for abuse of power. Yes, technically, he can do it, but there can also be a backlash.

And ironic given that he and his party are supposedly tough on crime. Guess it depends who the criminal is

Lol. I could give a list of Obama and Clinton’s pardons but what’s the point? 

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

Probably gonna be a rich ex sheriff when he leaves office.  Thanks Andy!!!

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

I agree with Worms :shocking:

• Like 1