Sign in to follow this  
bfros

Jav williams or Kamara ROS?

who would you rather have rest of season? Javonte Williams or Kamara? Half ppr. (Got a dude in my league willing to trade me Kamara for Jav Williams). Assume Kamara's ribs are fine. 

I would go with J Williams.

Kamara is in decline and doesn't get the same work in the passing game without Brees.

J Williams is in a time share with Gordon, but if Monday was any indication, he's Russell Wilson's safety blanket and should get a ton of targets.

2 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Something is not right with Kamara.  I choose Javante.

what's not right? the ribs thing isn't an issue from what people are saying. He's not splitting touches like Javonte is. He'll catch passes. I realize people are worried he's getting older but I don't see rust yet. The Gordon thing scares me. I watched the Denver game. Gordon was used a lot, even around the goal line and came right back in after he fumbled. They aren't going away from Gordon. I think the massive amount of dump off passes to Javonte was a game script anomoly. I think Javonte and Kamara should both catch passes. 

I think the time is ripe to try to get Kamara. But everyone seems to disagree. Perhaps Javonte is too costly with too much upside, but as long as Gordon is splitting, I don't see major upside. 

5 minutes ago, bfros said:

what's not right? the ribs thing isn't an issue from what people are saying. He's not splitting touches like Javonte is. He'll catch passes. I realize people are worried he's getting older but I don't see rust yet. The Gordon thing scares me. I watched the Denver game. Gordon was used a lot, even around the goal line and came right back in after he fumbled. They aren't going away from Gordon. I think the massive amount of dump off passes to Javonte was a game script anomoly. I think Javonte and Kamara should both catch passes. 

I think the time is ripe to try to get Kamara. But everyone seems to disagree. Perhaps Javonte is too costly with too much upside, but as long as Gordon is splitting, I don't see major upside. 

He is limited in practice because of the ribs. https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/saints-alvin-kamara-limited-to-start-week/

I don't trade for injured players who don't perform (see week 1 usage and stats). 

Javonte looks awesome.  I have him on my team and know all about Melvin Gordon (also on my team).  I had both last year too.  It's looking better already for Javonte this year than last year.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

Have they ruled out a suspension for Kamara ? (at least for this season)

I don't think he has to go to court until after the season, so it's unlikely

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bfros said:

who would you rather have rest of season? Javonte Williams or Kamara? Half ppr. (Got a dude in my league willing to trade me Kamara for Jav Williams). Assume Kamara's ribs are fine. 

1 hour ago, bfros said:

Now you asked the question, maybe you shouldn’t have , sounds like you’re sold on Kamara, than it shouldn’t matter what others think about the question you asked.  

35 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Now you asked the question, maybe you shouldn’t have , sounds like you’re sold on Kamara, than it shouldn’t matter what others think about the question you asked.  

don't be like that. Me posing questions back to opinions stated is part of the process of figuring out what I think and also figuring out why others have their opinions. It's creating a conversation. It's part of wrestling with a question. 

13 hours ago, bfros said:

I don’t own any saints so I don’t follow them much…but I did draft Kamara his rookie year in the 15th round in my high stakes league  and he’s amazing…although I agree w sentiment that it’s not the same without Brees taking the snaps

i took javonte in the 2nd after Barkley in the 1st in my high stakes league this year…I’m a big javonte guy and was last year too as I had him then also

i think the broncos know that javonte is the better/More explosive player….as pointed out Denver was willing to let Gordon walk and test free agency…iirc he camera back and took less money but don’t quote me on that….I do believe that broncos see Gordon as better in pass protection although I don’t think it’s a major deficiency for Williams…and Williams is the better receiver/playmaker…..I agree w you the 11 catches were more favorable game script than something we will prob see regularly…after all he caught more balls than anyone not named Kupp last week…but he can still get u around 5 a game 

I believe Denver loves him and knows he’s the better back…but I think they ware wary of overuse and giving him Najee Harris/Jon Taylor work and having him break down…..I’m also wondering if the Wilson to Jeudy/Sutton rapport will take more time together cohesive if it even becomes consistent at all …so I think there will be enough opportunity for javonte even with Gordon stealing a few series here and there….

also not worried about the fumble…glasnow admitted the play was changed to run and he didn’t hear it and set up to pass block….javonte ran into him as soon as he took the handoff…as soon as javonte tried to bounce off him there was another guy waiting to meet him and punched the ball….also I believe an anomaly

i just believe javonte is too good not to shine…sooner or later he’s going to start breaking tackles and plays…google his name during games and you’ll find twitter blowing up with ppl staying hes in “jail” and needs to be unleashed…some are ff owners of course! Some are football writers …we saw what he could do last year when Gordon was out and he had the full workload…eventually he’s going to get you…great burst and great and breaking tackles….Denver needs to find the perfect balance between featuring him and not exposing him to too much work so he stays healthy/fresh…the guy has elite ability

Saints fan here. They are still very high on Kamara. His volume will be there. However, there are more weapons this year in the passing game. It they open it up more with Winston, then Thomas, Landy, & Olave, get more action.  Atlanta always plays the Saints tough. As will Tampa this week, very familiar foes.  Then its on to the Panthers.  Opening w/ three straight division opponents is tricky. I'd wait a couple more weeks for the full view of Kamara's usage this season. 

Javonte looks like he will be a big fantasy player with his usage and volume in week 1.  Melvin did not kill his game. Nerfed it a bit, but Williams will still be a huge piece of that Denver offense.

1 minute ago, Grack said:

Javonte looks like he will be a big fantasy player with his usage and volume in week 1.  Melvin did not kill his game. Nerfed it a bit, but Williams will still be a huge piece of that Denver offense.

He still saw like a 58 percent snap rate….and while he tacked in some receptions late from how the game played out Denver was never really down big enough that’s they were forced into pass heavy script either…..but ya I agree with ya

14 hours ago, bfros said:

I think the court case might be weighing on him too. Plus Payton is gone.

Williams is the better player right now. And he will gradually get more and more carries from Gordon. 

21 hours ago, bfros said:

21 hours ago, Gepetto said:

He is limited in practice because of the ribs. https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/saints-alvin-kamara-limited-to-start-week/

I don't trade for injured players who don't perform (see week 1 usage and stats). 

Javonte looks awesome.  I have him on my team and know all about Melvin Gordon (also on my team).  I had both last year too.  It's looking better already for Javonte this year than last year.

Week 1: Kamara - 38 plays (13 touches), 7.6 points = 0.58 points per touch / Williams - 38 plays (19 touches), 20.8 points = 1.09 points per touch.

Kamara got 13 touches and Ingram and Hill combined for 10.  He got 56.5% of the touches of the backfield crew.  Williams, even with Gordon, got 19 touches out of 33, so 57.6%.  Either Kamara is injured and the ribs are an issue, or he's in a committee.  Take your pick.  I'll side with the younger guy and take Williams.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Saints did pick up L Murray, but that might also be because Ingram is limited also.  

I'd keep Williams. Even with Gordon vulturing carries Williams picks up the slack in the receiving department. By season's end you'll be glad you kept Javonte Williams.

As long as the Saints have Taysom Hill, Kamara will not have any touchdowns within the 10 yard line. Taysom is a dream killer.