Sign in to follow this  
Ray_T

Thoughts on Mahomes so far....

QBR is a made up number/calculation. I refuse to accept it. It's an ESPN thing. Every other real stat is acceptable. I roll my eyes at QBR.

Thoughts so far?  Best overall Ive seen play the position.  If you were starting an NFL team from scratch and could pick ANY QB from any era as your starter, you'd pick Pat or you'd be a moron.  No questions.  Dude is on a whole other level.  He passes all the QB tests and adds the all important "eye test" too which players like Brady, Aikman and others never did well with.  Brady rode a defense and the tuck rule to three titles.  Was handed two others by the worst play calling in NFL history and just doesnt play the position like Pat does.  Manning was an amazing player and revolutionized how the position is played from pre-snap and game management skills.  But he aint no Pat.  Montana was surgical and played great during his run. However, he was surrounded by a HOF roster on both sides of the ball for most of his career.  Same for Bradshaw - excellent player but also had a HOF roster all the time at his disposal. I still think Joe Montana was a beast but Id take Pat over him anyways.

I watched and loved Marino, Fouts, Staubach, Elway, Rodgers, Favre, Tarkenton, Kelly, etc.  All great.  But Pat is something else. 

Discussion over.  Pats the best.  What else do you guys want to talk about?  :)

I disagree.  He’s the best Qb in today nfl, which is at its weakest point, there are no great teams, best ever , nope.  

10 hours ago, weepaws said:

I disagree.  He’s the best Qb in today nfl, which is at its weakest point, there are no great teams, best ever , nope.  

Weak? What juggernauts did those other teams have to go through though? I realized the game has changed over the last several decades but it’s all relative. There were just as many tomato cans back then a there is now. Just as many bad QBs, bad organizations, and on and on. I’d take Pat over anyone ever. 

3 minutes ago, RoadLizard said:

Weak? What juggernauts did those other teams have to go through though? I realized the game has changed over the last several decades but it’s all relative. There were just as many tomato cans back then a there is now. Just as many bad QBs, bad organizations, and on and on. I’d take Pat over anyone ever. 

I would disagree, he’s great today,  but overall number one, no not me.  The game has changed so much, to make the game  easer and safer  for the Qb.  It’s not even comparable 

Mahomes is certainly the best QB in the NFL right now.  He is already in that Montana/Bradshaw bucket.  If he can remain one of the few elite QBs for the next decade-and-a-half, and continue to deliver championships, he certainly has a chance to challenge Brady for the GOAT title. 

On 2/14/2024 at 6:07 PM, weepaws said:

I would disagree, he’s great today,  but overall number one, no not me.  The game has changed so much, to make the game  easer and safer  for the Qb.  It’s not even comparable 

I think its far too soon to say hes the best ever.  his career isnt even close to being over.

I'd say hes been great so far.

On 2/13/2024 at 9:08 PM, Gepetto said:

QBR is a made up number/calculation. I refuse to accept it. It's an ESPN thing. Every other real stat is acceptable. I roll my eyes at QBR.

I agree. I have seen unimpressive QB's put up a solid QB Rating and thought to myself.... he wasnt that good.

honestly the best rating for QB is wins, losses, playoff records and superbowls.   The rest is just a tool for Agents to get more money for their player when negotiation time comes.

one thing I will say about Mahomes..... this was perhaps the most impressive superbowl win for him (in my opinion)    He did it with what I consider a mediocre group of receivers.   Rice has shown some moxie but hes still a young, unproven player.   The rest are meh.  Kelce was good but a step slower than he used to be.   I honestly did not think Mahomes could make it work with this group of WR.    The fact that he did was impressive for me.

He’s a great player. 

59 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Thanks WeePaws, we had no idea. 

HTH.