Sign in to follow this  
Ray_T

thoughts on Mahomes so far....

2 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Patrick Mahomes is still the #1 QB in fantasy football, and #1 QB in real NFL football.

yep.

and I honestly figured tyreek couldnt be replaced.

that said, that element isnt really in the offense, but its been replaced by a committee of good WR and Mahomes was fully able to take advantage of their skillset.

I figured he would but usually there is some time needed for the QB to get on the same page as the WR. (usually half season or so) but they clicked almost from day one.

season is not over yet.   but going into the season I figured hed be somewhere between the #3 and #5 QB for fantasy at end of year.  

right now hes number one, and he may stay there or he may get overtaken by Josh Allen.

I also figured Herbert would be in the mix, but his injury and other injuries on the offense have rendered him average.  I also figured Burrow might be in the mix too but hes been a half step below what I expected.

either way I wasnt one of the guys who said hed be a bum.  I just didnt think he would be elite (which for me is top 3)   unlike some here I can admit I was wrong.   as of now, unless something profound happens (ie injury or team goes in the tank) Mahomes should finish top 3.   I'll admit that now.

49 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

yep.

and I honestly figured tyreek couldnt be replaced.

that said, that element isnt really in the offense, but its been replaced by a committee of good WR and Mahomes was fully able to take advantage of their skillset.

I figured he would but usually there is some time needed for the QB to get on the same page as the WR. (usually half season or so) but they clicked almost from day one.

season is not over yet.   but going into the season I figured hed be somewhere between the #3 and #5 QB for fantasy at end of year.  

right now hes number one, and he may stay there or he may get overtaken by Josh Allen.

I also figured Herbert would be in the mix, but his injury and other injuries on the offense have rendered him average.  I also figured Burrow might be in the mix too but hes been a half step below what I expected.

either way I wasnt one of the guys who said hed be a bum.  I just didnt think he would be elite (which for me is top 3)   unlike some here I can admit I was wrong.   as of now, unless something profound happens (ie injury or team goes in the tank) Mahomes should finish top 3.   I'll admit that now.

Your prediction was fair and not bad at all.  Mahomes gets all the credit, he just overcame the loss of T Hill with what he was given for WRs.