Sign in to follow this  
craftsman

London Mayor Sadiq Khan slammed for 7,000 mile flight to climate change summit: 'Hasn't he heard of Zoom?'

These people are a riot.

London Mayor Sadiq Khan is facing criticism on social media for flying 7,000 miles from the United Kingdom to Argentina to participate in a climate change summit.

Khan began his three-day visit to Argentina Wednesday to speak at the C40 summit with almost 100 other mayors after taking a 7,000-mile overnight flight from London to Buenos Aires, Evening Standard reported.

The move earned sharp pushback from critics on social media who accused Khan of hypocrisy for the 14,000-mile round trip flight’s carbon emissions.

"Sadiq Khan and his lackeys have flown a 14,000 miles round trip to Buenos Aries to lecture us on climate change," British politician Martin Daubney tweeted. "Which, by his own words, makes him ‘an accomplice to our destruction’ Why couldn’t Khan just do it by Zoom & set an example?"

https://www.foxnews.com/world/london-mayor-sadiq-khan-slammed-7000-mile-flight-climate-change-summit-hasnt-heard-zoom

When I think of England I don’t think of pale effeminate men anymore. That place has changed, for the worse. We’re a few years behind. 

Rules for thee.....

It’s kind of a dumb criticism.

For example, let’s say you spend a million bucks on a campaign to end poverty. Well why not just give that to the poor?! :angry: It’s a stupid and shortsighted point if the campaign results in billions of dollars in assistance.

Same kind of concept here, the little “carbon footprint” of this trip would be exceedingly meaningless if it resulted in even a tiny reduction of global emissions.

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

For example, let’s say you spend a million bucks on a campaign to end poverty. Well why not just give that to the poor?! :angry: It’s a stupid and shortsighted point if the campaign results in billions of dollars in assistance.

Same kind of concept here, the little “carbon footprint” of this trip would be exceedingly meaningless if it resulted in even a tiny reduction of global emissions.

Because he could have gotten the same results via ZOOM with ZERO carbon footprint, as well as setting a good example and not looking hypocritical.  Is this really that difficult for you to understand? 

• Thanks 1

Whats wrong with Zoom? 

First of all, "climate crisis" is made up bullshlt. So I don't even care that he took the trip. But who is this guy sticking with the bill for this trip? And his hypocrisy tells the world it's all a lie. 

And I've seen a ton of people spend big to win political seats, and none of them ever ended poverty. So you are 0-2.

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

Because he could have gotten the same results via ZOOM with ZERO carbon footprint, as well as setting a good example and not looking hypocritical.  Is this really that difficult for you to understand? 

2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Whats wrong with Zoom? 

Zoom is good for some things like rinky dink bs office meetings or when the economics just can’t support everyone traveling to the same point. But when it’s potentially a matter of global importance with leaders from all over the world and such, I think you gotta go in person and the effort is certainly justifiable

• Haha 1

Zoom is good for some things like rinky dink bs office meetings or when the economics just can’t support everyone traveling to the same point. But when it’s potentially a matter of global importance with leaders from all over the world and such, I think you gotta go in person and the effort is certainly justifiable

Yeah, you kinda lost your footing with the whole "global importance" thing.

16 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

So this is the new thing. Leftists just defend other leftists no matter what. That’s a good sign they are in trouble. 

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So this is the new thing. Leftists just defend other leftists no matter what. That’s a good sign they are in trouble. 

“No matter what”? The guy didn’t kill anyone, we’re talking about the act of taking a flight here :wacko:

And I don’t even really know who he is or particularly care.

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

“No matter what”? The guy didn’t kill anyone, we’re talking about the act of taking a flight here :wacko:

And I don’t even really know who he is or particularly care.

Why would you feel the need to defend it? Is it petty? Maybe. But it is an apt criticism. 

11 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

It's cringe as fock that the mayor of London is a Paki.

Also the mayor of NYC is Tracy Morgan. 

36 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don't think that's new anymore. 

25 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why would you feel the need to defend it? Is it petty? Maybe.

Yes, it’s petty, and this is a stupid thread. Glad we’re in agreement 👌

35 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

:lol:  Come on worms, you don't have to protect everything about your party.  Burning CO2 to save CO2, when there are clear communication alternatives. :lol: 

6 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

:lol:  Come on worms, you don't have to protect everything about your party.  Burning CO2 to save CO2, when there are clear communication alternatives. :lol: 

Not to mention there is highly developed technology to make it seem like you are in the same room as everyone else. We use Teams call at my work, but they have cameras that view 36 and when someone is speaking the technology recognizes who's talking and puts them on the screen. Large screens. Massive. I have used them before. And that was like over 10 years ago. They are probably even better today I'm sure. 

Liberals be liberals. 

7 minutes ago, craftsman said:

Not to mention there is highly developed technology to make it seem like you are in the same room as everyone else. We use Teams call at my work, but they have cameras that view 36 and when someone is speaking the technology recognizes who's talking and puts them on the screen. Large screens. Massive. I have used them before. And that was like over 10 years ago. They are probably even better today I'm sure. 

Liberals be liberals. 

Lol this guy comparing a meeting of global leaders to a jerk off session at his bullsh1t dead-end desk job :doublethumbsup:

14 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Lol this guy comparing a meeting of global leaders to a jerk off session at his bullsh1t dead-end desk job :doublethumbsup:

I don't get it. A conference about a fake world crisis is important? 

I remember as a consultant needing to be on calls with people from all over working with Entergy in New Orleans during Katrina. I would say that was a lot more important than any made up green energy thing.  

And you can call my job whatever you like but that doesn't change the fact that you have pemus envy. 

As long as they keep paying me what I get paid now, I'm all good. 😉

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

It was good enough for a country full of children to go to school on.

Hm imagine that

2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Hm imagine that

Ding ding ding...we have a winner.

3 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Hm imagine that

Liberals….. my boutique cause is more important than your kids. 

4 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Hm imagine that

No, it wasn’t :dunno:

48 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Hm imagine that

Seriously. Worms votes for that, but he thinks some climate douche needs to fly 14,000 miles round trip to sit in a chair and say a few words about the weather in England.