Sign in to follow this  
TBayXXXVII

I need to get out of an Engagement Party...

31 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

That's quite a story to tell your grandkids some day.  :D  

Seems like a bodybuilder manager makes a lot of money, to pay for all that though.  :dunno: 

Not to mention one that presumably will be out of a job once she retires?

TBay, did she ever explain why she gave you “the look” about something she knew you had no clue about?

And I’m not sure sharing that you thought she was going to hit her manager is going to convince people that this marriage won’t end in divorce…

44 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

That's quite a story to tell your grandkids some day.  :D  

Seems like a bodybuilder manager makes a lot of money, to pay for all that though.  :dunno: 

Oh, he does.  You should see the house he lives in.  Massive.

12 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

TBay, did she ever explain why she gave you “the look” about something she knew you had no clue about?

Page 4

15 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

And I’m not sure sharing that you thought she was going to hit her manager is going to convince people that this marriage won’t end in divorce…

The assistant, not manager.  Also, I thought she was because of how mad she got.  Our arguments never get to that point.

30 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Because she thought it was for her sister’s party?

Her calendar had last weekend being her sister's party... but it's this weekend.  She thought I was trying to get out of that.

35 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Her calendar had last weekend being her sister's party... but it's this weekend.  She thought I was trying to get out of that.

Are the sisters competitive?  Will there be arguments over who had the best party?

Are you going this weekend?  How about next weekend, any other engagement parties weddings, baby showers?

1 minute ago, Engorgeous George said:

Are the sisters competitive?  Will there be arguments over who had the best party?

Are you going this weekend?  How about next weekend, any other engagement parties weddings, baby showers?

No, I think we're safe.

Yes, I'm going, her sister asked me to come because I'm going to be in the wedding party.

None that I'm aware of.

19 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Just to let everyone in on the clusterfock that ended up happening over the weekend (even though I don't think anyone actually cares), it wasn't all bad.  The main reason no one in my family or friends said anything to me when the invitations went out, was because none of them got one. LOL  My fiancé (now), feels weird typing that and saying it, gave her assistant a list of people to invite on HER side back in May with a note that said, "plan for double the amount of people".  Well, he did... the thing was, I never gave my list, because I never needed to... so everyone who was there, was her friends and family.  The only people from my side were my brother and sister-in-law, because there was form that was filled out that had a space for "Best Man", and my fiancé wrote in my brother's name.  When we found out, I personally didn't care too much because I just figured we'd have something small for my friends and family and be done with it.  Not her though... she freaked the fock out on this guy.  I thought he was going to cry!  It was pretty bad.  Not joking, I actually thought for a minute that she was going to hit him!

Because the dude screwed up in the first place, he booked rooms at an Inn right down the street from where our party was, for all of my friends.  He also booked the room our party was in for the rest of the night.  All of this at the cost of my fiancé's manager.  Poker night started at 8 pm!  We were there until 1 am (sort of - standard savings time got us an extra hour), so we technically left at midnight.  Because there was food for 100 people, but only 65 people showed up, we ate the rest while playing.  We called a few extra people too, just because we could.  There ended up being 14 of us.

There will be another party, but it won't be anything fancy, in March.  It'll be just my family & friends and her parents & siblings.  My list isn't going to be as big as hers was, so it'll be much smaller.

Get out now while you can, this can only end badly.

1 minute ago, Baker Boy said:

Get out now while you can, this can only end badly.

It's been 7 (almost 8), years... I know what I'm getting into.  :thumbsup:

18 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

A flesh tube housed in a rock hard body?

An argument certainly could be made for it.  Feels quite good.  :headbanger:

43 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Yes, her manager is a guy.  That's funny.... why?

Another guy is running your life. That’s all. 

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Another guy is running your life. That’s all. 

He paid for his employees screw up.  Not seeing where the problem is here.

1 hour ago, Engorgeous George said:

A flesh tube housed in a rock hard body?

I’ve got one of those now. I must say it’s kind of nice. I feel so safe and protected when she holds me in her toned-but-not-too-big arms at night :wub:

5 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The assistant, not manager.  Also, I thought she was because of how mad she got.  Our arguments never get to that point.

Not yet anyway, you aren't married yet.  :o 

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Good point.

I presume you are taller than her; I suggest you train in a striking style to take advantage of that and control distance.  Boxing, maybe taekwondo.  Groundfighting gets you too close.  Good luck.  :thumbsup:  

46 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I presume you are taller than her; I suggest you train in a striking style to take advantage of that and control distance.  Boxing, maybe taekwondo.  Groundfighting gets you too close.  Good luck.  :thumbsup:  

16 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I participated in tournament Judo in college which bears some similarity to combat judo which evolved, primarily through the Gracies to Brazillian Jiu Jitsu.  While warming up I would observe the aikido club.  The techniques were similar, though done with greater distance.  I admired the form.  It was a clear advancement on judo and incorporated also weapon forms, even when empty handed.  It was a thinking persons form.  Later in life I practiced Aikido for some time under Gaku Homma.

2 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

I participated in tournament Judo in college which bears some similarity to combat judo which evolved, primarily through the Gracies to Brazillian Jiu Jitsu.  While warming up I would observe the aikido club.  The techniques were similar, though done with greater distance.  I admired the form.  It was a clear advancement on judo and incorporated also weapon forms, even when empty handed.  It was a thinking persons form.  Later in life I practiced Aikido for some time under Gaku Homma.

I love Aikido.  I think it's so fun.  I never did any real tournaments because I never really had the time nor opportunity.  The only ones I ever did were in the dojo with my peers.  I've done training with all of the swords, but it's kind of anti-climactic in training because we don't actually use the real sword, but the wooden ones.  The only time I've ever used the real swords was to get my black belt.  Gotta tell ya, it was pretty darn fun.

46 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I love Aikido.  I think it's so fun.  I never did any real tournaments because I never really had the time nor opportunity.  The only ones I ever did were in the dojo with my peers.  I've done training with all of the swords, but it's kind of anti-climactic in training because we don't actually use the real sword, but the wooden ones.  The only time I've ever used the real swords was to get my black belt.  Gotta tell ya, it was pretty darn fun.

I too enjoy Jo and Bokken.  Homma Sensei is particularly adept at relating weapons form to basic forms.  Seeing the relationship makes matters clearer in my mind.

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I remember that now!  I actually thought about suggesting Aikido as well.  :D  

Also, that is a lot of belts to achieve in one lifetime.  In my style of taekwondo you have to train over 23 years minimum to reach 6th degree (longer if you start as a kid.  6th is also the point at which you can test for "Master").  And of course it is a lot of time/training.  To do that in two disciplines and not be 60 yrs old is quite impressive.  

3 hours ago, Engorgeous George said:

I too enjoy Jo and Bokken.  Homma Sensei is particularly adept at relating weapons form to basic forms.  Seeing the relationship makes matters clearer in my mind.

I actually struggled with Jo.  I was best with Tanto and really good with Bokken.  Close combat was my specialty.

We have a lot in common when it comes to physical fitness and exercise.  Where most couples like to go out to restaurants, see movies, and watch tv, we like to exercise, spar, and lift.  We go to each other's dojo's and work out in arts that are out of our specialties.

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I remember that now!  I actually thought about suggesting Aikido as well.  :D  

Also, that is a lot of belts to achieve in one lifetime.  In my style of taekwondo you have to train over 23 years minimum to reach 6th degree (longer if you start as a kid.  6th is also the point at which you can test for "Master").  And of course it is a lot of time/training.  To do that in two disciplines and not be 60 yrs old is quite impressive.  

She started when she was 9 and dedicated a lot of time to it.  She loves it.  In college, she majored in exercise science.  Martial Arts was a part of her curriculum and used that to advance quicker.  In between lifting for competitions, she doesn't spend any time in the gym, she spends it at the dojo.

She got her 6th 2 years ago.  She did mention testing for Master after she got it and discussed it with her sensei.  She wanted to wait until after her retirement to do it, so I'll bring it up to her to see where she stood on it.  Glad you brought that up, because I totally forgot about it.