Sign in to follow this  
TBayXXXVII

I need to get out of an Engagement Party...

5 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Well, @Gladiators ended up being right.  It's MY engagement party.  Oddly, we didn't get engaged until last night.  It ended up being a clerical error.  My girlfriend has an agent, as a lot of people in the industry do.  The agent assigned an assistant to my girlfriend.  Last February when she and I were talking about getting engaged and married and all that crap, she went and reserved a bunch of dates in advance so that we can just cancel whichever ones we didn't need.  Well, one of the dates was November 5th, 2023.  Her assistant booked this particular date, for 2022.  All the invitations went out.  All the R.S.V.P'S

That's a bit weird but, acceptable. Congratz.

:cheers:

Next time you give her a date that you will absolutely be unavailable, I'd make sure she's listening... 🤣

7 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Well, @Gladiators ended up being right.  It's MY engagement party.  Oddly, we didn't get engaged until last night.  It ended up being a clerical error.  My girlfriend has an agent, as a lot of people in the industry do.  The agent assigned an assistant to my girlfriend.  Last February when she and I were talking about getting engaged and married and all that crap, she went to her assistant and had her go and reserve a bunch of dates in advance so that we can just cancel whichever ones we didn't need.  Well, one of the dates was November 5th, 2023.  She ended up booking this particular date, for 2022 by accident.  All the invitations went out.  All the R.S.V.P'S went out.  Food ordered.  Everything.  Everything is already in place and can't be cancelled.  On my girlfriends calendar, the engagement party that came up was for her sister... who's engagement party is next Saturday.  That's why I got "the look".

Congrats lady.  Hope they actually invited your friends you wanted to play poker with to the party.

Then even more reason to do this:

On 11/1/2022 at 8:13 PM, TimHauck said:

Move the Poker game to Atlantic City

2 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

OMFG.  You sir are a puppet to this chick.  Bwahahahahahah

It was a screw up.  It happens.  She admitted that she didn't double check the dates.  It's been a busy year for her.

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Move the Poker game to Atlantic City

2 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Nothing for it then but to invite the boys to the engagement party/poker night at the one venue.  If the distance is daunting rent them a party bus for the drive.

I put the calls in.  I think we're going to be able to pull this off.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I put the calls in.  I think we're going to be able to pull this off.

I'll watch for my invitation.  Thus far it has not arrived.  If I can't make it to wish you well enjoy the weekend. 

7 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

I'll watch for my invitation.  Thus far it has not arrived.  If I can't make it to wish you well enjoy the weekend. 

I'll see if I can get you one.  I don't even know who's actually invited to it, to be honest, I haven't even seen the guest list.  :dunno:  I'll be honest with ya, I really don't care who is coming.  After all, it's still only an engagement party.  I am going to try and sneak out early though.

53 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

It was a screw up.  It happens.  She admitted that she didn't double check the dates.  It's been a busy year for her.

You were having an engagement party for yourself and you didn’t even know. That’s called being a puppet.  Bwahahahahahaah

Just now, Alias Detective said:

You were having an engagement party for yourself and you didn’t even know. That’s called being a puppet.  Bwahahahahahaah

Ok. :dunno:

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Well, @Gladiators ended up being right.  It's MY engagement party.  Oddly, we didn't get engaged until last night.  It ended up being a clerical error.  My girlfriend has an agent, as a lot of people in the industry do.  The agent assigned an assistant to my girlfriend.  Last February when she and I were talking about getting engaged and married and all that crap, she went to her assistant and had her go and reserve a bunch of dates in advance so that we can just cancel whichever ones we didn't need.  Well, one of the dates was November 5th, 2023.  She ended up booking this particular date, for 2022 by accident.  All the invitations went out.  All the R.S.V.P'S went out.  Food ordered.  Everything.  Everything is already in place and can't be cancelled.  On my girlfriends calendar, the engagement party that came up was for her sister... who's engagement party is next Saturday.  That's why I got "the look".

:thumbsup:

Odd, but at least it answers the questions we all had.  So... are you engaged?  Did you go down on one knee, give her a ring, etc.?  

Also I wonder if her sister is pissed that your fiancee one-upped her with a party the week before hers.  :o 

Wait wait wait, hold up.

OK, so your GF planned an engagement party for you and her for Nov 5, 2023, assuming you would be engaged by then (red flag #1).   She also booked several other dates for the party (red flag 1a)

But instead of 2023, she booked 2022, and she invited a whole bunch of people, booked a venue, ordered food, all that, and you had no idea, and it's not even supposed to be a surprise, you were just left out of the whole thing (red flag #2).

So when you said you couldn't make it, and she just gave you a look, she assumed that you knew about your engagement party even though you're not even engaged? (red flag #3)

Then she realizes that she booked the wrong year (red flag #4)

So the only option at this point is she tells you that you're engaged and you have to go to your engagement party this weekend (red flag #5)

Did I get all that straight?  I'm still confused about the sisters engagement party but maybe that was a red herring?

Congrats :cheers:

Engagement parties, gender reveal parties, and baby showers are all dumb.

38 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Wait wait wait, hold up.

OK, so your GF planned an engagement party for you and her for Nov 5, 2023, assuming you would be engaged by then (red flag #1).   She also booked several other dates for the party (red flag 1a)

But instead of 2023, she booked 2022, and she invited a whole bunch of people, booked a venue, ordered food, all that, and you had no idea, and it's not even supposed to be a surprise, you were just left out of the whole thing (red flag #2).

So when you said you couldn't make it, and she just gave you a look, she assumed that you knew about your engagement party even though you're not even engaged? (red flag #3)

So the only option at this point is she tells you that you're engaged and you have to go to your engagement party this weekend (red flag #5)

Did I get all that straight?  I'm still confused about the sisters engagement party but maybe that was a red herring?

Actually, no, you got it all wrong... except the last one, which isn't a "red flag".

She and I both have been discussing it for a couple years now, waiting for her retirement.  It picked up most recently last February in preparation for NEXT year.  WE discussed it, not something she did on her own.

SHE didn't book the dates, her assistant did.  All of them are in 2023, except this weeks.  It was accidentally booked for 2022.  As I said, this has been long in the making... the lists, venues, everything, was all agreed on by us, it was just a matter of "when" it was all to happen.

She thought it was about her SISTER's engagement party which is next week.  She got the two weeks mixed up, thinking it was this week.  She was under the impression that this was her sister's party and next weekend was open.  In reality, it was this weekend which was the one that was supposed to be open, not next weekend.

SHE didn't book the date.  But, she noticed it when she mentioned something to her sister about the party.  Her sister reminded her that it was next weekend, not this one.  My girlfriend then called her assistant to clear up the dates.  That's when her assistant said, "Oops, I messed up".  My girlfriend just found out it was OUR engagement party the other day... see this post.  On Tuesday is when she talked to her sister then to her assistant.  My girlfriend said that she focked because she never double checked the dates.

Yes, because everything is paid for already, we have to go through with the party.  All this did was just speed up the inevitable.  As I've said, this was coming down the road anyway, it was only a matter of "when", not "if".  We literally have a ton of Friday's, Saturday's, and Sunday's booked across all of next year.  We only need to cancel any of them 1 month in advance.  It's actually a nice perk to have when you have an assistant as long as they don't make a mistake.

I actually knew about her sister's engagement party.  I knew it was next week.  Like I said though, because my girlfriend's assistant focked things up, my girlfriend got the dates wrong.  That's where the confusion was on her part.  Her calendar didn't show anything for next week, which is why she was under the assumption that this week was her sister's engagement party.

12 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

So who proposed?  Or was it just like "Hey we got a party next weekend so we're now engaged."  Is there a ring?

She actually did last night because she wanted it to technically be "official" before the party.  There is no ring, yet.  I didn't expect to need it so soon.  Though, I found out that she already picked it out and her assistant is supposed to pick it up tomorrow.  Fine by me really, one less thing I have to do.  I already told her that I don't want a ring because I don't like, nor wear jewelry.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Wait wait wait, hold up.

I am also super confused :( 

20 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

She actually did last night because she wanted it to technically be "official" before the party.  There is no ring, yet.  I didn't expect to need it so soon.  Though, I found out that she already picked it out and her assistant is supposed to pick it up tomorrow.  Fine by me really, one less thing I have to do.  I already told her that I don't want a ring because I don't like, nor wear jewelry.

Do you feel like an accessory in all this?

This is abso-focking-lutely bizarre.

Hopefully her assistant doesn't accidentally plan a baby shower for your fiance (congrats by the way).

Promise her you’ll go to the divorce party in a couple of years. Which is also probably already booked, unbeknownst to you. 🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MTSkiBum said:

agement parties, gender reveal parties

Truer words have never been spoken.

I'm good with the women folk having their baby showers though. Everybody needs diapers. The other 2 need to stop, that should be for the couple only.

1 minute ago, OldMaid said:

Promise her you’ll go to the divorce party in a couple of years. Which is also probably already booked, unbeknownst to you. 🤣

Sadly, this.

this might be the most retarded thread ever?

you're engaged because of a clerical error made by an assistant?

• Haha 2

Your fantasy life is far more complex than I would have expected. You should consider writing as a career.

You know she’s going to make you wear a ring right?  She clearly makes all the other decisions in your relationship anyway

What I don't get is how the fock did an assistant fund invites, food, venue, an engagement ring(!) out of what I presume is one of your bank accounts without anyone noticing

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

You know she’s going to make you wear a ring right?  She clearly makes all the other decisions in your relationship anyway

Chick already bought her own engagement ring and is claiming she didn't realize the engagement party was for them.  Apparently, TBay doesn't think anything is strange about that.

Maybe he doesn't realize rings need to be sized and sh¡t so this wasn't some thing she just did in 15 minutes.

18 minutes ago, nobody said:

What I don't get is how the fock did an assistant fund invites, food, venue, an engagement ring(!) out of what I presume is one of your bank accounts without anyone noticing

Right.

Seems like she’s trapping him in to engagement.

But also seems like she doesn’t really give a damn about him other than as some pet plaything.

And he just goes along with it all because… why? Some bankruptcy in the past or something?

I’d run 🏃‍♂️

Are you allowed to take your balls with you, or are they in the freezer still?

Hahahah..jk

Congrats!!

55 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

this might be the most retarded thread ever?

you're engaged because of a clerical error made by an assistant?

LOL, in a way.  It was going to happen anyway.

18 minutes ago, nobody said:

Chick already bought her own engagement ring and is claiming she didn't realize the engagement party was for them.  Apparently, TBay doesn't think anything is strange about that.

Maybe he doesn't realize rings need to be sized and sh¡t so this wasn't some thing she just did in 15 minutes.

https://youtu.be/bSL4cmFW_GU

28 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I hope not.  As of right now, she's been fine with it.

21 minutes ago, nobody said:

She had it picked out about 2 years ago.  I already knew which one it was.  She called the jewelry store today and they're sizing it. It's getting picked up tomorrow.  Personally, I didn't really care about this aspect, so I'm fine with it.  Hell, she's paying for it.  Actually, her manager is.  The wedding gig is her thing.  I couldn't care less.  I told her a long time ago, just tell me where to be and when and I'll be there.

28 minutes ago, nobody said:

8 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Right.

But also seems like she doesn’t really give a damn about him other than as some pet plaything.

And he just goes along with it all because… why? Some bankruptcy in the past or something?

I’d run 🏃‍♂️

It's being paid for by her manager, out of her "discretionary funds", account.  There's not a lot of money in there.  About 90% of her net income goes into her personal account that only she controls, so it's not like there's a ton of money in that account.  From what I was told, the total cost of the party was $3500.  She spent more than double that out of that account last month.  Something like this wouldn't get flagged.

12 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Are you allowed to take your balls with you, or are they in the freezer still?

Hahahah..jk

Congrats!!

No, I have them... I just have to ask her when I can use them.

Thanks.

19 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Right.

I’d run 🏃‍♂️

Not even close on any of that.