Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Smile...horror movie

Saw it in theaters last week.  It's very good.  Pretty scary, not too gory, and in interesting kind of unique take on the plot. 

I give it 3.75 / 5

7 minutes ago, Raven Fan said:

Saw it in theaters last week.  It's very good.  Pretty scary, not too gory, and in interesting kind of unique take on the plot. 

I give it 3.75 / 5

Tyvm 👍

3 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Tyvm 👍

You see the black phone?  That's pretty good as well.  I liked Smile a bit better but both were pretty good and not filled with Terrifyer 2 type gore that's too extreme for my sensitive constitution. 

Oh and Barbarian is very good too.  Dang that's a trifecta of pretty good horror that came out the last few months.  Barbarian is on HBO Max.

Saw it last night - it’s free on Prime.

The main lead really carried it with her acting. It was competent and well made. I really liked the birthday party scene. It was a passable Friday night movie with a few beers.

Overall it felt like a Frankenstein monster of many other horror movies of the last 10-20 years especially It Follows, which was much better IMO.

6.5/10

14 minutes ago, MDC said:

The main lead really carried it with her acting. It was competent and well made. I really liked the birthday party scene. It was a passable Friday night movie with a few beers.

Overall it felt like a Frankenstein monster of many other horror movies of the last 10-20 years especially It Follows, which was much better IMO.

6.5/10

I was thinking about giving it a try and might watch it tonight. I really liked It Follows also and if it is some what close to that I'd be happy. Thanks for the review. If you haven't seen it SICK on Peacock is worth a watch just for the Covid stuff at the beginning alone.

32 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

I was thinking about giving it a try and might watch it tonight. I really liked It Follows also and if it is some what close to that I'd be happy. Thanks for the review. If you haven't seen it SICK on Peacock is worth a watch just for the Covid stuff at the beginning alone.

Don’t have Peacock.

Smile was really well made just sort of unoriginal. Worth a watch if you have Prime anyway.

1 minute ago, MDC said:

Don’t have Peacock.

Smile was really well made just sort of unoriginal. Worth a watch if you have Prime anyway.

Thanks and I do and will give it a watch. I like the unoriginal and why I mentioned SICK.

2 hours ago, MDC said:

6.5/10

The main lead is Kevin Bacon and Kara Sedgwick’s daughter…

And I enjoyed the flick, but really didn’t think it was that scary…

1 minute ago, posty said:

The main lead is Kevin Bacon and Kara Sedgwick’s daughter…

And I enjoyed the flick, but really didn’t think it was that scary…

Same. Thanks for the info!

Reminded me of the movie with denzel as a cop chasing a spirit killer.

Called Fallen.  1998.  Great movie.

3 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Reminded me of the movie with denzel as a cop chasing a spirit killer.

Called Fallen.  1998.  Great movie.

Time is on my side, oh yea it is.

Pretty sure I might have mentioned this before, but you guys should try going out to YouTube for example and just typing in short or movie or something like that. There's some really excellent 6 to 12 minute films out there that have won a ton of awards that don't have the two hours of padding around them like most horror movies.