Sign in to follow this  
TimHauck

People gonna want to cancel Lamar Jackson?

15 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

If the league doesn't fine and suspend him then they are not very serious about welcoming diversity even though you see diversity and sayings all over their product.  

If he gets zero punishment then there is a bit of a double standard going on.  

I know you’re being facetious but I actually agree.  He should issue a public apology at the bare minimum 

15 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

If the league doesn't fine and suspend him then they are not very serious about welcoming diversity even though you see diversity and sayings all over their product.  

If he gets zero punishment then there is a bit of a double standard going on.  

You’re just now realizing the league is hypocritical?

Just now, MDC said:

Worse, he’s being sarcastic and saying whether or not the comment is homophobic will depend on the disciplinary action he receives…

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

Yeah maybe.  I know they have been in the past.  But I figured the whole BLM, painting endzones with sayings that happened a couple years ago....that they turned the corner and were really cracking down on this stuff.  

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

Worse, he’s being sarcastic and saying whether or not the comment is homophobic will depend on the disciplinary action he receives…

Not necessarily.    The league is really cracking down on inclusion and diversity and being excellent to everyone.  So if he sees no discipline, I will assume the league, team, players did not find it homophobic.   

Thats all.  Doesn't mean that it is or it isn't.   But it would suggest the league finds nothing wrong with it.  

1 hour ago, Reality said:

Since I like Lamar, I don't think his homophobic comments were homophobic. Let me explain why...

I've summed this issue up, everybody can move on.

Nailed it. 

39 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Yeah maybe.  I know they have been in the past.  But I figured the whole BLM, painting endzones with sayings that happened a couple years ago....that they turned the corner and were really cracking down on this stuff.  

The league is driven by $. If they think any uproar over what Jackson said outweighs the benefit of having him on the field they’ll step in. My guess is he issued an apology and maybe gets fined or something.

If Jackson was an end of the bench backup he’d probably get cut. How’s that for hypocrisy? 

27 minutes ago, MDC said:

The league is driven by $. If they think any uproar over what Jackson said outweighs the benefit of having him on the field they’ll step in. My guess is he issued an apology and maybe gets fined or something.

If Jackson was an end of the bench backup he’d probably get cut. How’s that for hypocrisy? 

This.  Although it’s looking like nothing will happen.  In fact now he is claiming to be the victim

2 rights don't make a wrong.  The dude is right about Jackson and Jackson was right for what he said.  There are no problems here.  Sure, Jackson could've been more polite about it and really, should've taken the high road and not even respond, but I'm fine with it.  Jackson used a figure of speech, nothing more.

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

This.  Although it’s looking like nothing will happen.  In fact now he is claiming to be the victim

reaching what?

1 minute ago, edjr said:

We are reaching what?

Jamison Hensley is the writer from ESPN that said his comment was “anti-gay”

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

2 rights don't make a wrong.  The dude is right about Jackson and Jackson was right for what he said.  There are no problems here.  Sure, Jackson could've been more polite about it and really, should've taken the high road and not even respond, but I'm fine with it.

Elson Musk is so rich. He should start flying people to meet each other, so people can start getting punched in the face in front of their families. 

Just now, TimHauck said:

Jamison Hensley is the writer from ESPN that said his comment was “anti-gay”

he said your.  What are we reaching?

Just now, edjr said:

Elson Musk is so rich. He should start flying people to meet each other, so people can start getting punched in the face in front of their families. 

:pointstosky:

That would quickly slow down cyber bullying.

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

:pointstosky:

That would quickly slow down cyber bullying.

Would quickly slow down fat nerds from talking ish. that is for sure. 

So NFL won't do anything because they don't believe it was homophobic.   The majority of people straight or gay seem to not have a problem with the phrase.   Lamar doubled down. 

Safe to say it probably wasn't homophobic?   Ok good moving on.

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

So NFL won't do anything because they don't believe it was homophobic.   The majority of people straight or gay seem to not have a problem with the phrase.   Lamar doubled down. 

Safe to say it probably wasn't homophobic?   Ok good moving on.

Lamar is too good and the wrong color to suspend. it is not like 30 masseuses accused him of being a perv. 

I took Lamar this year. Let me tell you, that Raven offense is hard to watch. Why does Greg Roman get all this credit? And Lamar still can’t throw outside the hash when he has to. 

Just now, edjr said:

Lamar is too good and the wrong color to suspend. it is not like 30 masseuses accused him of being a perv. 

Well a fine.  If they do absolutely nothing then obviously the NFL does not think it is anti gay hate speech.   Which I don't think it is.  But it would confirm the NFLs position.   

5 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Safe to say it probably wasn't homophobic? 

No.

Ok I think I’ve answered most of your questions in this thread.  So answer me this:

1) Did Lamar use “eating d1cks” negatively?

2) Is “eating d1cks” something that is characteristic of gay people?

If the answer to both of those is yes, then it’s homophobic.  Like @MDC said, I don’t think it was intentional, but it’s still homophobic.  

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

I know you’re being facetious but I actually agree.  He should issue a public apology at the bare minimum 

Just to be clear, you're offended by his comment, right?  Or no?

He should be CANCELED!!!  

He lost to Jacksonville for Christ's sakes.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No.

Ok I think I’ve answered most of your questions in this thread.  So answer me this:

1) Did Lamar use “eating d1cks” negatively?

2) Is “eating d1cks” something that is characteristic of gay people?

If the answer to both of those is yes, then it’s homophobic.  Like @MDC said, I don’t think it was intentional, but it’s still homophobic.  

1. Yes

2. Doesn't have to be

So in other words if you talk negatively about dlcks it is anti gay? Lol.  

If you tell a girl to eat a dlck you are not referencing gay men.  If you tell your heterosexual male friend to eat a dlck you sre not referencing gay men.  

If a girl tells a guy "blow me". Is that anit gay? 

REEEEEACH

He also insulted people who have never smelled a football field.  Why is it okay to insinuate not smelling a football field is negative?

He also used motherfūcker negatively.  Why is it okay to insult dads and edjr like that?

I found his interception at the end of the Buffalo game offensive. 

14 minutes ago, nobody said:

Just to be clear, you're offended by his comment, right?  Or no?

I’m not personally offended, but I think it’s homophobic 

12 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

1. Yes

2. Doesn't have to be

So in other words if you talk negatively about dlcks it is anti gay? Lol.  

If you tell a girl to eat a dlck you are not referencing gay men.  If you tell your heterosexual male friend to eat a dlck you sre not referencing gay men.  

If a girl tells a guy "blow me". Is that anit gay? 

REEEEEACH

If you tell your heterosexual male friend to eat a d1ck, yes you are referencing gay men

I’m not personally offended, but I think it’s homophobic 

So you're not even offended.  You just want people to acknowledge that his statement is homophobic even though he had no ill-intent toward homosexuals with the message.  What a fūcking Karen you are.

People like you are the problem

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TimHauck said:

If you tell your heterosexual male friend to eat a d1ck, yes you are referencing gay men

No I am not.  I am telling him to do soemthing I know he doesn't want to do.  

Has nothing to do with gay men.  

If I say kiss my foot....am I referencing weirdos with feet fetishes? 

You are one weird little man.  

So what about the 18 year old girl with vulgar mouth.  And likes to tell people (man or women) to "blow me" when she disagrees with them.  Is that homophobic?

You people will link and exaggerate everything and anything.  This is why this PC world exists.  Big ol leaps to get offended.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, nobody said:

So you're not even offended.  You just want people to acknowledge that his statement is homophobic even though he had no ill-intent toward homosexuals with the message.  What a fūcking Karen you are.

It is quite amazing really.  I was just being goofy and giving hypotheticals in here amusing myself.  But my God, Tim is dead serious.  

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

No I am not.  I am telling him to do soemthing I know he doesn't want to do.  

Has nothing to do with gay men.  

If I say kiss my foot....am I referencing weirdos with feet fetishes? 

You are one weird little man.  

So what about the 18 year old girl with vulgar mouth.  And likes to tell people (man or women) to "blow me" when she disagrees with them.  Is that homophobic?

You people will link and exaggerate everything and anything.  This is why this PC world exists.  Big ol leaps to get offended.  

More dumb hypotheticals.

No, a girl saying “blow me” isn’t homophobic because she doesn’t have a d1ck

What does the term "kiss my azz" reference? Can people say that instead? Is that phrase in the clear? Becauee it means the exact same thing.

Just now, TimHauck said:

More dumb hypotheticals.

No, a girl saying “blow me” isn’t homophobic because she doesn’t have a d1ck

Lmao ok.  Now you are just tangling yourself.   

So one has to have a dlck in order to portray dlck sucking as negative?

Lmao you are so goofy.  

8 minutes ago, nobody said:

NAILED IT!!!

6 minutes ago, nobody said:

Lol.  I mostly just want Lamar to acknowledge it.  It’s disappointing to me that not only has he not apologized, he has doubled down. 

The fact that so many don’t have an issue with this phrase is basically the reason gays aren’t more accepted IMO.  This is similar to what I mentioned earlier about the phrase “that’s gay” that was popular when I was in high school (not sure if it still is).  People weren’t usually trying to ridicule gay people when they said that, but using it in a negative light (like the dickeating comment) is homophobic.

4 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Lmao ok.  Now you are just tangling yourself.   

So one has to have a dlck in order to portray dlck sucking as negative?

Lmao you are so goofy.  

No, a woman saying “blow me” or telling a woman to eat a d1ck is still negative, it’s just not homophobic