wiffleball

The Chinese are revolting!

1 hour ago, edjr said:

How has it taken them 3000 years to see this?  About time they opened their eyes...

Well, they're born with a natural squint.

Racist! 😡

China likes to build, and fast. Impressive for a developing country. 

Anyone have any ideas how I can show my support for the protesters in China? Can’t put a flag like for 🇺🇦. Have to support freedom in China too, right? 

21 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Anyone have any ideas how I can show my support for the protesters in China? Can’t put a flag like for 🇺🇦. Have to support freedom in China too, right? 

If you want to show solidarity with the chinese, Drive around with your left turn signal blinking the entire time.

Just now, wiffleball said:

If you want to show solidarity with the chinese, Drive around with your left turn signal blinking the entire time.

How about if I chain smoke and play blackjack? 

32 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

How about if I chain smoke and play blackjack? 

Try mahjong instead.

59 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The Uyghur flag looks just like the Turkish flag but is baby blue rather than red.

On 11/27/2022 at 8:07 PM, Voltaire said:

I wish.

Just yesterday we got our closest brush with COVID when delivery driver to a nearby beverage/milk tea/coffee store tested positive. I anticipate things around here are going to get really stupid, really fast in the next few days.

We have plane tickets for Dec 13th and I have likely taught my last class ... not by choice.

Are the protests real? How much is this stuff propaganda?

4 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

I don't know lol. Maybe Volt can translate.

There is some nurse (?) with a caulk gun and a tampon on a stick just moving them back and forth; dear lord that is disturbing.  :lol: 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Agreed it does seem far from it, but it can happen fast. Next Pandemic I can see it happening. I mean hell some still want vaccine passports to enter concerts and sporting events Both Canada and Australia sent people to camps. Sure they were hotels although I think Austalia had actual camps.

Most people still don't see it coming. The CBDC. The desire to use passports for anything but international travel. Canada banning hand guns. The Dutch gov forcing 30k farmers to sell off their farms for "climate change". They will refuse to believe it even after it has already happened.

2 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Are the protests real? How much is this stuff propaganda?

:dunno:

Zhengzhou is real. That's not just where the Apple phone protests are taking place, but also the bank protests that are exponetially worse. A few months back, a Bernie Maddoff-type scammer emptied out hundreds of thousands of bank accounts, stealing the life savings of much of the community. The Chinese government did nothing to get the money back and instead beat the protestors.  https://www.vesterholdings.com/news/zhengzhou-henan-protests-china-crushes-mass-demonstration-by-bank-depositors-demanding-their-life-savings-back/

Not the slightest trace of protests around here though. That anything productive comes out of this seems like wishful thinking.  

4 hours ago, Voltaire said:

:dunno:

Zhengzhou is real. That's not just where the Apple phone protests are taking place, but also the bank protests that are exponetially worse. A few months back, a Bernie Maddoff-type scammer emptied out hundreds of thousands of bank accounts, stealing the life savings of much of the community. The Chinese government did nothing to get the money back and instead beat the protestors.  https://www.vesterholdings.com/news/zhengzhou-henan-protests-china-crushes-mass-demonstration-by-bank-depositors-demanding-their-life-savings-back/

Not the slightest trace of protests around here though. That anything productive comes out of this seems like wishful thinking.  

Agreed. The CCP has too much power and the people have been manipulated for too long. Nothing significant will ever change there. Or at least it's going to need to get really bad

10 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Agreed. The CCP has too much power and the people have been manipulated for too long. Nothing significant will ever change there. Or at least it's going to need to get really bad

The totalitarian regimes in Iran or Russia are more likely to topple IMO.

On 11/27/2022 at 6:40 PM, Pimpadeaux said:

No one gives a fock anymore over here. Almost no one wears masks, and there is zero social distancing. 

totally wrong.  LOTS of people are wearing masks now in Los Angeles.  i almost wanna say most people.  Maybe 40%-50%.  for a while, mask use dropped to near zero but it definitely jumped way back up again in recent weeks.

https://news.yahoo.com/covid-infections-rising-la-county-013400933.html

COVID infections rising in LA County

Mon, November 28, 2022 at 5:34 PM

Coronavirus infections are rising in LA County. Month to month, test positivity rate is up nearly 10%. Now the health department is strongly recommending people to mask up.

16 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

🍜

50 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

🍜

How about a Chinese person hunched over in dim lighting and assembling an I phone after 12 hours? 

"Your majesty. I've come on the most urgent of business. It's said that the people are revolting!"

"You said it, they stink on ice."