Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

More Whining

Just now, supermike80 said:

Oh...so let me see if I get this straight.  If they called you to lay you off...you would be totally cool with it and not pissed off.  Only if they failed to call you would you then be mad.  Interestng

I’d probably be unhappy either way. But yeah, I would be mad if a place I worked at for 20 years laid me off via email. That’s a huge sign of disrespect to a loyal employee. 

Just now, MDC said:

I’d probably be unhappy either way. But yeah, I would be mad if a place I worked at for 20 years laid me off via email. That’s a huge sign of disrespect to a loyal employee. 

Yeah...you made that pretty clear.  Sorry about your feelings

1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

Yeah...you made that pretty clear.  Sorry about your feelings

Sorry you’re such a knee-jerk corporate bootlicker that you reflexively side with a crap organization like Google over common decency. :thumbsup: 

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

I heard a theory that they only sent emails to the people that they really liked since these people were less likely to hold a grudge.

6 minutes ago, MDC said:

Sorry you’re such a knee-jerk corporate bootlicker that you reflexively side with a crap organization like Google over common decency. :thumbsup: 

Did that make you feel better?

On 3/10/2023 at 1:10 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Well well. The former head of PayPal says google did just this. Mister tech himself, Gutterboy, said that’s ridiculous. 

Gutterboy isn't tech.  He just reinstalls windows on grandma's computer when she starts getting too many pop ups.

This thread is appropriately titled.

Good lord, you people just log in every day, for years on end, just to fight each other. Doesn't it ever get exhausting?

I've had my fair share of slapfights over the years, but they eventually get resolved. The Geek Club's perpetual horn-locking is the Great Red Spot of the messageboard community.

9 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Did that make you feel better?

I still feel sorry for you. :dunno: 

Just now, MDC said:

I still feel sorry for you. :dunno: 

Let us know when you start to feel better.   Your feelings are important to everyone

2 minutes ago, TK0001 said:

This thread is appropriately titled.

Good lord, you people just log in every day, for years on end, just to fight each other. Doesn't it ever get exhausting?

I've had my fair share of slapfights over the years, but they eventually get resolved. The Geek Club's perpetual horn-locking is the Great Red Spot of the messageboard community.

Whine about the whining.  Solid contribution, nice work.  :thumbsup:

Google, he continued, had intentionally over-hired engineers and tech talent to stop them from moving to other companies, a strategy he described as "pretty coherent." But, he added, that meant engineers had been happy to "be entitled, sit at their desks, and do nothing."

Sounds like government.

12 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Whine about the whining.  Solid contribution, nice work.  :thumbsup:

[insert bland insult involving politics]

On 1/23/2023 at 12:11 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

I think these these tech companies went on a mass hiring spree knowing what was coming and keeping employees away from competition and now they can keep the best ones they hired. 

Gutterboy wrong again. I work in tech! 

39 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Gutterboy wrong again. I work in tech! 

This was and is one of the dumbest things you've ever said.  What makes it better is you're declaring victory months later based on the opinion of one worker posted in a TikTok video.

You're an uneducated blue collar guy, stop pretending that you know anything.

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Says the lazy Trans loving Pedocrat. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

This was and is one of the dumbest things you've ever said.  What makes it better is you're declaring victory months later based on the opinion of one worker posted in a TikTok video.

You mean the opinion of an employee that was hired and had no work to do, right? So what I have to go on is that actual employee vs you, a poster on a lightly trafficked message board that seemingly has no work to do as well. I’ll go with her. 

2 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

• Like 1

Don’t worry, all the big tech companies are still bringing in foreign workers after laying off thousands.  Right again.