Sign in to follow this  
kozmiq

What I like about the Geek Club .. and what I don't like (as if you care)

I really like humor.  I like to read things that make me laugh.  I don't know who's who here but some of you make me laugh (or at least smile).  

I enjoy musical threads.  Sometimes I can learn things; and sometimes I can kick in with my opinions .. usually with harmless retorts.

And of course, I like Sports discussions.

I don't like people who are negative name callers.  When I see a person call somebody a negative name, I think, this person has been pushed around and picked on all their life.  And now they can go on a website and really bad mouth someone because the other person isn't standing there face to face.  I would imagine if you guys who call people nasty names did so in real life, you'd get your ass handed to you.  But that's why you do it; you can fell bravado and manly .. when you are anything but ...

And lastly, you geniuses who think that you're so smart about politics.  I see people wanting to appear to be smart, pretending to be so smart by entering into political discussion on a predominately Sports discussion board .. and then just repeating what they've read or heard on places of their persuasion only.  Give YOUR opinion, not someone else's that you've read or heard.  And try to see both sides; don't just choose which side of the aisle you believe in and take that point of view every time .. and give that opinion in every damn thread that pops up.  My opinion is it isn't left Liberal vs. Right Conservative; it's Congress, POTUS and our elected Leaders vs. the rest of us.

And now it's your turn to tell me that you don't like me.  Fair enough.  Just do it civilly. 

Maybe you have a different opinion.  Please share; I'd like to hear it.

I like you. And I applaud your crusade against name calling. Most of us do it but you should continue to call it out. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

I like you. And I applaud your crusade against name calling. Most of us do it but you should continue to call it out. 

Insults here are used for showing lack of respect for one’s opinions. I have zero respect for any of the lefties here. I will continue to insult them. They don’t seem to have a problem with insulting me back. I can take it. 

4 minutes ago, kozmiq said:

I really like humor.  I like to read things that make me laugh.  I don't know who's who here but some of you make me laugh (or at least smile).  

I enjoy musical threads.  Sometimes I can learn things; and sometimes I can kick in with my opinions .. usually with harmless retorts.

I don't like people who are negative name callers.  When I see a person call somebody a negative name, I think, this person has been pushed around and picked on all their life.  And now they can go on a website and really bad mouth someone because the other person isn't standing there face to face.  I would imagine if you guys who call people nasty names did so in real life, you'd get your ass handed to you.  But that's why you do it; you can fell bravado and manly .. when you are anything but ...

And lastly, you geniuses who think that you're so smart about politics.  I see people wanting to appear to be smart, pretending to be so smart by entering into political discussion on a predominately Sports discussion board .. and then just repeating what they've read or heard on places of their persuasion only.  Give YOUR opinion, not someone else's that you've read or heard.  And try to see both sides; don't just choose which side of the aisle you believe in and take that point of view every time .. and give that opinion in every damn thread that pops up.  My opinion is it isn't left Liberal vs. Right Conservative; it's Congress, POTUS and our elected Leaders vs. the rest of us.

And now it's your turn to tell me that you don't like me.  Fair enough.  Just do it civilly. 

I pray that alcohol would no longer be apart of your life.  God Bless 

39 minutes ago, kozmiq said:

I see people wanting to appear to be smart, pretending to be so smart by entering into political discussion on a predominately Sports discussion board .. and then just repeating what they've read or heard on places of their persuasion only.  Give YOUR opinion, not someone else's that you've read or heard. 

This will never stop. This is what political hacks do. Sometimes it's to sound smart and sometimes I think they just regurgitate on auto pilot to annoy the other side. Both sides do it. 

It's very much like religion. You grow up raised a certain way and you wind up parroting what mammy and pappy told you. Although at least with religion, people seem to.. at some point in their lives... sit back and formulate their own opinions. Not so much the case with politics. 

29 minutes ago, kozmiq said:

Name calling adds absolutely nothing to any discussion and when it is allowed, it discourages people from posting at all, or, if they have posted, from continuing any dialogue with the person who has called them names. And it is difficult to take anyone completely seriously after receiving a middle school level insult. :lol:

41 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

Insults here are used for showing lack of respect for one’s opinions. I have zero respect for any of the lefties here. I will continue to insult them. They don’t seem to have a problem with insulting me back. I can take it. 

I get it. But around here, only one side gets called out for it. The other side actually thinks they dont do it. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I get it. But around here, only one side gets called out for it. The other side actually thinks they dont do it. 

The other side that claims they don't name call won't call you a "dlck", they'll call you a racist, or misogynist, or xenophobe, or whatever that doesn't sound like "assh0le" but is way worse. And then they come in here and act as if they are civilized when in fact they are simply uninformed and flat out liberal stupid.  

54 minutes ago, kozmiq said:

Got it.