Sign in to follow this  
jrokh

Titans could be moving on from Derrick Henry

Bills would be the first team I would think would jump on this. Henry could put them over the top...

The Eagles win the super bowl with Henry, that should be his next stop.  

11 hours ago, weepaws said:

Why?? They could draft Bijan at 10 if they want 

They could do both.  

Doesn't feel like he'd be worth what you'd have to pay to have him

20 hours ago, weepaws said:

Eagles line is top notch.  

Henry would light it up there.    good landing spot for him.

On 3/7/2023 at 4:16 PM, Ray_T said:

Eagles line is top notch.  

Henry would light it up there.    good landing spot for him.

If they can get Robinson or Gibbs at 30 I think they take one there. It would save them a boat load of money. 

1 hour ago, seafoam1 said:

If they can get Robinson or Gibbs at 30 I think they take one there. It would save them a boat load of money. 

for sure, but I think the post above yours is the more realistic option.

if the Eagles are not happy with their RB, they will draft one.  Even if they are happy with their RB, they may draft one anyways.  RB is a young players postion.  and RB's seem to get injured more than almost any other position. for this reason, the huge pounding these players take......not many RB's are productive past the age of 30 in the NFL.   So why would a cash strapped team bring in an expensive player like Henry when they could draft the best RB on the board at the draft and pay him less than 25% what Henry is making.  Henry only boosts you for a year or so.  after that hes a cap liability.    Dont get me wrong, I love the player but hes nearing the end of the road production wise. 

in the new cap era its about putting up the best team with the money you are allowed to spend.   Blowing 10 mil (or whatever Henry is making) does not make a ton of sense when you are tight to the cap unless you have a non productive player making a lot of cash you can get rid of.

Alternatively if the Titans release him and he can sign a cheaper contract, that may make him a more reasonable signing.... but then lots of other teams will be in the mix.   the discount may not be as large as we think it will be.   There is always some idiot  of a GM  who will overpay.

I’m sure it’s not going to  happen, but I still say that with Henry on board, the Eagles win the Super Bowl.  But I’m sure that’s not a move that they will want to make.  I think Henry proved many wrong with his production last season. 

29 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I’m sure it’s not going through happen, but I still say that with Henry on board, the Eagles win the Super Bowl.  But I’m sure that’s not a move that they will want to make.  I think Henry proved many wrong with his production last season. 

true.  part of that is definitely on him.  but part is also due to the line being a lot less effective.   due to injuries and losing players for cap reasons, that line is not what it was 2 years ago when they were a force to be reconed with.

its still better than a lot of teams lines but not the top 3 it once was.

if you go back to before the season there was a thread where I was questioning the line and whether Henry was still a top pick for fantasy.   I believe I suggested due to changes on the line hes still a RB1 but not an elite one like before.   That may be the case again but the Titans look like they are going into a rebuild.  too many older players on big salaries.   and in terms of rebuilds its a faster rebuild if you trade the pieces away earlier when you can still get some value for them as compared to later when they have no value.

Titans are in rebuild, I know that they let their center go, if Henry stays with the Titans I’m going to rank him late in the first round.  

I think on the right team like the Eagles he’s a top three rb pick for one more season.  

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Titans are in rebuild, I know that they let their center go, if Henry stays with the Titans I’m going to rank him late in the first round.  

I think on the right team like the Eagles he’s a top three rb pick for one more season.  

I agree.   initially his contract worried me, but apparently after this year, the dead cap hit to let him go isnt offensive.  but Henry may also be wanting an extension before he takes the field which may complicate things.

because there isnt a lot of term, maybe the iggles or some other RB needy team will look into acquiring his services.

the contract was 4 years 50 mil but he has 2 years left

most if not all of the guaranteed money was paid out, so its mainly cap penalties to let him go early.   if he plays this year and they let him go next year I think its like almost a 5 mil dead cap hit.

not great but not offensive either if you just want him for a year or two to try to win a championship.

21 hours ago, LaChup said:

I could see a Josh Allen for D. Henry trade.

If Buffalo throws in Diggs along with Allen for Henry that would even things out a bit more.

• Haha 1

Kind of a CMC situation here. Titans need to be in full rebuild mode. They kept a bridge QB way longer than they should have, they made a terrible move trading AJ Brown last year, Henry is taking up a big chunk of cap space...  They can find a team that is similarly positioned as San Fran was last year who thinks the known commodity of King Henry puts them in the best place to win a SB over the next 2-3 years. 

49 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

They can find a team that is similarly positioned as San Fran was last year who thinks the known commodity of King Henry puts them in the best place to win a SB over the next 2-3 years. 

that is the dream.

though its not always a reality.   but if trading King Henry, given the remaining time on the contract, I could see a team going for it.   Though it is still a fair bit of cap space they need to clear to make it happen.

3 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

that is the dream.

though its not always a reality.   but if trading King Henry, given the remaining time on the contract, I could see a team going for it.   Though it is still a fair bit of cap space they need to clear to make it happen.

maybe it doesn't happen but the Titans are trending in the same direction as Carolina and there are teams out there that might feel the same way San Fran felt. Different style RB of course, but a proven asset. 

Buffalo, if the cap numbers worked, would probably make a lot of sense. With Allen, Diggs, Gabe Davis, Knox... yeah, they could start giving more work to James Cook but Henry gives them an automatic huge boost in their battles with Cincy and KC. For that matter, if Cincy moves on from Mixon, Henry would be a big boost for them as well. Mixon was not great last year and they can save a nice amount of cap by releasing him. Miami? just traded for Jalen Ramsey but it only cost a 3rd.... if Tua is healthy, you've got Hill and Waddle... adding Henry might be enticing. 

Henry to the Dolphins is a good move for Henry and the Dolphins, I think Tua is going to have concussion issues, and will probably retire early in his career.  

7 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Henry to the Dolphins is a good move for Henry and the Dolphins, I think Tua is going to have concussion issues, and will probably retire early in his career.  

I agree on the concussions.   if hes gonna last, he needs to quit running the ball himself, and become more of a game manager.

you dont want your QB who has had multiple concussions running the ball and taking extra hits.  he likely needs to change how he plays.    can he be effective that way?  I dont know, but having a guy like Henry there may take some of the heat off of him.   if you stack the box to stop Henry, you are opening things up for Tyreek.

might work nice.   so long as the Miami O line is able to answer the call.

6 hours ago, weepaws said:

You think Tua's going to have concussion issues?

I do, I think his concussion issues will continue. 

2 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

You think Tua's going to have concussion issues?

Yes.  

good chance.

with each concussion, your chances of getting another one go up.      Hes at a point where another concussion could easily be a career ender.

I wouldnt be wanting him in a keeper/dynasty format.  Id sell now.