Sign in to follow this  
jrokh

Da Bears trade 1st pick to Panthers

Rappaport is saying the same thing.

Love the trade for the Bears. And now they can pass on an early WR. Moore is awesome. 

3 hours ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Interesting that they traded out of range for one of the top defensive players.

I would way rather have the #9, 61, a first next year and a second the following year AND DJ Moore than an "upgrade" in tge form of a lightweight 4-3 defense DE or a DT with questionable character and work ethic. 

11 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

The Bears have a boatload of cap space too.

Yeah, and they need it to accommodate Moore's contract. But he's only 25 and they have him through 2025 now. I'm thinking they take Skoronski or Paris Johnson at #9. Unless they like some later Off Linemen and maybe take that Van Ness guy from Iowa at #9. 

But it will be fun to see what Indi and LV does now to maybe move up to 3?:dunno: Unless Houston gets Garoppolo and bypasses a QB? This will be a fun draft.

2 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

I would way rather have the #9, 61, a first next year and a second the following year AND DJ Moore than an "upgrade" to a lightweight 4-3 defense DE or a DT with questionable character and work ethic. 

I dont know.... I think they got a pretty good haul.  

The equivalent of more than 3 first round picks.

and they got a top WR.    one thing about the Bears.... they dont have a fantastic record in terms of drafting and developing WR's...    So this eliminates that problem and they have all kinds of draft capital to upgrade the rest of the team.

if they want to trade back up, one of those 2nd round picks outta get them what they want.

I dont mind the deal.   if I'm wrong and Fields turns out to be the real deal, this is a great trade.

I'm still not a big believer in Fields, but with the WR they now have there is really no excuse to stink the joint out.   at this point its on him (and possibly the coaches)

43 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I dont know.... I think they got a pretty good haul.  

The equivalent of more than 3 first round picks.

and they got a top WR.    one thing about the Bears.... they dont have a fantastic record in terms of drafting and developing WR's...    So this eliminates that problem and they have all kinds of draft capital to upgrade the rest of the team.

if they want to trade back up, one of those 2nd round picks outta get them what they want.

I dont mind the deal.   if I'm wrong and Fields turns out to be the real deal, this is a great trade.

I'm still not a big believer in Fields, but with the WR they now have there is really no excuse to stink the joint out.   at this point its on him (and possibly the coaches)

Yeah, that is an A+ trade by Poles. :thumbsup:

Panthers are claiming their willing to trade back for the right deal.

The addition of DJ Moore is a darn good move to help out mr Fields. 

1 hour ago, seafoam1 said:

Yeah, that is an A+ trade by Poles. :thumbsup:

If I were in charge, I'd try to trade back up to get a top defender.   at 8  they dont have to move up far.   a 2nd or 3rd round pick will likely get them there.

assuming they still have their second round pick,  the first pick in round 2 is almost like a first rounder.  but they could package it with a mid to late pick to move up a few picks and get back into the first round.

there are options for sure.   as I mentioned earlier.  they dont seem to be good at drafting and developing players on offense (other than at RB).   I think if there is one strength of this organization it is drafting and developing defensive players.   They should stick to what they are good at and load up on great defenders.   this will take a lot of pressure off the offense so they can just do what they do best.   Playing from behind isnt something that plays to the strengths of a running QB.  a top D can keep games close so they can stick to their gameplan.

if fields isnt all they think he is, they can pivot and go with a strong ground game and a great D matches up with that quite nicely.    The fact they run the ball so much will kill the clock so the D wont get tired late in games.  

They're going after Anthony Richardson

On 3/10/2023 at 7:14 PM, jrokh said:

Too bad the Bears have Fields at QB…

yeah, I'm not a big believer in Fields either.   The team obviously has faith in him  so maybe they see something that we dont.   Though the organizations track record in developing QB's hasnt been great so I'm not holding out hope that they know more than us.

On 3/10/2023 at 9:14 PM, jrokh said:

Too bad the Bears have Fields at QB…

And thank God they aren't paying a guy like Jones $40M a year. 😆 :banana:

Go Bears!!

And thank God they aren't paying a guy like Jones $40M a year. 😆 :banana:

Go Bears!!

That’s why Da Bears were the worst team in the league, and the Giants won a playoff game. You get what you pay for. Enjoy last place again this season. Go Bears indeed…

47 minutes ago, jrokh said:

That’s why Da Bears were the worst team in the league, and the Giants won a playoff game. You get what you pay for. Enjoy last place again this season. Go Bears indeed…

they need all the help they can get.

hopefully they hit on those draft picks they got in trading down.   

36 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

they need all the help they can get.

hopefully they hit on those draft picks they got in trading down.   

Last year was an obvious teardown of the team. Some people like to comment on teams without even knowing what is happening with them.

So far in their rebuild they acquired a stud WR, an extra first rounder next year and a second the year after and another this year. And they got themselves a couple good linebackers today in TJ Edwards and Tremaine Edmunds. Steady rebuild. It's not going to all happen in one offseason, but the Bears are working on it. 

Moore is not a stud wr, a stud wr is one that is one of the top four or five WRs in the game, and that’s not Moore, and now with a running Qb, that’s not going to change.  

25 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Moore is not a stud wr, a stud wr is one that is one of the top four or five WRs in the game, and that’s not Moore, and now with a running Qb, that’s not going to change.  

:rolleyes: 

Like I said.

57 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Last year was an obvious teardown of the team. Some people like to comment on teams without even knowing what is happening with them.

So far in their rebuild they acquired a stud WR, an extra first rounder next year and a second the year after and another this year. And they got themselves a couple good linebackers today in TJ Edwards and Tremaine Edmunds. Steady rebuild. It's not going to all happen in one offseason, but the Bears are working on it. 

baby steps.

all those first round picks only help you if you hit on them.   so the focus needs to be in the drafting and player development.

9 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

baby steps.

all those first round picks only help you if you hit on them.   so the focus needs to be in the drafting and player development.

For sure. Except for the focus right now needs to be free agency. Then draft. But that's being picky. :)

2 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

So far in their rebuild they acquired a stud WR,

Here is a list of WR's who are better than DJ Moore:

Justin Jefferson, Cooper Kupp, Tyreek Hill, Davante Adams, Jamaar Chase, Stefon Diggs, AJ Brown, Cee Dee Lamb, Amon Ra St. Brown, Jaylen Waddle, DK Metcalf, Deebo Samuel, Mike Evans, Deandre Hopkins, Amari Cooper, Garrett Wilson, and Devonta Smith. So, congrats on landing the 18th best receiver in the league. It seems your standard for a 'stud' WR is much lower than everyone else's....

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Here is a list of WR's who are better than DJ Moore:

Justin Jefferson, Cooper Kupp, Tyreek Hill, Davante Adams, Jamaar Chase, Stefon Diggs, AJ Brown, Cee Dee Lamb, Amon Ra St. Brown, Jaylen Waddle, DK Metcalf, Deebo Samuel, Mike Evans, Deandre Hopkins, Amari Cooper, Garrett Wilson, and Devonta Smith. So, congrats on landing the 18th best receiver in the league. It seems your standard for a 'stud' WR is much lower than everyone else's....

In all fairness, 18th out of 250 or so NFL WRs isn't bad.

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

In all fairness, 18th out of 250 or so NFL WRs isn't bad.

hes a #1 WR.   no doubt about that.

but I think what he took offense to was when he called him a stud WR.

To me, a Stud WR is top 3 at his position (top 5 at the very worst)

While DJ Moore is a good player, he is not a stud.    to that end I agree with jrokh.  

4 hours ago, Ray_T said:

To me, a Stud WR is top 3 at his position (top 5 at the very worst)

You're defining "stud" in fantasy terms, while the context of the claim (namely, that the Bears got a stud WR in the deal) was in NFL terms, where frankly, every other name on the list @jrokh produced is a stud WR by NFL standards--and fully half of the 32 NFL teams don't have even 1 of those 18 stud WRs.

For that matter, it's not much of a stretch to call any top 10 WR a "stud" in fantasy terms, either--Stefon Diggs is #6 on that list; he's not a "stud" fantasy WR to you?--so it's an awfully mid-Marchy thing to be arguing about.

I've never been any particular DJ Moore fan--I was betting on Robbie Anderson in Carolina a couple of years ago, remember?--but he's all the stud WR a QB like Fields can handle, and then some.  This was at best a lateral move for him and his fantasy production--even though he is also instantly the unquestioned alpha WR target on the team.  With a QB like Fields, I wouldn't be surprised if even a stud NFL WR like Moore drops out of the top 20 fantasy WRs.

Moore has had seven different starting quarterbacks — Cam Newton, Kyle Allen, Taylor Heinicke, Will Grier, Teddy Bridgewater, PJ Walker and Sam Darnold.

4 in one year even. He had 1200 yards from scrimmage 3 years in a row at one point before everything really went haywire at QB. He's a stud receiver. 

Yeah, and you all think Fields sucks. Old news you all keep repeating over and over. I'll take him any day over Daniel Jones and his $40M salary.

And if Fields sucks this year, there are good QBs coming out next year and the Bears will have trade assets to deal if they need to. With a young team in rebuild mode and cash on hand. If Fields takes another step forward, screw you all. :thumbsup:

Go Bears! Nice couple pickups at OG and DL from Tennessee yesterday as well. :thumbsup:

Yea Moore is a good wr, but not a stud wr.   

6 hours ago, AxeElf said:

You're defining "stud" in fantasy terms, while the context of the claim (namely, that the Bears got a stud WR in the deal) was in NFL terms, where frankly, every other name on the list @jrokh produced is a stud WR by NFL standards--and fully half of the 32 NFL teams don't have even 1 of those 18 stud WRs.

well, my definition of stud maybe differs from most. 

When I think of a stud WR I think of an elite #1.   which is like top 3 to top 5.   if you wanna argue someone who is ranked #6 is a stud I wont argue.    but not every #1 WR is a stud.

When I think of a stud WR I think of a guy who teams cannot really contain with coverage.      of all the #1 WR's on every team there are only a couple who truly fit into that category for me.  but my definition of stud could be different from yours.

some people likely consider any #1 WR who is top 10 to be a stud and thats fine.   maybe we are splitting hairs here.   I dont care about the issue enough to argue about it.  you know where I stand with respect to that.   thats all that counts.

He had 1200 yards from scrimmage 3 years in a row at one point before everything really went haywire at QB. He's a stud receiver. 

The 18th best WR is not a stud. He is good, a fine player, and a big upgrade on what the Bears had. But Stud? Nah. not even close.... Oh yeah, Fields sucks...

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

The 18th best WR is not a stud. He is good, a fine player, and a big upgrade on what the Bears had. But Stud? Nah. not even close.... Oh yeah, Fields sucks...

agreed. 

granted hes probably not the 18th best WR in the NFL.   He has had poor QB play.  he could potentially be top 12 if he had a good QB.    problem is.... Chicaco does not have what I consider to be a good QB.

either way I'm guessing we are about to find out.   

2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

I dont care about the issue enough to argue about it.

And yet, here we are.