Hardcore troubadour

Trump INDICTED

3 hours ago, Blue Horseshoe said:

There are legal cases where a female caretaker raped a male patient. Then she got pregnant. Then sued the male in question for child support. 

Raping that patient is one legal issue. 

Paying or not paying child support for a biological child of yours is another legal issue. 

The caretaker might end up in prison, but the male patient might still have to pay child support anyway. 

Hillary Clinton's email server scandal has no legal bearing on this current situation with Trump. There is an overall question of "justice" because of the clear double standard in place against Conservatives and Republicans. But it's not a function of justice here, it's going to come down to the actual law. 

Should Hillary Clinton be in prison now? Yes. If she was a Republican and did the crap she pulled, she'd likely be in pokey right now. But she's not. Nothing anyone can do will change that right now. 

The DOJ currently has Trump on tape. And that makes this close to indefensible for Trump. And you are right, the radical leftists here don't care. They don't see that if Conservatives and Republicans are wiped out, then it's going to be their children next on the general chopping block for wokeness. 

Legally, none of the other situations with the Clintons, Obama and Biden regarding the PRA are going to factor in here. Not legally. In the Court Of Public Opinion, the answer is "Yes', but that doesn't save Trump in a real court room. 

Trump is cornered here. This is a very bad situation for him. There are very few small openings for him to squeeze his way out of this one. If I saw a very clear pathway out, I'd address it. But it just doesn't exist right now. 

I don't see this as energizing Trump's "base" for 2024. The current MSM cites polling to show Trump as the front runner. OK, and that's polling. Since when has polling shown the true landscape of American modern politics in the last 3-4 cycles?  Lots of people are sick of Trump. Many Republicans will vote for him if they have no choice, over any Democrat. But I'd wager a large share want him out of politics period. MAGA hardliners do not represent the whole Republican Party. Radical leftist, including one here, like to shout that out, but they are typically low information voters and low value contributors. They are just as ignorant as Trump and Biden are most of the time. 

Of course there is a path out. In the Clinton sock drawer audio tape where Bill Clinton is recorded discussing classified information with historian Taylor Branch, Amy Berman Jackson, the judge presiding on that case, said this -  “That the president had an absolute, unreviewable right to take any records or documents that he wants when he leaves office. “ 

In her ruling, Jackson wrote - “the President enjoys unconstrained authority to make decisions regarding the disposal of documents: ‘[a]lthough the President must notify the Archivist before disposing of records . . . neither the Archivist nor Congress has the authority to veto the President’s disposal decision.’” 

Hillary was careless and made a mistake.  Trump committed espionage.  Alrighty then! 

1 hour ago, Dizkneelande said:

Of course there is a path out. In the Clinton sock drawer audio tape where Bill Clinton is recorded discussing classified information with historian Taylor Branch

H.R.1233 - Presidential and Federal Records Act Amendments of 2014
113th Congress (2013-2014)
Sponsor:    Rep. Cummings, Elijah E. [D-MD-7] (Introduced 03/18/2013)
Committees:    House - Oversight and Government Reform | Senate - Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
Committee Reports:    S. Rept. 113-218; H. Rept. 113-127
Latest Action:    11/26/2014 Became Public Law No: 113-187.  

https://www.congress.gov/bill/113th-congress/house-bill/1233/text

(b)(1) For purposes of this section, the decision to assert any 
claim of constitutionally based privilege against disclosure of a 
Presidential record (or reasonably segregable part of a record) must be 
made personally by a former President or the incumbent President, as 
applicable.
    (2) A former President or the incumbent President shall notify the 
Archivist, the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform of the House 
of Representatives, and the Committee on Homeland Security and 
Governmental Affairs of the Senate of a privilege claim under paragraph 
(1) on the same day that the claim is asserted under such paragraph.
    (c)(1) <<NOTE: Consultation.>> If a claim of constitutionally 
based privilege against disclosure of a Presidential record (or 
reasonably segregable part of a record) is asserted under subsection (b) 
by a former President, the Archivist shall consult with the incumbent 
President, as soon as practicable during the period specified in 
paragraph (2)(A), to determine whether the incumbent President will 
uphold the claim asserted by the former President.

Judicial Watch, Inc. v. Nat'l Archives & Records Admin.
Civil Action No. 10–1834 (ABJ)
2012-03-1

JUDICIAL WATCH, INC., Plaintiff, v. NATIONAL ARCHIVES AND RECORDS ADMINISTRATION, Defendant.

Michael Bekesha, Paul J. Orfanedes, Judicial Watch, Inc., Washington, DC, for Plaintiff. Daniel Schwei, Elizabeth J. Shapiro, U.S. Department of Justice, Washington, DC, for Defendant.

AMY BERMAN JACKSON

https://casetext.com/case/judicial-watch-inc-v-natl-archives-records-admin

Could HR1233 go under review by SCOTUS in current times? Yes. 

In terms of political strategy, would the DNC, Team Blue HQ and the Obama/Biden regime want that? Sure. Nothing was done by Merrick Garland when "protests" were done in front of the homes of active SCOTUS Justices. In violation of both federal and respective state laws. Garland, in no uncertain terms, has an axe to grind over what happened to him with Mitch McConnell and how Gorsuch ended up on the Court. 

The only ways to change over SCOTUS is to 

1) Have a SCOTUS Justice pass away naturally or be assassinated

2) Have a SCOTUS Justice "voluntarily" resign

This is why such extreme public pressure was put in Ginny Thomas, to create a threat level and stress level to try to get Clarence Thomas to resign while a Democrat held POTUS. Or, in "theory", to egg on a fringe left wing extremist to attempt to assassinate one of the "Conservative Catholics" on the current Court, in which they hold a current informal majority. 

Merrick Garland literally did nothing for current SCOTUS and is in dereliction in his duties. And Garland has served on a bench as well, so he is well familiar with the potential threat risk to any active SCOTUS Justice. When Scalia died, McConnell made Garland sit there and eat sh!t in public for close to 300 days like some common beggar. Do I agree with what happened with Garland there? No, actually I don't. Nor do I agree with what Garland is doing now as current AG. 

So, no, there is no current pathway through the Berman ruling, unless HR1233 is challenged and ends up in SCOTUS.  The DNC would silently want this because it increases the potential for Conservative SCOTUS Justice to be assassinated while Biden still holds POTUS. 

I don't see SCOTUS ruling in favor of Trump in any of his potential claims as well. 

Put it this way - Do you see timschochet gloating? Because he would love nothing more but to dance on the grave of Trump's career. He's a hard line bad faith actor and clear tribal partisan. But he knows, like I know, that Biden can't beat DeSantis in a general election. But he can beat Trump in one. Once DeSantis takes the White House, the game is over for identity politics. DeSantis won't care if he doesn't get a second term. He will go scorched Earth against "radical leftism" for four years straight. Will he engage the FBI to do it? No, he will likely purge the existing FBI to it's core first. DeSantis will however unleash the US Marshals SOG units. They are close to Tier 1 level operators and they just watched the sitting AG in Garland attempt to normalize the existing lethal threat profile against SCOTUS, under their personal ward. 

DeSantis will sign more Executive Orders than even Biden, who has at a historic rate. And like the Vaccine Mandates, before the issue gets handled by the Courts, the shock troops will already be on the ground. Antifa wants to show up with baseball bats? Fine, here are some APCs. An entire fleet of them. DeSantis literally does not give a sh!t about reelection. 

Trump is cornered and this is a very bad legal situation for him. I won't call it a slam dunk because this becomes very political on both ends. Mitch McConnell will do everything in his power to see Trump convicted. Neera Tanden will do everything in her power to see Trump is not convicted, because Biden beating Trump in 2024 keeps her in power, but it's close too late for that. Using the Espionage Act is a huge legal stretch here. Also to have the sitting POTUS run the DOJ like this against his likely major contender opposition just a year from now is indefensible. 

Nothing can save Trump here unless Meadows and the valet Walt Nauta hold firm, and they have zero reason to do so anymore. They would have be reliant on Trump winning POTUS again, in hopes of a future pardon, which is close to impossible now. You can't win elections without money, and major donors have already left Trump for DeSantis and Haley, this will cause more of them to cut bait and leave. That same big money to offer Meadows and Nauta a backdoor payout also disappears with it. Nauta might flip just to prevent from being killed. His life is literally in danger right now and will be until this is legally settled. 

The Clinton sock case won't save Trump here. If it could, it would have been blasted out in the national daily media cycle for the last half year non stop. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Hillary was careless and made a mistake.  Trump committed espionage.  Alrighty then! 

Hillary Clinton should be in prison. For multiple crimes. At multiple critical junctures. But the current legal system favored her and her political influence. As well as the political influence of the DNC and the Obama/Biden regime, which had an incentive to protect her to protect the corporate donor overlord class. 

Trump being held to the fire under the Espionage Act is way beyond the bounds of the actual intent for it. But it is the current law on the books. It is a massive legal stretch to use it like this, but Team Blue doesn't care about norms, process and standards anymore. They just want blood. You'll notice the radical leftists here won't mention nor acknowledge that the DOJ, FBI and CIA all conspired illegally against Trump. It all came out in the Durham Report. Even Robbie Mook, who worked for Hillary Clinton, is on record admitting to it. 

It's not fair, the double standard, but this is currently not about fair or not fair. This is about the law on the books. 

The 2nd impeachment of Trump was always going to fail legally because it could not overcome the Brandenburg Test. Which is seen by many as bad law. Even I see Brandenburg, in principle, as generally bad law. But it was and is the current law on the books. 

Ruth Bader Ginsberg has criticized Roe Vs Wade her entire legal career, even up until her own passing. She openly acknowledges that while she was an advocate for women's rights in general, that Roe was very bad case law. There was a political incentive to flip Roe over by Conservatives and Republicans, but that could not happen legally unless Roe was already on shaky legal ground. It's easy to criticize the SCOTUS then, but the country and situation were far different. The way technology, medical care and birth control work today is simply vastly different than back then. But for 50 years, even if Roe was bad law, it was then the law on the books. Right or wrong. Fair or not. 

Even if the Espionage Act should be challenged legally, it likely won't happen until this entire Trump situation is resolved, one way or the other. 

"Whataboutism" is useful sometimes. 

For example, when radical leftists try to deflect and prattle on and on in cheap gutless defense of Hunter Biden and his laptop and Burisma, the best way to address that is to ask them would they feel the same way if it was Donald Trump Jr doing the exact same thing. Because let's get real, if Donald Trump Jr had a laptop where he shown taking drugs, getting millions from foreign power players for influence and using hookers who looked like they are 14-15 years old, the radical leftists here would be climbing the walls over it. 

Whataboutism can be useful sometimes to highlight a basic principle. As the above shows. It highlights where hard line tribalists will go and to what lengths to deny basic common sense and basic fundamental legal principles. 

But Whatboutism never operates as an effective defense. It's why when the radical leftists here use it, they sound like petty childish gutless losers. 

Figuratively speaking, for Trump, EVERY hill was a hill he had to die on. And legally speaking, he will likely perish on this sad little hill of some boxes of paper. 

Conservatives here should IMHO take the implied "win" This helps DeSantis and DeSantis can beat Biden in 2024 and that's a good thing for both Republicans and for America. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, HellToupee said:

Yeah, so less than 25% of the American public?   And almost all of you are fat and old?   Sorry, but you are not a concern.

Just a reminder deplorable cultist, ya boy not only got curbstomped by sleepy joe, he's about to be convicted by the Feds for crimes against the US.

Love this for you idiots. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Pence had docs too, he handed them over and said he had no business having them.

Trump did this to himself

Why not have a policy where documents rarely leave secured rooms? The Presidents could have a room right next to their office where documents were provided at request. 24/7 security cam monitoring with live backup, and personnel to handle Presidential request outside that norm, would be accommodated, documented and viewed by a live person with the highest security clearance present in the room and in no way associated with the incumbent. Honest people forget and make dumb ass mistakes. We can't afford such unintentional mistakes,  or leave the door open for another Trump style traitor. Shall we get a clue?

Go Trump!! No one has gotten into the heads of dumb ass violent liberals like he has. :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

Why not have a policy where documents rarely leave secured rooms? The Presidents could have a room right next to their office where documents were provided at request. 24/7 security cam monitoring with live backup, and personnel to handle Presidential request outside that norm, would be accommodated, documented and viewed by a live person with the highest security clearance present in the room and in no way associated with the incumbent. Honest people forget and make dumb ass mistakes. We can't afford such unintentional mistakes,  or leave the door open for another Trump style traitor. Shall we get a clue?

Many of our laws governing our top officials are based on the idea that our leaders would be ethical people, putting the interests of the country first. The Presidential Records act only came about because Nixon was a crook. If/when the GOP recovers from Trump fever, I hope both sides will come together and put more controls in place. Otherwise, a future leader who chooses corruption already has a roadmap and could do far worse than Trump did.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dogcows said:

Many of our laws governing our top officials are based on the idea that our leaders would be ethical people, putting the interests of the country first. The Presidential Records act only came about because Nixon was a crook. If/when the GOP recovers from Trump fever, I hope both sides will come together and put more controls in place. Otherwise, a future leader who chooses corruption already has a roadmap and could do far worse than Trump did.

2 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Go Trump!! No one has gotten into the heads of dumb ass violent liberals like he has. :thumbsup:

Liberals are so stupid.

Trump really thinks his followers are idiots. I mean, in some cases he is right, but still…

• Thanks 1

Just now, seafoam1 said:

Liberals are so stupid.

Hey, you weren't hanging around outside Disney a couple of days ago were you...

LMFAO at nazi-loving cultist.

SAD

• Thanks 1

Just now, dogcows said:

Trump really thinks his followers are idiots. I mean, in some cases he is right, but still…

This guy keeps proving how stupid liberals are. 😆

1 minute ago, Wade Garrett said:

Hey, you weren't hanging around outside Disney a couple of days ago were you...

LMFAO at nazi-loving cultist.

SAD

wadegeneralpimpledoosh... :dunno:

Just now, dogcows said:

He loathes his cult almost as much as I do.  He'd chuck them all off a cliff if it meant being accepted by the Hollywood and NYC elite.  Really though, who wants to be associated with the nazi cultist hanging around "protesting" disney with their nazi flags?  Well most cultist here do, but I mean among educated, reasonable, non-racist POS people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I love it how biden looks and points to what he tripped over AFTER he tripped over it instead of looking where he was going in the first place.

"Look at me, I run up ramps...."   😆

4 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

You can post that 800 times (feels like you have) and he’s still going to be re-elected. 

That would just be a testament your idiocy.

Be proud all you want I guess.

7 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

You can post that 800 times (feels like you have) and he’s still going to be re-elected. 

And this is funny too.

I love it how biden looks and points to what he tripped over AFTER he tripped over it instead of looking where he was going in the first place.

"Look at me, I run up ramps...."   😆

27 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

😆

This is your answer after Trump uses your chin as his personal ball rest 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

This is your answer after Trump uses your chin as his personal ball rest 😂😂

Well, I don't answer your dumb ass questions, I just show you what you voted in out of complete ignorance.

"Look at me and look at him. I don't tip toe down ramps, I run up ramps..." 

Liberals are so focking stupid...:doh:

2017-2019 were three of the best years in our nations history. Peace and prosperity were the order of the day. And yet the liberals were still crying. 

From everything I’m reading, Trump’s lawyers will try to delay this and delay this and, given that the judge loves Trump, they will likely succeed. This case will NOT begin before the election. Which means Trump’s fate will be decided by the American people at the ballot box. 

ETA hope I’m wrong about this. I’d love a trial in 6 months. The prosecution is ready. But it seems unlikely. 

14 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Well, I don't answer your dumb ass questions, I just show you what you voted in out of complete ignorance.

"Look at me and look at him. I don't tip toe down ramps, I run up ramps..." 

Liberals are so focking stupid...:doh:

You don’t answer any questions, dope. You never offer anything TBH. It’s sort of astonishing, you just post the same things over and over again.

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

From everything I’m reading, Trump’s lawyers will try to delay this and delay this and, given that the judge loves Trump, they will likely succeed. This case will NOT begin before the election. Which means Trump’s fate will be decided by the American people at the ballot box. 

The horror. 

2 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

You don’t answer any questions, dope. You never offer anything TBH. It’s sort of astonishing, you just post the same things over and over again.

😆

"Look at him and look at me. He tip toes down ramps. I run up ramps...."

2 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

😆

"Look at him and look at me. He tip toes down ramps. I run up ramps...."

Example A! You forgot the liberals are so stupid line. What an idiot you are 😂

2 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Example A! You forgot the liberals are so stupid line. What an idiot you are 😂

😆

1 minute ago, gas said:

LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP!

So delicious...

Smooth move joey. You stupid liberals.

1 minute ago, seafoam1 said:

😆

I’m sorry your orange messiah was indicted (again). You’d be smart to cut bait but you just can’t quit him 😀

4 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

I’m sorry your orange messiah was indicted (again). You’d be smart to cut bait but you just can’t quit him 😀

😆

20 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The horror. 

Only for Republicans. First the shame of nominating him for a third time. Although the first couple of times might have been excusable (though never to me) you’ll have the embarrassment of selecting him a third time as a stain that you will never get rid of. A permanent, ever lasting blot on the GOP. 

Next the horror of the election, as Trump not only gets crushed but takes down the entire red contingent with him. It will be a blue tsunami. 

9 hours ago, gas said:

Yeah, so less than 25% of the American public?   And almost all of you are fat and old?   Sorry, but you are not a concern.

Sure sport , sure