Hardcore troubadour

Trump INDICTED

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1777667852239098211

Prospective jurors for Trump's criminal hush-money trial will be asked 42 questions about their lives and habits, including:

• Whether they're a member of an extremist movement such as QAnon or the Proud Boys.

• Whether they have any feelings or opinions about how Trump is being treated in the case.

• Whether they've read any of either Mark Pomerantz's or Michael Cohen's books about the alleged crimes and/or the investigation that led to the hush money case. https://nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/judge-releases-jury-questionnaire-trumps-hush-money-trial-rcna146937

Michael Cohen, star witness. Avenatti not available?

Does Trump have to testify he didn’t bang Stormy in this? That will be hilarious.

1 hour ago, thegeneral said:

Does Trump have to testify he didn’t bang Stormy in this? That will be hilarious.

Stormy is a troubled woman with addiction issues and we shouldn’t put much stock in what she has to say. Like with Ashley Biden 

On 4/7/2024 at 4:43 PM, Ron_Artest said:

Republicans tried this during impeachment, it failed, time to move on.

I have never heard that claim he has made before this thread, nor can I find any evidence of it.  It's a shame HT won't back it up.  

So the hush money trial begins next Monday apparently. Conservatives are arguing that (1) it’s a nothing case (2) it’s politically motivated (3) the public isn’t paying attention. 

Nobody knows how this is gonna go because it’s that rare event in this country that has never happened before. No President has ever been on trial for a felony before. You can guess how this is all going to play out, you can try and dismiss the public amount of attention and reaction, but in truth we just don’t know a damn thing. 

I will make one prediction: IF Trump is found guilty by a jury and becomes a convicted felon, there will be a significant change in the way he is perceived by this country. Whether or not it changes the election I can’t say. But the change will be there. 

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

So the hush money trial begins next Monday apparently. Conservatives are arguing that (1) it’s a nothing case (2) it’s politically motivated (3) the public isn’t paying attention. 

Nobody knows how this is gonna go because it’s that rare event in this country that has never happened before. No President has ever been on trial for a felony before. You can guess how this is all going to play out, you can try and dismiss the public amount of attention and reaction, but in truth we just don’t know a damn thing. 

I will make one prediction: IF Trump is found guilty by a jury and becomes a convicted felon, there will be a significant change in the way he is perceived by this country. Whether or not it changes the election I can’t say. But the change will be there. 

You think people think he won’t be found guilty? Most people do now. And they don’t care because it’s bullshitt and they know it. 

It could potentially influence the centrist voters, hence the move to prosecute him.   Later it will be overturned, but the important thing for these folks is to ding him now to influence the election.

Those on the left who hate him will only ever hate him, regardless of what he does or does not go.  And many on the right will like him regardless of what he does or does not do.

This is purely political gamesmanship.

4 minutes ago, RLLD said:

It could potentially influence the centrist voters, hence the move to prosecute him.   Later it will be overturned, but the important thing for these folks is to ding him now to influence the election.

Those on the left who hate him will only ever hate him, regardless of what he does or does not go.  And many on the right will like him regardless of what he does or does not do.

This is purely political gamesmanship.

Why would it be overturned? 

The basic charge here is that Trump paid off Stormy Daniels in order to help win the 2016 election. That’s illegal. It’s a felony. The evidence is there to back up the charge. What would be the justification for overturning it? 

The problem with arguing that this is total BS or that it’s purely political is this: he really did commit a crime here. It’s something that SHOULD be a crime. It’s something that if anyone else committed it would also be a crime. It’s a crime that should always be prosecuted. Given these facts it’s hard to be dismissive. 

2 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Why would it be overturned? 

The basic charge here is that Trump paid off Stormy Daniels in order to help win the 2016 election. That’s illegal. It’s a felony. The evidence is there to back up the charge. What would be the justification for overturning it? 

Oh, right now its being pursued by those who are politically motivated in courts where it is designed to favor the prosecution most heavily, and as with prior cases on appeal it will be overturned because most of these politically-driven actions are laced with problems.  They are overreaching out of desperation.

So later.....its just overturned...

As a strategy you have to appreciate it.  Lie and be corrupt today, and later when its exposed you have media cover....and you can just say "oops", but by then you have stolen power....so it does not matter that you get caught.    It works....:dunno:

48 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Oh, right now its being pursued by those who are politically motivated in courts where it is designed to favor the prosecution most heavily, and as with prior cases on appeal it will be overturned because most of these politically-driven actions are laced with problems.  They are overreaching out of desperation.

So later.....its just overturned...

As a strategy you have to appreciate it.  Lie and be corrupt today, and later when its exposed you have media cover....and you can just say "oops", but by then you have stolen power....so it does not matter that you get caught.    It works....:dunno:

You’re just making general comments. Why specifically should this case be overturned? How specifically is it flawed? 

56 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

The problem with arguing that this is total BS or that it’s purely political is this: he really did commit a crime here. It’s something that SHOULD be a crime. It’s something that if anyone else committed it would also be a crime. It’s a crime that should always be prosecuted. Given these facts it’s hard to be dismissive. 

Do you think a lot of elected officials commit crimes ? 

9 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

You’re just making general comments. Why specifically should this case be overturned? How specifically is it flawed? 

It's just as plausible that he paid her off so his wife wouldn't find out.  And in our legal system the burden of proof lies with the prosecution.

22 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I am basing partly on what I have observed.

1) Open Lawfare with the defined intent to take him out as the goal....
2) Over charging, just using anything they can find and hoping something sticks
3) Stating this is the strategy, to prosecute and manipulate voters with it....even if none of it sticks....just the presence of it
4) The things that have already been "adjusted"

I mean, you can hate him....and I get it.....but what is being done here is wrong on multiple levels....we should not be ok with this.

13 minutes ago, Strike said:

It's just as plausible that he paid her off so his wife wouldn't find out.  And in our legal system the burden of proof lies with the prosecution.

The problem with this theory is that she was paid off a few days after the Access Hollywood tape came out. And the prosecution appears to have proof and testimony that this was the reason they did it- for the campaign. So if that’s Trump’s defense it will likely fail. 
But as of this point it’s not Trump’s defense- he is denying the affair altogether. Why did Cohen pay her off? Who knows, nothing to do with Trump. Good luck with that. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I am basing partly on what I have observed.

1) Open Lawfare with the defined intent to take him out as the goal....
2) Over charging, just using anything they can find and hoping something sticks
3) Stating this is the strategy, to prosecute and manipulate voters with it....even if none of it sticks....just the presence of it
4) The things that have already been "adjusted"

I mean, you can hate him....and I get it.....but what is being done here is wrong on multiple levels....we should not be ok with this.

Again this is extremely general. You make no specific claims whatsoever. And when you look at the specific charges your theory falls apart. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Again this is extremely general. You make no specific claims whatsoever. And when you look at the specific charges your theory falls apart. 

I do not require specificity for any of this.  

These are the elements I observe.  When observing what is transpiring, one must use their critical thinking, not simply some metric or lack of "proof", such games leave you making mistakes....so I wont do that... 

• Thanks 1

Limpwrist just says stuff.  He has zero clue how this plays out. He probably thought OJ would be found guilty. 

15 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I do not require specificity for any of this.  

Very telling. And quite depressing. 
Hopefully most people won’t share your refusal to look at any facts or details. 

12 minutes ago, Jose M said:

Limpwrist just says stuff.  He has zero clue how this plays out. He probably thought OJ would be found guilty. 

OJ was found not guilty due to jury nullification. I’m sure there are some who would acquit Trump for the same reasons but hopefully they won’t be on the jury. 

Certainly.....like when they elected to legalize drug in Portland, and I said that would increase drug usage....crime....and deaths...

I could not point to "specifics"......provide a link........ or give pointed examples.... I used simple.....common....sense....

The world is not overly complex, and we do not always need to cite specifics for our positions....some things we should know and understand.

4 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Unfortunately they do.  I hear this all the time, baseless claims of witch hunt and the like.  They just repeat what they're told without thinking.

3 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

How many murders happen daily that we don't hear about? What a bunch of rubbish, but to be expected from our resident X spammer, the Rainbow Warrior here.

7 minutes ago, Fnord said:

How many murders happen daily that we don't hear about? What a bunch of rubbish, but to be expected from our resident X spammer, the Rainbow Warrior here.

1 hour ago, Fnord said:

We have to wait for correct set of circumstances for negative outcomes to matter.   Unless it feeds a liberal lie.....we are not likely to ever know....

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

We have to wait for correct set of circumstances for negative outcomes to matter.   Unless it feeds a liberal lie.....we are not likely to ever know....

I respect your opinions and the fact that you make a passing attempt at critical thought, but this is just bloviating BS. Taking a single instance and making it symbolic of an entire ideology is what those bereft of independent thought do. Rainbow Maxiepad Twitter Overkill is a perfect example of this phenomenon, and there is no shortage of that tendency here. At one point I thought you were better than this, but I may have been wrong.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Fnord said:

I respect your opinions and the fact that you make a passing attempt at critical thought, but this is just bloviating BS. Taking a single instance and making it symbolic of an entire ideology is what those bereft of independent thought do. Rainbow Maxiepad Twitter Overkill is a perfect example of this phenomenon, and there is no shortage of that tendency here. At one point I thought you were better than this, but I may have been wrong.

If it were true.....and media and Democrats never picked up and ran with lies such as that of Smollett.....Sandmann.....Trayvon Martin.....George Floyd.....

In these instances we see the Democrats and media coming together to lie.....misinform.....stoke fear and violence.....over....and over....  and now again with Dexter Reed

For Reed....I wonder why they only shot him 96 times, hell....I would have stomped his focking head too.....

So....yeah, we know very well how liberals operate, we can guess pretty accurately how you all will play your game.  If you dont like it, stop being so predicable...learn some new tricks.

On 4/5/2024 at 3:53 PM, BeachGuy23 said:

Supply chains were destroyed under his presidency.  He's way way more responsible or that than Biden is for inflation that was coming no matter what he did.

I will agree that Biden made it worse with his $1.9T covid bill.  But we were looking at 6%+ inflation no matter what he did.

The miracle is that inflation truly was transitory, particularly when compared to the late 70's.  You remember those years don't you boyo?

Transitory.  Please stfu now Beachball. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Transitory.  Please stfu now Beachball. 

You're right it was transitory.

Getting inflation close to normal levels in a year and a half is a miracle.  Compare those years to the late 70s/early 80s if you want to see what persistent inflation looks like boyo.

There's a reason you were a cop, critical thinking ain't exactly a strong suit of yours.

Sit this one out Barney. 

1 minute ago, BeachGuy23 said:

You're right it was transitory.

Getting inflation close to normal levels in a year and a half is a miracle.  Compare those years to the late 70s/early 80s if you want to see what persistent inflation looks like boyo.

There's a reason you were a cop, critical thinking ain't exactly a strong suit of yours.

Sit this one out Barney. 

You’re like someone that thinks Saddam really had WMD’s.  You look so Fockin stupid at this point. It’s funny. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

You’re like someone that thinks Saddam really had WMD’s.  You look so Fockin stupid at this point. It’s funny. 

I'm trying to help you Barney.

How would you compare inflation from '21 to now to the late 70's/early 80's?  Why you'd call it transitory boyo.

Stick to reading parking meters.

17 hours ago, RLLD said:

If it were true.....and media and Democrats never picked up and ran with lies such as that of Smollett.....Sandmann.....Trayvon Martin.....George Floyd.....

In these instances we see the Democrats and media coming together to lie.....misinform.....stoke fear and violence.....over....and over....  and now again with Dexter Reed

For Reed....I wonder why they only shot him 96 times, hell....I would have stomped his focking head too.....

So....yeah, we know very well how liberals operate, we can guess pretty accurately how you all will play your game.  If you dont like it, stop being so predicable...learn some new tricks.

So you're holding yourself to the same standard as the media outlets you abhor. Interesting "logic." I thought your MO was to rise above the noise, not gulp it down then wallow in it. Seems kinda disingenuous. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Fnord said:

So you're holding yourself to the same standard as the media outlets you abhor. Interesting "logic." I thought your MO was to rise above the noise, not gulp it down then wallow in it. Seems kinda disingenuous. 

non sequitor

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

non sequitor

BS. You justified your own broad-brush painting of a huge group of people by saying the equivalent of "I'll stop when the evil democratic controlled media does."