Sign in to follow this  
thegeneral

Hunter Biden Whistle Blower Gal Luft

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Right, so they got them back. Espionage! 

The espionage part is willfully keeping them. It seems you don’t get that.

4 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

The espionage part is willfully keeping them. It seems you don’t get that.

Oh I get it. And it’s ridiculous. The espionage act was written for, you know, espionage. You’re the one that doesn’t get it.  

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Oh I get it. And it’s ridiculous. The espionage act was written for, you know, espionage. You’re the one that doesn’t get it.  

I don’t think you do. It’s written that way to not necessarily try to figure out the motivations of the criminal. 

Don’t willfully retain documents and obstruct investigators and there isn’t an issue. 

Capeesh?

16 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

I don’t think you do. It’s written that way to not necessarily try to figure out the motivations of the criminal. 

Don’t willfully retain documents and obstruct investigators and there isn’t an issue. 

Capeesh?

Presidential Records Act. You just don’t get it. Don’t have enough life experience with the law.  

35 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

What ever the penalty is for Biden or Pence or whoever in having docs kept in your house by accident or being dumb or what have you, I agree let them make that case and give them their penalties. Pence has already been cleared. 

Thank you for saying Trump deserves the treatment he is getting, and that he is not a victim. This is his doing. He’s pretty clearly guilty of obstructing.

You absolutely get more trouble if you don’t cooperated and actively work to obstruct. That’s the whole point. The audacity this ball bag has to say he’s a victim, while not surprising, is why he is so reviled.

I disagree, and perhaps we simply have to agree to disagree.

45 minutes ago, Strike said:

One major difference is Trump was President.  Biden wasn't when he committed the crime.  Some of the stuff he had in his garage was from the 70s when he was a Senator and only allowed to view in a SCIF.  And he wasn't treated the same as Trump.  No one raided the THREE separate locations where he was storing this stuff.  No one has raided UPENN where he still has hundreds of boxes of stuff from his time in office.  You guys make up any excuse you want but pretendeding these cases have been treated the same just shows your partisanship.

One major difference is Trump was President.

Trump WAS not president when NARA contacted him about the missing classified documents, and then kept them after being directed to return them multiple times, defying subpoenas, and sending false affidavits and hiding the documents.  

That's about as big as an excuse/pretending as there is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I disagree, and perhaps we simply have to agree to disagree.

If I get what you are saying it is that it should be a serous crime to have any documents. Fair enough.

That is different than saying what Trump is being charged for is not fair, or a witch hunt because Biden did the same things. They did not. 

12 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

One major difference is Trump was President.

Trump WAS not president when NARA contacted him about the missing classified documents, and then kept them after being directed to return them multiple times, defying subpoenas, and sending false affidavits and hiding the documents.  

That's about as big as an excuse/pretending as there is.

As RLLD says, prosecute them both.  But quit using the excuse that Biden should get away with it because he "cooperated."

3 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

If I get what you are saying it is that it should be a serous crime to have any documents. Fair enough.

That is different than saying what Trump is being charged for is not fair, or a witch hunt because Biden did the same things. They did not. 

Agree. I like the way Trump has been treated, start to finish.   EVERY politician should face the same scruitiny.   To me, that is how at least the media should be behaving.

When we lost media to bias, I feel like we lost any sense of protection.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Agree. I like the way Trump has been treated, start to finish.   EVERY politician should face the same scruitiny.   To me, that is how at least the media should be behaving.

When we lost media to bias, I feel like we lost any sense of protection.

Fair enough. I would disagree that he has received unfair treatment from the media on this issue as well. If anything he hasn’t gotten enough grief. His responses to this and his arguments are comically bad.

I appreciate the back and forth in any case as always and enjoy reading your posts.

1 hour ago, thegeneral said:

Agreed, Biden and Clinton did way worse.... Thats the problem. 

I don't want to see this FARA charged as a crime when it's selectively being enforced.  Christina Pushaw, for example, was merely informed that she'd broken the law and allowed to register as a foreign agent retroactively.

1 hour ago, Ultra Max Power said:

Agreed, Biden and Clinton did way worse.... Thats the problem. 

I don’t agree with that. Clinton’s was definitely stupid. She went through the whole process. 

Trump gets to make his case and it’s really bad. We’ll see what story he eventually settles on, so far they are all really bad ones. 

1 minute ago, thegeneral said:

I don’t agree with that. Clinton’s was definitely stupid. She went through the whole process. 

Trump gets to make his case and it’s really bad. We’ll see what story he eventually settles on, so far they are all really bad ones. 

Clinton ran a secret server with classified information that wasn't secured.  Then destroyed all the evidence when confronted about it.  Then after an investigation the FBI director said they didn't prosecute because they couldn't establish beyond a reasonable doubt that Clinton tried to break the law.  :blink:

Trump has a good case that he is allowed to have those documents.  He claims he does, so it already doesn't pass the FBI's standard to bring charges.... but guess what... charges were brought.  

5 hours ago, Ultra Max Power said:

You're assuming they knew Luft was lying at the time. If they had all the evidence they charged him with in 2019, they don't need a lie as a cherry on top.  Heck they could have detained him at that time instead of waiting 3 more years if they were so sure. 

I think the Bidens are known liars, I think their associates are known liars, I think the Bidens are brash enough to take money from China considering how untouchable they are. I think the FBI/DOJ is politically compromised and you could see it for face value during Wray's testimony yesterday.  

Hunter is no mastermind for sure.  Masterminds are more cunning.  Hunter was a drug addict with little qualifications that made millions internationally in Russia, China, and Ukraine and its obvious to anyone with a brain that his "service" was access to his father.  

Right wingers just want to call a spade a spade. 

If right-wingers believe anything Gal Luft says, they’re gullible idiots. Not that it matters, since he seems smart enough to avoid extradition indefinitely. And he’s apparently got lots of friends in China and Iran to help him.

How patriotic are right-wingers if they rally behind a crooked foreign agent who sold arms for China and oil for Iran?

You are definitely convinced that the Biden are bad, and clearly no evidence is necessary for you to make ridiculous assumptions about them.

Finally, it’s just plain laughable whenever anybody yaps about the FBI or DOJ being politically compromised. Perhaps you should watch this video (the bottom one with Ted Lieu, I can’t seem to split them) in which that idea is burned to the ground.  If the DOJ was so political, why did Trump staffers convict criminals linked to Trump?

3 hours ago, Strike said:

As RLLD says, prosecute them both.  But quit using the excuse that Biden should get away with it because he "cooperated."

You don’t appear to understand the law at all. Try reading it sometime. Look for words such as intent, willful, and obstruction. These concepts are critical to the law. Otherwise, accidentally dropping something out a window that killed a person would be the exact same crime as intentionally gunning somebody down.

1 minute ago, dogcows said:

You don’t appear to understand the law at all. Try reading it sometime. Look for words such as intent, willful, and obstruction. These concepts are critical to the law. Otherwise, accidentally dropping something out a window that killed a person would be the exact same crime as intentionally gunning somebody down.

So you are saying Biden is too stupid to have intent. 

That may just very well be his best defense. 

5 minutes ago, Ultra Max Power said:

Clinton ran a secret server with classified information that wasn't secured.  Then destroyed all the evidence when confronted about it.  Then after an investigation the FBI director said they didn't prosecute because they couldn't establish beyond a reasonable doubt that Clinton tried to break the law.  :blink:

Trump has a good case that he is allowed to have those documents.  He claims he does, so it already doesn't pass the FBI's standard to bring charges.... but guess what... charges were brought.  

Butter emails!

If you are interested in the actual differences between the two situations, you could check out the link below. 

https://abcnews.go.com/US/fbis-trump-investigation-hillary-clinton-email-probe-heres/story?id=89069046

Keep in mind, that article was written before the public release of video of Trump’s valet hiding boxes of classified stuff, and audio recordings of Trump showing off classified docs to impress people. 

5 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

So you are saying Biden is too stupid to have intent. 

That may just very well be his best defense. 

You are the board’s expert on stupidity, so you might be right.

5 minutes ago, dogcows said:

You are the board’s expert on stupidity, so you might be right.

You may want to reread your posts sometime corky. 😆

2 hours ago, dogcows said:

If right-wingers believe anything Gal Luft says, they’re gullible idiots. Not that it matters, since he seems smart enough to avoid extradition indefinitely. And he’s apparently got lots of friends in China and Iran to help him.

How patriotic are right-wingers if they rally behind a crooked foreign agent who sold arms for China and oil for Iran?

You are definitely convinced that the Biden are bad, and clearly no evidence is necessary for you to make ridiculous assumptions about them.

Finally, it’s just plain laughable whenever anybody yaps about the FBI or DOJ being politically compromised. Perhaps you should watch this video (the bottom one with Ted Lieu, I can’t seem to split them) in which that idea is burned to the ground.  If the DOJ was so political, why did Trump staffers convict criminals linked to Trump?

You have a problem with selling arms to  China? Uhhhh, perhaps you oughta hit the google. Wow.