Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Joe Burrow Injured at Practice

So what does that do to Chase, Higgins, et al?

If he dodged a bullet and it’s not season ending how comfortable are you with drafting him, especially at his adp? 
He could be the qb version of CMC.

So many questions.

46 minutes ago, wolves111 said:

So what does that do to Chase, Higgins, et al?

If he dodged a bullet and it’s not season ending how comfortable are you with drafting him, especially at his adp? 
He could be the qb version of CMC.

So many questions.

Early reports are that it's not that serious, but it would destroy Chase and Higgins value if it is. 

Let hope not 

If it’s really a calf injury, he’ll be fine. He had some sorta minor injury in camp last year too and went on to a pretty good season, of course 

Burrow averaged a career high 4.4 carries per game last year. Up from 2.2 the prior two years.  Obviously, that's not where he makes his money, and the Bengals sure as hell ain't gonna design him run plays. 

I'd draft Burrow in a wheelchair. 

Should be good to go, heck if he’s on your radar maybe is adp rises a little. 

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Should good to go, heck of he’s on or radar maybe is adp rises a little. 

I think the best ya can hope for is 5th round.

I've mock drafted more than I care to admit... 95% of the time Burrow is drafted in the 4th... early, mid and late. Extremely rare to see to him fall to 5th.

Sounds like he's gonna be okay. The cart and all that stuff, probably just precautionary in the preseason.

A calf injury isn't as concerning as a knee of something like that. It's not something just to forget about though.

Dak Prescott missed 5 games last season because of this injury, and he missed time the season before too. They said that was due to his broken leg the year before, it can linger.

Burrow had that bad knee injury as a rookie. This is something to keep an eye on.

Hopes his ADP rises, ifs he’s available in the 7th I’ll break my code and take him.  

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Hopes his ADP rises, ifs he’s available in the 7th I’ll break my code and take him. 

7th... ? 

Maybe, if they have to amputate that leg.

• Thanks 1

Let’s not have that happen , but I’ll still hope his ADP falls into the 7th.  Power of prayer.  

My biggest beef with this injury…he practiced that day with a compression sleeve on that calf. First time all camp, so there was obviously some soreness or discomfort. As a coach or trainer, why in the f do you even risk it? I’d be chewing some ass if I’m Mike Brown. 

On 7/27/2023 at 7:38 PM, IGotWorms said:

If it’s really a calf injury, he’ll be fine. He had some sorta minor injury in camp last year too and went on to a pretty good season, of course 

Burst appendix…spent all of September trying to get his weight and strength back. But to your point, even more serious than this one so should be fine.