Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Pre-Season Action - Week 1

E Moore is a nice wr, I think DP Jones will out produce him.  

Two 12 team mocks that I was involved in today ppr, Charbonnet went early 7th rd in both.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Only if Moore is hurt. Elijah is the clear #2 behind Cooper and far more talented. 

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

That would be pretty surprising barring injury. DPJ is mostly a jag 

K Herbert of the Bears has a lot of big play ability, just read about his game, 56 yd rec td.  

The Eagles def has a great adp

Richie James is looking like a stud.   CEH getting starting action and was the target on like the first 4 chiefs plays from scrimmage. 

Justin Ross getting a lot of hype as a chiefs receiver and scored a td.

I think the Chiefs feel they are extremely deep at receiver and running back, which may not be real awesome from a fantasy perspective. 

I watched some of the first Quarter of the Raiders game.

the run blocking seemed to be very good on the part of the Raiders.   the one run it looked like White should have made a sizeable gain but only got a couple yards, but the gaps were there.

White did a nice job on an inside run.    I noticed he is very fast but seems to go down too easily.

anyone catch this play the other day?

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2023/08/12/nathan-rourke-jaguars-touchdown-preseason/

for the record, when he played in the CFL I saw him make plays like this a number of times and at that time I said to myself:   this guy is too good to be playing in the CFL.  he belongs in the NFL.

well, he has arrived.   whether he makes good on his chance remains to be seen but I do think hes a player to watch if he should ever get a shot at starting.

Trey Lance-Huge Bust

niners front office has been out of control.

Trey Lance is not a huge bust. He hasn't had enough opportunity to determine that. He's younger than some QBs drafted this year. Guy's played like 2 games. c'mon. That was half a preseason game and 49er o-line did not pass block well at all.

12 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Trey Lance is not a huge bust. He hasn't had enough opportunity to determine that. He's younger than some QBs drafted this year. Guy's played like 2 games. c'mon. That was half a preseason game and 49er o-line did not pass block well at all.

yeah if I recall I think he declared early.

so there is still time for him to turn it around.   but hes now a couple years into his rookie contract.   however, he is at risk of not having the 5th year option taken if he doesnt take the starting job for himself soon.

In 2021, the 49ers sent three first-round picks, as well as a 2022 third-round pick in order to move up from No. 12 to No. 3 to select the T Lance.

On the flip side of the deal, the Dolphins turned one of those selections into star wideout Jaylen Waddle, and further used the capital to land Tyreek Hill in a deal with Kansas City.

No Micah Parsons. 

BUST

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/treylon-burks-carted-from-titans-vikings-joint-practice

Another receiver may have suffered a significant injury on Wednesday.

According to multiple reporters on the scene, Tennessee’s Treylon Burks was carted off the field during his team’s joint practice with Minnesota on Wednesday.

Burks caught a long touchdown then was down for a while as trainers examined him for an apparent leg injury. The receiver was visibly upset.

He was then carted off the field for further examination.

I didn’t draft him on my of my mock teams, so I’m okay.  

6 hours ago, justforbeer said:

In 2021, the 49ers sent three first-round picks, as well as a 2022 third-round pick in order to move up from No. 12 to No. 3 to select the T Lance.

On the flip side of the deal, the Dolphins turned one of those selections into star wideout Jaylen Waddle, and further used the capital to land Tyreek Hill in a deal with Kansas City.

No Micah Parsons. 

BUST

I wouldnt label him a bust yet.   but if he doesnt perform soon, I would. 

Not all players are early performers.   while I feel they overpaid to move up in that draft thats an answer to an entirely different question.

it is honestly too early to put a bust label on him or anyone in his draft class unless they are already out of the NFL.    But at this point its not looking great I will admit.

12 hours ago, Ray_T said:

I wouldnt label him a bust yet.   but if he doesnt perform soon, I would. 

Not all players are early performers.   while I feel they overpaid to move up in that draft thats an answer to an entirely different question.

it is honestly too early to put a bust label on him or anyone in his draft class unless they are already out of the NFL.    But at this pointine its not looking great I will admit.

I would love to agree, but he's horrible. He can't make the simplest of reads or make the easiest of throws. He's been in this offense long enough now, no excuses. He sucks. 

Since they have him I would look into a possible position change. He's 6'4 with 4.5 speed. Drake Londonish. Why not?? 

On 8/12/2023 at 12:32 PM, makindollaz said:

Wish Chicago had a better RB situation, but I wouldn’t be shocked if Fields/Moore is 2023’s Hurts/AJB from last year.  

well, they brought in a fair bit of talent to play with Fields.   I would hope he improves.

if he doesnt, he might have a shorter career than he had planned.   I'd argue if he cant cut it with these WR he just cant cut it.

8 hours ago, League Champion said:

I would love to agree, but he's horrible. He can't make the simplest of reads or make the easiest of throws. He's been in this offense long enough now, no excuses. He sucks. 

Since they have him I would look into a possible position change. He's 6'4 with 4.5 speed. Drake Londonish. Why not?? 

Who would’ve thought a guy from North Dakota state that played like five games couldn’t hack it in the nfl? 

On 8/14/2023 at 8:28 PM, Gepetto said:

He’s the focking third string QB on the niners behind a seventh round pick and Sam Darnold.

Safe to call him a bust — probably one of the biggest busts of all time, really