Sign in to follow this  
Law

Barkley or Pollard?

I can only keep one if a PPR league.

Barkley has proven it and is the total focal point of his offense, but he has an injury history.

Pollard was gold in a more limited role. Can he hold up to more work?

Thoughts?

Barkley. He's just a more complete RB.

He has more upside

Barkley

For me it’s Pollard.  Projected O-Line rankings Dal 6, NYG 29.  Yes, Barkley is the focal point of the offense, but Dal presents more scoring potential.  Pollard looked explosive last year. 

7 hours ago, Law said:

Barkley has proven it and is the total focal point of his offense, but he has an injury history.

Thoughts?

Are there any round loss or penalties for keepers? If not then the obvious choice is Barkley. 

9 hours ago, Law said:

Thoughts?

Barkley

Just hope Jones doesn't vulture his tds.

13 hours ago, polecatt said:

Barkley. He's just a more complete RB.

He has more upside

This is the right answer.

it also is looking like the Cowboys are having line issues this year.   I'm sure the holdout hasnt helped but the line has looked like a mess so far in pre season.

pff has Pokes oline as #6 this year after injuries hit them last year....

Zack Martin is one of NFL's best interior lineman, just got a new deal..... other than Tryon always being banged up, what are these "issues"  you see this year?  

A true workhorse gets 300+ touches (carries and rec) a season. People are projecting that for Pollard and probably right to do so. If everything clicks he could finish Rb1.  However the most touches Pollard has ever had in all four seasons was 239 last year.  Maybe he can handle a true workhorse roll, maybe. 

Ya know who's proven he can handle that roll having done it multiple times and coming off 352 touches last year.?. Yeah, I'd stick with him. 

58 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

A true workhorse gets 300+ touches (carries and rec) a season. People are projecting that for Pollard and probably right to do so. If everything clicks he could finish Rb1.  However the most touches Pollard has ever had in all four seasons was 239 last year.  Maybe he can handle a true workhorse roll, maybe. 

Ya know who's proven he can handle that roll having done it multiple times and coming off 352 touches last year.?. Yeah, I'd stick with him. 

I know Barkley has only had 300+ touches twice in 5 years, so I’m not sure who you’re referring to.  After the first time he did it he only played 13, 2, and 13 games the following 3 seasons.

47 minutes ago, JagFan said:

I know Barkley has only had 300+ touches twice in 5 years, so I’m not sure who you’re referring to.  After the first time he did it he only played 13, 2, and 13 games the following 3 seasons.

On pace for way over 300+ one of those 13 game seasons, would've been close in the other. Regardless, he's done it.

People just expect Pollard to become a great workhorse back in his fifth season because... they hope he will. But there's some risk he just isn't that guy. Obviously Dallas thinks he is which is a great sign, but it's still unknown.

I think Pollard could be rb1 after this next season, I think Barkley will be a high ranked rb1.  

Similar question Barkely or Bijan redraft league but there are some keepers from last season so I know these 2 will be available for me. 

1 hour ago, lostsoulny said:

Similar question Barkely or Bijan redraft league but there are some keepers from last season so I know these 2 will be available for me. 

in a keeper league..... tough question.

if you need the player to perform this year (ie. you think you have a shot at a championship) Barkley is your man.

Bijan may be the better long term play.

2 hours ago, lostsoulny said:

So this no longer a keeper league?