MissionCoach

Drafting #1 - who ya got?

I'm torn, but leaning ekeler or cmc, as in my mocks some WRs like olave, waddle, and D. Smith have come back at the turn. I like that value over the RBs in that area. I also like the value of guys like Mike Evans and Courtland Sutton much later so I think I will be in the minority and securing 2 solid rbs in the first 4 rounds.

It's either Ekeler or CMC for me.  If you don't hit your RB at #1 then you're 20 picks deep before looking at a feature back. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaBeerz said:

It's either Ekeler or CMC for me.  If you don't hit your RB at #1 then you're 20 picks deep before looking at a feature back. 

Not as many Rb's are drafted between those 22 picks as prior years. Only about 9 are gone. From the 1 spot you're probably looking at Jacobs, Taylor, Rhamondre, Najee, etc. All should get 300+ touches. Doubt that would've happened years past.

Everyone prefers Ekeler over them, but we're talking about Rbs. Investing your most valuable draft capital (first rounder) in the most volatile position in ff position is risky.

1 hour ago, DaBeerz said:

this is the real problem with an early round pick.   it really forces you into a strategy.   when picking in the middle or later, you can actually let the draft come to you and adjust on the fly.     at #1 you pick and wait 20 picks for things to happen and if the draft doesnt unfold the way you think you may not like where you sit at the end of round 2 when you pick again (twice)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

this is the real problem with an early round pick.   it really forces you into a strategy.   when picking in the middle or later, you can actually let the draft come to you and adjust on the fly.     at #1 you pick and wait 20 picks for things to happen and if the draft doesnt unfold the way you think you may not like where you sit at the end of round 2 when you pick again (twice)

Totally agree, I hate being at either end vs the middle. It feels like you have to reach/hope. I usually map out when/where I want TE/QB to at least stay on schedule for my WR/RB stable, but it is tough and you have to be very confident.

6-9 would be my preferred spot most years

1 hour ago, rallo said:

Totally agree, I hate being at either end vs the middle. It feels like you have to reach/hope. I usually map out when/where I want TE/QB to at least stay on schedule for my WR/RB stable, but it is tough and you have to be very confident.

6-9 would be my preferred spot most years

agreed.  My prefered range is 5-8 with the ideal being at #6 and #7. 

far easier to predict what will happen by the time you next have to pick.

everyone has their preferences though.  I know a guy who likes picking in the #12 slot.    the only benefit to picking at #12 is that that means you likely won the previous year (unless you do a redraw every year)  

7 hours ago, LaChup said:

Elijah Moore. He said to not draft him at your own risk.

Elijah Moore was the only good thing in Browns camp till he got hurt. 

On 8/16/2023 at 1:47 PM, MissionCoach said:

I'm leaning towards Cooper, thinking Watson got the rust off and he and Cooper are going to connect for a very good year.

Watson did not look good in his six starts last year.  Browns executives had to be freaking out after trading away three 1st-round draft picks, a 3rd, and 4th. Then signing Mr. Sexual Lawsuits to a $230 mill fully guaranteed contract. They were probably rocking back and forth repeating "it's just rust, it's just rust..." while sucking their thumbs.

Well it's a new season and training camp rolled around. Surely he's "knocked off the rust" by now.?. Let's hear what Browns beat reporter Zac Johnson has to say...

"The passing game has been completely unimpressive. Anything that involves Watson remaining in the pocket has been an adventure, and not since early camp have we seen a string of consecutive completions."  Said there were some impressive throws, but "there has been little consistency present in the passing game, and very little happening down the field beyond 10 yards. "

:D

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Well it's a new season and training camp rolled around. Surely he's "knocked off the rust" by now.?. Let's hear what Browns beat reporter Zac Johnson has to say...

If they don't make a run then everyone is fired. 

That means everyone is getting fired 😂

Well if Zac Johnson says it Gospel. Zac Jackson on the other hand.....

55 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Well if Zac Johnson says it Gospel. Zac Jackson on the other hand.....

You doubting the former Masters and British Open champ?

It's funny how the script has flip recently with people looking to grab one of the top receivers early in the first and WR's have dominated the first round in drafts I've had and other drafts I've looked at. Yes I agree with WR JUSTIN JEFFERSON being taken with the #1 pick. He's a special talent and put up I nsane numbers since he came in to the league. Also the funny thing I think about is that he could quite possibly be even better this year and post his best year to date. I see Tyreek Hill is boasting about being the first receiver in NFL history to post 2,000 yards receiving. While I do think that 2,000 yds. is attainable but a lot of things have to go the  receivers way to attain 2,000 yds. and if it's done I don't think it'll be Hill to do it but JUSTIN JEFFERSON who'll reach the lofty goal. One thing that may help Jefferson reach that number would be the Vikings drafting WR Jordan Addison this year. Defense will have to worry about him and TE Hockenson as well. Jefferson may not see as.many double team coverage on him this year with the addition of Addison. He's got a QB that plays pretty good. Cook is gone and we're not sure how Mattison will fare with a full time workload. So I think Jefferson could be the one to reach 2,000 but I think it's a slim chance he does. Still he us worthy of being picked at number one.

11 hours ago, DocNiner said:

It's funny how the script has flip recently with people looking to grab one of the top receivers early in the first and WR's have dominated the first round in drafts I've had and other drafts I've looked at. Yes I agree with WR JUSTIN JEFFERSON being taken with the #1 pick. He's a special talent and put up I nsane numbers since he came in to the league. Also the funny thing I think about is that he could quite possibly be even better this year and post his best year to date. I see Tyreek Hill is boasting about being the first receiver in NFL history to post 2,000 yards receiving. While I do think that 2,000 yds. is attainable but a lot of things have to go the  receivers way to attain 2,000 yds. and if it's done I don't think it'll be Hill to do it but JUSTIN JEFFERSON who'll reach the lofty goal. One thing that may help Jefferson reach that number would be the Vikings drafting WR Jordan Addison this year. Defense will have to worry about him and TE Hockenson as well. Jefferson may not see as.many double team coverage on him this year with the addition of Addison. He's got a QB that plays pretty good. Cook is gone and we're not sure how Mattison will fare with a full time workload. So I think Jefferson could be the one to reach 2,000 but I think it's a slim chance he does. Still he us worthy of being picked at number one.

who would you then take with the 2nd pick in ppr?