Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Josh Jacobs Ends Holdout, One-Year Deal

Great news instead low rb1, based on the Qb situation.  If he available I’m taking.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Great news instead low rb1, based on the Qb situation.  If he available I’m taking.  

well, his stock is up.   for sure hes a first round pick.

question is.... is he a high first or a low first for most people?

2 hours ago, wolves111 said:

He’s probably 8-12 player picked. Regression and a new QB will dink him and Adams a bit.

I see him as being very close to Sequon Barkley in value.   

Barkely huh, mmm.  I don’t like the Raiders current Qb situation.  Barkely value seems a little rich.  

45 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Barkely huh, mmm.  I don’t like the Raiders current Qb situation.  Barkely value seems a little rich.  

werent you one of the people criticizing me last year at this time when everyone said Jacobs is an RB3 and I said you draft as a low end RB 2 but hes going to be an RB1?

remember that conversation.  

I know this guy.  hes still an RB1.

yes the QB is maybe not as good as Carr, but he also knows the offensive system from his days with the Pats.  

I think the QB transition will be mostly seamless.   more risk of injury for Jimmy G I'll admit.   but I think Jacobs will be fine.  he wont lead the league in rushing like last year but he will be pretty good.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

werent you one of the people criticizing me last year at this time when everyone said Jacobs is an RB3 and I said you draft as a low end RB 2 but hes going to be an RB1?

remember that conversation.  

I know this guy.  hes still an RB1.

yes the QB is maybe not as good as Carr, but he also knows the offensive system from his days with the Pats.  

I think the QB transition will be mostly seamless.   more risk of injury for Jimmy G I'll admit.   but I think Jacobs will be fine.  he wont lead the league in rushing like last year but he will be pretty good.

1.  Yes I didn’t see him as a rb1 last season, but I did say his ff points were better then I thought in both .5 and full ppr, and I said rb2.  

2.  I’m not saying he’s not a rb1 , in a post above once I heard the news of his return, my response was instant rb1.  

3.  I think the new Qb situation isn’t as good without Carr, I don’t think Carr was great, but I do think better then what they have now.  

Which  is why I said I don’t like him in the same value with Barkely.  

4. Yes that was last season, but that was last season, it’s time to stop with the patting on ones own back for one  correct guess.  

5.  Every one on this board has and hits , it’s all good.   

Ps Jacobs did have 392 touches last season, like with all Rbs that’s a little concerning.  

24 minutes ago, weepaws said:

1.  Yes I didn’t see him as a rb1 last season, but I did say his ff points were better then I thought in both .5 and full ppr, and I said rb2.  

2.  I’m not saying he’s not a rb1 , in a post above once I heard the news of his return, my response was instant rb1.  

3.  I think the new Qb situation isn’t as good without Carr, I don’t think Carr was great, but I do think better then what they have now.  

Which  is why I said I don’t like him in the same value with Barkely.  

4. Yes that was last season, but that was last season, it’s time to stop with the patting on ones own back for one  correct guess.  

5.  Every one on this board has and hits , it’s all good.   

Ps Jacobs did have 392 touches last season, like with all Rbs that’s a little concerning.  

well, I didnt go back to check the thread before opening my yap.   my bad

I know a few guys roasted me for saying Jacobs will be good  I assumed you were one of them.  so I apologize for that.  

as for the QB thing.  yeah  hes not as good, but he knows the system.  possibly as well or better than Carr and hes probably more likely to play within the system  so he may actually do better than Carr did in this system (even though Carr is the better quarterback in my opinion)  

either way it wasnt Carr that made Jacobs numbers better   It was Devante Adams drawing double coverage and stopping teams from stacking the box.  That situation still exists and while JimmyG isnt as good as Carr hes still plenty good enough to get the ball to Devante and thats all you need for Jacobs to be successful.

the other thing that still exists:  Hes still in a contract year.

and I LOVE players who are playing for a contract.

agree with you on the touches, but Jacobs has been remarkably durable so far in his career.     Some players are like that.   we have not seen a lot of it in recent years, but he looks like one of those types.

I guess we will see.   I value him more than you do.    We dont have to agree.

I do understand where you are coming from.   and  I'm sure you are not alone in your thoughts on this.

cheers.

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

well, I didnt go back to check the thread before opening my yap.   my bad

I know a few guys roasted me for saying Jacobs will be good  I assumed you were one of them.  so I apologize for that.  

as for the QB thing.  yeah  hes not as good, but he knows the system.  possibly as well or better than Carr and hes probably more likely to play within the system  so he may actually do better than Carr did in this system (even though Carr is the better quarterback in my opinion)  

either way it wasnt Carr that made Jacobs numbers better   It was Devante Adams drawing double coverage and stopping teams from stacking the box.  That situation still exists and while JimmyG isnt as good as Carr hes still plenty good enough to get the ball to Devante and thats all you need for Jacobs to be successful.

the other thing that still exists:  Hes still in a contract year.

and I LOVE players who are playing for a contract.

agree with you on the touches, but Jacobs has been remarkably durable so far in his career.     Some players are like that.   we have not seen a lot of it in recent years, but he looks like one of those types.

I guess we will see.   I value him more than you do.    We dont have to agree.

I do understand where you are coming from.   and  I'm sure you are not alone in your thoughts on this.

cheers.

He’s a rb1, I say a late first rd, early second would be great.  

My GUT says this guy is nothing but trouble in 23.

My brain tells me dude wants to get paid.  Hence why he wasn't hurt last year (best I can recall anyway), and why he ran his bu++ off for the Raiders.

My gut tells me he's clearly talented and can be a freaking bowling ball, when he wants to.

My brain tells me the Raiders are gonna be a DUMPSTER fire considering their Head Coach's track record, Jimmy G in and Carr out, loss of Darren Waller and generally just being the Raiders.

392 touches last season , and lesser quality at Qb is a concern.  

I picked him in an Auction league for my team and he cost me about 20 percent about my budget. I am okay with that, I think and my 2nd and 3rd RBs are expected to do pretty good also. My weakest position is probably my 3rd WR slot; but I am sure during the season free agency could help with that obviously, if necessary.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BLS said:

My brain tells me the Raiders are gonna be a DUMPSTER fire

They were 6-11 last year, and Jacobs was still great by just getting run into the dirt.

1 year deal?  They're gonna do it again. Might not get another 12 Tds, but with Jimmy G he'll still get plenty of dump offs. Seems like a reasonable pick for 2nd or 3rd round.

17 hours ago, weepaws said:

You guys act like Carr was great.

He’s okay. That’s it.

Jimmy GQ has taken teams to the conference finals and a Super Bowl.

But he can’t stay healthy.

So I’d say it’s much closer to a wash than some huge downgrade :dunno:

11 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

He’s okay. That’s it.

I think San Fran took Jimmy G to conference finals rather than the other way around. The short-pass game manager benefited from great offensive talent, and stout defense.  But as far as Jacobs is concerned, the short passes will actually help.

Carr has a better deep pass... the only good thing I can say after a career of mediocrity.

16 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

I think San Fran took Jimmy G to conference finals rather than the other way around. The short-pass game manager benefited from great offensive talent, and stout defense.  But as far as Jacobs is concerned, the short passes will actually help.

Carr has a better deep pass... the only good thing I can say after a career of mediocrity.

Sure it takes a whole team to get there. But Jimmy is capable of it — not something we can say or Derek carr for sure

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

He’s okay. That’s it.

your opinion is close to mine.

fully healthy, there is not a huge difference between Jimmy G and Carr.   Carr is a bit better but not by enough to make a huge difference in this offense.    

in a different offense the difference would likely be a bit more substantial.   but Jimmy G knows the offense.   he played in it when he was with the Pats.   this will be a relatively seamless fit.

the risk of course is that he gets injured.   which is why Carr is worth that much more.   but the difference is largely in health and money paid.   While talent plays a part there too, its not the main reason why a lot people (myself included) value Carr over Jimmy G.

I traded for him in my keeper last offseason hoping he would be a decent #2 RB and he over achieved my expectations.  I think last year was a career year and he regresses but not much.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

He’s okay. That’s it.

Nope, I said that the Raiders Qb situation was better with Carr, who wasn’t great, but better then who they have now.   You assuming was wrong.  Invoice # 36,388.  Welcome.  

3 hours ago, SexyRexy said:

Just drafted yesterday and got jacobs in the second. Paired him w Chubb. No complaints here 

Nice, wondering how many teams is in that league, and non,half,full ppr.  I have two drafts coming up shortly that’s why the question. 

In my half ppr 14 teams I would be very happy with the Chubb, and Jacobs combo. I think 392 touches from last season will hurt Jacobs a little , and the Raiders being a little weaker at Qb, but if I can get lowRb1 or high rb2 production from Jacobs I would be on par.  

Thanks. 

12 full ppr.

arod

chubb

jacobs

amari

drake london

aiyuk

goedert

gibbs

juju

thats how I rounded out (3 wrs and 2 flex spots)

4 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Nice, wondering how many teams is in that league, and non,half,full ppr.  I have two drafts coming up shortly that’s why the question. 

In my half ppr 14 teams I would be very happy with the Chubb, and Jacobs combo. I think 392 touches from last season will hurt Jacobs a little , and the Raiders being a little weaker at Qb, but if I can get lowRb1 or high rb2 production from Jacobs I would be on par.  

Thanks. 

Sorry meant to quote see above reply 

2 minutes ago, SexyRexy said:

Sorry meant to quote see above reply 

Thanks , good luck, good to see you posting.   

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SexyRexy said:

Just drafted yesterday and got jacobs in the second. Paired him w Chubb. No complaints here 

I'm a bit surprised he went that late.   In the July Mock I got him in the middle of round 2, but at the time it was looking like he might be a holdout.

I figured with the signing he might go late in round 1.   clearly I was wrong there.

I hope he stays a second rd pick through the weekend