Sign in to follow this  
BeenHereBefore

Are The Bills A Team That Can't Get Over The Hump ?

17 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Can they make it to the SB  ? I think they are not balanced enough and to pass happy. Thoughts ?

I think their HC is a choker in the Andy Reid  vein prior to Mahomes and Kelce. And I think he’s on the verge of losing the team and the fan base if he doesn’t get it done now. 

• Like 1

Similar to the Phillip Rivers Chargers era. Playoffs every year, a deep run or two, but nothing more. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

They will contend as long as josh allen is there which will be years

This. But I don’t believe they’re a SB team, and their defense is getting on the older side too sadly.

9 minutes ago, dain11279 said:

This. But I don’t believe they’re a SB team, and their defense is getting on the older side too sadly.

Closet to a Super Bowl without actually going to one ?

10 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Closet to a Super Bowl without actually going to one ?

AFC is going to be tough for anyone. KC, Cincinnati, San Diego, Jets, could all be elite. The Patriots still have Belichick. Kenny Pickett might be the real deal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bostonlager said:

AFC is going to be tough for anyone. KC, Cincinnati, San Diego, Jets, could all be elite. The Patriots still have Belichick. Kenny Pickett might be the real deal.

My point I think their best chance has passed them by, Yes like other posters mentioned they will always have a chance with Allen but think it gets harder for them now.

They need their offense to be more than Josh Allen and Stefan Diggs. Not that those two aren’t great, but they lack that third and fourth weapon.

They should definitely trade for an injured RB who wants to be the highest paid in the league.

7 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

They need their offense to be more than Josh Allen and Stefan Diggs. Not that those two aren’t great, but they lack that third and fourth weapon.

They wanted Gabe Davis to make the next step last year but it didn't pan out. He was dealing with a nagging injury all year so maybe that had something to do with it. We shall see. I'm excited to see how they fit Kincaid into the offense. Dude is never gonna be Kelce but if he could resemble something close to him the offense could be lethal. This is all predicated on the o-line doing their job this year which is a major, major question mark.

I think Beane is a solid GM but gets overrated by the fanbase.    Took Ed Oliver at like 9 and first DT off the board.  Later in the first you had Jeff Simmons Christian Wilkins and Dex Lawrence.  All much better than Oliver.  Oliver to me is just a guy and they decided to pay him recently.   Elam the corner they picked in the first last year is having a hard time earning the 2 spot over guys like Duke Johnson or Benford.  

I see no reason why their window is closing at the moment.  Allen is still Allen and if anything he is maturing and learning how to win games and manage games.  People saw them take Kincaid and wonder why they would take a TE.  But he is basically going to be their slot reciever.  Really interesting pick there, looks safe to be at least good.  Their defense is consistently one of the top units in the league.  They play good team defense even if they choked in thr 13 seconds with the Chiefs.   They actually added to the defense in my opinion with Poona Ford and Leonard Floyd.  Getting Hyde and Von back is basically like picking up FAs compared to last seasons injuries.   Edmunds who went to the Bears is wildly overrated in my opinion.  

Added guys like Damian Harris and Lat Murray.  Added a guy like Trent Sherfield from Miami.   

They have a better roster than last year.  Oline would always be my concern with them.   

• Like 2