Sign in to follow this  
Super Cubs

Geno Smith

Would you be comfortable with Geno as your starter?   or is he a back up QB that had a fluke career year in 2022?  

If Geno is available in the double digit rounds I’ll take him.  And then I’ll stream. That’s the way it works. 

35 minutes ago, weepaws said:

If Geno is available in the double digit rounds I’ll take him.  And then I’ll stream. That’s the way it works. 

He's been available at rd 10 and 11 every mock draft I've done so far... 10 team.

The 14 team mocks I’ve been in , Geno as been available in the double digit rounds about 30% of the time. But if he’s their when I draft, I’ll take him.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mufaletta said:

Could finish top 7 in Fantasy.   

Could flame out. 

Boom or bust guy

Smith finished Qb 5 last year. I don't expect that again, but he proved he can play at a high level, so unlikely to totally bust.

I'd say he's Boom or Mediocre guy.  My wild guess... Qb 12-ish.

4 hours ago, Super Cubs said:

Would you be comfortable with Geno as your starter?   or is he a back up QB that had a fluke career year in 2022?  

I would be comfortable with him as my backup.

I'd be nervous with him as my starter.    in a case where you run a tandem totally fine.

for example if drafting Tua, it makes sense to have a reasonable backup on the roster.  I think Geno would be ideally used in a situation like this

• Like 1

He’s got great wide receivers. As long as he doesn’t lose his job, he will put up stats. I would be nervous if he was my QB1 but he’s a top end QB2

QBs were going for high prices, so I waited. Geno was the best available QB for my last roster spot, as my QB2. The SEA WR weapons he has really helped that decision. QB1 D Watson isn't a lock for me (Smith could possibly outplay him).  Maybe I can stream them based on matchups.  Don't you think they will be throwing a lot to stay in games?  

2 hours ago, Grack said:

QBs were going for high prices, so I waited. Geno was the best available QB for my last roster spot, as my QB2. The SEA WR weapons he has really helped that decision. QB1 D Watson isn't a lock for me (Smith could possibly outplay him).  Maybe I can stream them based on matchups.  Don't you think they will be throwing a lot to stay in games?  

hard to say.   Cleveland was 7-10 last year. 

I have to believe Watson is better this year than he was last year.    I dont know how the defense is looking  but every team in that division was .500 or better.

I want to predict but they finish close to 9-8 or 8-9 (or something of the like) but I think Pittsburgh is also improved next year, so its not as clear cut as you would think

they may well have the same kind of season they had last year.    Though it is possible Baltimore takes a step back.  usually after throwing a pile of cash at a QB the team has to give up talent elsewhere to remain under the cap.

but its really a crapshoot.  I dont see the Ravens becoming a bottom dwelling team either, so maybe they do finish poorly again even if I do think they will be better than last year.

Geno is my starter, but I must say, I am a little uneasy with it.  14 TEAM LEAGUE

LEAGUE STARTS 7 PLAYERS  1RB/3WR  OR 2 RB/2WR AND 1 QB AND A KICKER AND A DEFENSE

TEAM:

QB  GENO SMITH

QB  RYAN TANEHILL

RB  TRAVIS ETIENNE

RB  BREECE HALL

RB  JAYLEN WARREN

RB  RAHEEM MOSTERT

RB  TANK BIGSBY

WR  AJ BROWN

WR  CALVIN RIDLEY

WR  CHRISTIAN WATSON

TE  KYLE PITTS

DEFENSE  49'ERS

DEFENSE   SAINTS

KICKER  HARRISON BUTKER

KICKER  RILEY PATTERSON

56 minutes ago, gridiron whirlwinds said:

Geno is my starter, but I must say, I am a little uneasy with it.  14 TEAM LEAGUE

LEAGUE STARTS 7 PLAYERS  1RB/3WR  OR 2 RB/2WR AND 1 QB AND A KICKER AND A DEFENSE

TEAM:

QB  GENO SMITH

QB  RYAN TANEHILL

RB  TRAVIS ETIENNE

RB  BREECE HALL

RB  JAYLEN WARREN

RB  RAHEEM MOSTERT

RB  TANK BIGSBY

WR  AJ BROWN

WR  CALVIN RIDLEY

WR  CHRISTIAN WATSON

TE  KYLE PITTS

DEFENSE  49'ERS

DEFENSE   SAINTS

KICKER  HARRISON BUTKER

KICKER  RILEY PATTERSON

yeah but this is a 14 team league.   in that scenario its not as bad.   and you have a reasonable backup in Tanehill.  you are probably fine.

18 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Smith finished Qb 5 last year. I don't expect that again, but he proved he can play at a high level, so unlikely to totally bust.

I'd say he's Boom or Mediocre guy.  My wild guess... Qb 12-ish.

fair

2 hours ago, gridiron whirlwinds said:

TEAM:

QB  GENO SMITH

QB  RYAN TANEHILL

RB  TRAVIS ETIENNE

RB  BREECE HALL

RB  JAYLEN WARREN

RB  RAHEEM MOSTERT

RB  TANK BIGSBY

WR  AJ BROWN

WR  CALVIN RIDLEY

WR  CHRISTIAN WATSON

TE  KYLE PITTS

DEFENSE  49'ERS

DEFENSE   SAINTS

KICKER  HARRISON BUTKER

KICKER  RILEY PATTERSON

You’re wasting two bench spots w backup defense and kicker

3 hours ago, gridiron whirlwinds said:

TEAM:

QB  GENO SMITH

QB  RYAN TANEHILL

RB  TRAVIS ETIENNE

RB  BREECE HALL

RB  JAYLEN WARREN

RB  RAHEEM MOSTERT

RB  TANK BIGSBY

WR  AJ BROWN

WR  CALVIN RIDLEY

WR  CHRISTIAN WATSON

TE  KYLE PITTS

DEFENSE  49'ERS

DEFENSE   SAINTS

KICKER  HARRISON BUTKER

KICKER  RILEY PATTERSON

14 team leagues are the best, I think you might be a little short at rb, but you have three wasted spots, one only needs one kicker, one def, and one Qb.  Good luck. 

19 hours ago, Ray_T said:

I would be comfortable with him as my backup.

I'd be nervous with him as my starter.    in a case where you run a tandem totally fine.

for example if drafting Tua, it makes sense to have a reasonable backup on the roster.  I think Geno would be ideally used in a situation like this

Smith is going before Tua in all the mock drafts I've been doing....10 team.

13 minutes ago, gridiron whirlwinds said:

Our rules say every team must carry 2 kickers and two defenses

There you go then.  

41 minutes ago, gridirongoofs said:

Smith is going before Tua in all the mock drafts I've been doing....10 team.

yeah probably.   a lot of guys have taken Tua off their board completely due to the concussion thing.

he will likely put up numbers while healthy.   

all I'm saying is pairing the two up would seem to make some sense.

• Like 1

60/40 Tua before The Geno, that’s what I’ve been seeing in the mocks I’ve been in.