Sign in to follow this  
HellToupee

1.2MILLION US-born workers lost their jobs last month - replaced by 688,000 foreign-born workers

9 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

You have to hand it to them, their plan is working. 

The plan really does seem to be working. Our friend HT failed to deliver about half the article. There is a lot of interesting info left out and does give some good context to the larger economic picture at work here. This is the rest of the article:

“During Trump's presidency, between July and August of 2017, foreign-born employment rose by just 82,000. 

The 668,000 foreign workforce figure in 2023 is a staggering eight times more - set on the backdrop of the Biden administration's control of the movement across the US-Mexico border since the end of pandemic-era Title 42 in May.

Between July and August of 2018, foreign-born employment increased by 168,000, and 2019's corresponding figure was 132,000. 

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, foreign-born people are those residing in the United States who were not US citizens at birth, and do not have parents who are U.S. citizens. 

Though hiring this August was strong by historical standards, with 187,000 jobs added, employment gains over the last three months have averaged just 150,000, the lowest reading since the October to December period in 2019.

The rates at which workers are quitting as well as the pace of hiring also have slipped to near or below pre-pandemic levels, while one statistic closely watched by the Fed - the number of job openings for every unemployed person - tumbled in July to 1.51, the lowest since September 2021.

The downshift marks 'a clear cooling of the labor market,' former Boston Fed President Eric Rosengren said. 'If it continues we are likely at the peak of the interest rate cycle.'

The Fed has raised its benchmark overnight interest rate rapidly since March of 2022, but is expected at its September 20 meeting to hold it steady in the current 5.25%-5.50% range. 

New economic projections issued at the end of that gathering will show if policymakers continue to expect an additional rate increase this year, but after the latest jobs data investors increased their bets against such a prospect.

Acting U.S. Labor Secretary Julie Su said the slower pace of job growth showed the economy was shifting from the 'breakneck' recovery from pandemic-era job losses to 'continued stable, steady growth.'

She said: 'This is really what you want to see if you are looking for a 'soft landing.'' 

Her reference was to the hope among Fed policymakers that they can lower still-elevated inflation to the central bank's 2 percent target without forcing the economy into recession or causing high rates of joblessness.

Although the unemployment rate rose three-tenths of a percentage point to 3.8 percent in August, it remained well below the rates of 5 percent and higher that have been normal in the U.S. since World War Two. 

Moreover, it was driven by a jump of more than 700,000 in the number of available workers - a constructive dynamic that can allow employment to expand without inflationary pressure on wages.

Fed officials have been hoping to see the labor market cool, torn between the fact that rising wages and a good job market improve the economic fortunes of workers and families, and concern that continued strong hiring conditions could keep inflation high.”

• Like 1

I posted an article? Poor General has HTDS to go along with his other “disability “. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Are people struggling to find work was the question.

Sadly the homeless drug addict you often deride cities for having is probably a long ways away from holding down a job at the WalMart. This issue you raise is more difficult to solve than simply pointing out that a lot of non-US born folks are finding work here.

And you're making it infinitely more difficult for them. Congrats.  

Intellectual Dishonesty Step #2: Petetending things make sense when they dont or claiming they are more complex to understand.  

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I posted an article? Poor General has HTDS to go along with his other “disability “. 

HellToupee dummy…HT. Don’t flatter yourself.

We go back to other board, not this single A low rent biz over here. 😂

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

And you're making it infinitely more difficult for them. Congrats.  

Intellectual Dishonesty Step #2: Petetending things make sense when they dont or claiming they are more complex to understand.  

Step 3: Puss out on bets. What a little betch! 😂

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Our friend HT failed to deliver about half the article.

I do that as a tip of the hat to squissy 

1 hour ago, thegeneral said:

Cocksmokes like yourself always think the sky is falling.

Why do think businesses are not filling these jobs with US born? What types of jobs are these? Unemployment is very low are people struggling to find work?

Well, salad tossers like you think this is OK, but others do not.  This is called labor arbitrage and is espoused by shitlibs like you along with the false benefits of globalism and free trade.  I have news for you, none of these things benefit anyone but the elite, who fill jobs with cheaper foreign labor.  They are helped every step of the way by elected officials from both sides of the aisle.  A moron like you minimizes and/or cheers things like this on because you're too stupid and scared to think for yourself.  Can someone show me the stats for the past decade.  I bet they're staggering in favor of the foreign-born taking domestic jobs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Casual Observer said:

Well, salad tossers like you think this is OK, but others do not.  This is called labor arbitrage and is espoused by shitlibs like you along with the false benefits of globalism and free trade.  I have news for you, none of these things benefit anyone but the elite, who fill jobs with cheaper foreign labor.  They are helped every step of the way by elected officials from both sides of the aisle.  A moron like you minimizes and/or cheers things like this on because you're too stupid and scared to think for yourself.  Can someone show me the stats for the past decade.  I bet they're staggering in favor of the foreign-born taking domestic jobs. 

Do you want to discuss minimum wage increases, union jobs, capping CEO pay ratios, expanding worker benefits, a range of other issues?

I could get behind some of those proposals.

1 minute ago, thegeneral said:

capping CEO pay ratios

So many ways around this for these robber barons 

11 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

Great post! 

30 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Step 3: Puss out on bets. What a little betch! 😂

You jumped right to Step 5.  :lol:

Intellectually Dishonest Step 5: Dismissive of others arguments without reason. 

You're one of the lowest IQ posters here. Probably dont even realize you're doing it.  

2 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I don't know what you're talking about, but whatever I am, I'm not a low-life comma splicer, chronic misinformation generator and relentless creepy stalker of other Geeks' wives and ex-wives. Those are your qualities.

And I know what month Juneteenth is held, that aircraft can transport tanks and that cluster munitions can be shot with artillery.

Yes you are. 

50 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

:thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

You jumped right to Step 5.  :lol:

Intellectually Dishonest Step 5: Dismissive of others arguments without reason. 

You're one of the lowest IQ posters here. Probably dont even realize you're doing it.  

Step 6: Make underhanded comment about intelligence 😂

Step 7: Transparent statements hinting at personal wealth. Your insecurities are deeply rooted. It’s ok, bro! This is a safe space. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HellToupee said:

2 thanks dad guys and another on the dole

I’m more of a “Thanks Great-Grandpa” guy. I use to think that people appreciated family businesses that stuck around for generations. You guys must hate farmers as well. My father-in-law took over the farm from his dad. This was something I use to think conservatives valued. I respected that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I’m more of a “Thanks Great-Grandpa” guy. I use to think that people appreciated family businesses that stuck around for generations. You guys must hate farmers as well. My father-in-law took over the farm from his dad. This was something I use to think conservatives valued. I respected that. 

Why does anyone have to "appreciate" people who work for a living? It should be expected. 

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What’s this tank thing you keep talking about? Please, point me in the direction of your delusion.

Please point me in the direction where I've referenced a "tank thing."

🤣

1 minute ago, Pimpadeaux said:

🤣

Drunk again dude? 

1 minute ago, seafoam1 said:

Drunk again dude? 

Maybe you're Tank Thing, the tanking being your humor and intelligence.

🤣

1 minute ago, seafoam1 said:

Why does anyone have to "appreciate" people who work for a living? It should be expected. 

You’re not seeing the big picture here. It’s not just work I’m talking about. It’s about keeping a local business alive, employing people and providing a service to the community. Do you prefer that major corporations keep buying everything up or do you prefer to see a family continue on their business for multiple generations? 

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

You’re not seeing the big picture here. It’s not just work I’m talking about. It’s about keeping a local business alive, employing people and providing a service to the community. Do you prefer that major corporations keep buying everything up or do you prefer to see a family continue on their business for multiple generations? 

Both. Corporate and small business count. 

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What’s this tank thing you keep talking about? Please, point me in the direction of your delusion.

Oh, I remember now.

You, with all that supposed military knowledge, mocked me when I asked why a Super Galaxy or some other massive military aircraft couldn't be used to transport U.S. tanks over to Europe for use in Ukraine. I researched the logistics of this and correctly pointed out that even if they could only transport one M1A2 Abrams at a time, it still would get the tanks to Europe faster than using ships and then rail/trucks to get there. I went as far as researching how much fuel would be needed, ship speeds and all that, concluding that air transport would be quicker and more cost-effective.

Oh, you though you were so clever, so coy and so knowledgeable - all that and a bag of chips - until Pimpadeaux pwned your dumb ass again by posting an image of an aircraft carrying a tank to Europe.

I point you to the Ukraine thread for my very non-delusional comments on the matter.

Game. Set. Match.

Pimpadeaux wins again!

Ha!

🏁

29 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Tim is a classic thanks dad. I’ve seen people on this site suggest anyone can farm but I think there is skill, knowledge and hard work involved. Tip of the hat to you 

4 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

Tim is a classic thanks dad. I’ve seen people on this site suggest anyone can farm but I think there is skill, knowledge and hard work involved. Tip of the hat to you 

Hawkeye is not a farmer. 

43 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

🤣

Oh, so you made it up (lied) again. Got it. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Oh, so you made it up (lied) again. Got it. 

Read my other post. I detailed it and pointed you to the source. I've bought and sold your ass, as usual. 

Tank Thing.

🤣

20 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Oh, I remember now.

You, with all that supposed military knowledge, mocked me when I asked why a Super Galaxy or some other massive military aircraft couldn't be used to transport U.S. tanks over to Europe for use in Ukraine. I researched the logistics of this and correctly pointed out that even if they could only transport one M1A2 Abrams at a time, it still would get the tanks to Europe faster than using ships and then rail/trucks to get there. I went as far as researching how much fuel would be needed, ship speeds and all that, concluding that air transport would be quicker and more cost-effective.

Oh, you though you were so clever, so coy and so knowledgeable - all that and a bag of chips - until Pimpadeaux pwned your dumb ass again by posting an image of an aircraft carrying a tank to Europe.

I point you to the Ukraine thread for my very non-delusional comments on the matter.

Game. Set. Match.

Pimpadeaux wins again!

Ha!

🏁

Yeah I never said that. Seeing as I spent more time on a C-130 than I care to remember I think I would know. You lose. 

3 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Read my other post. I detailed it and pointed you to the source. I've bought and sold your ass, as usual. 

Tank Thing.

🤣

I checked the Ukraine post prior. There’s nothing there. You have me confused with someone else.  If you had it, you would show it. You don’t. Stop making things up.  Child. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah I never said that. Seeing as I spent more time on a C-130 than I care to remember I think I would know. You lose. 

Yeah, you did. I pointed you to the thread. Go find it, idiot. You're totally crushed on this point, but keep pimping that epic military knowledge. 

🤣

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I checked the Ukraine post prior. There’s nothing there. You have me confused with someone else.  If you had it, you would show it. You don’t. Stop making things up.  Child. 

Sorry, I had the wrong thread. How does my ass taste?

https://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/topic/506801-fema-fcc-to-conduct-nationwide-eas-test-october-4th-nuclear-war-doomsday⌛/?page=61&tab=comments#comment-7344903

24 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

Tim is a classic thanks dad. 

I’m very grateful to my dad. I’ve been a pretty hard worker but I would definitely not be in my current situation without my dad. I feel no shame in admitting that. I’m not rich by any means but I have a thriving small business and we do well. 

I’m for small business and capitalism. It’s probably gonna shock some people here but I’m not much into big government. Until Hillary in 2016 I never voted for a Democrat in my life- it was always Republican or libertarian. But I’ve always been a social liberal and I truly, honestly believe that illegals immigrants are not the threat many people here seem to think they are. And I reject this nativist, isolationist thing that is currently dominating the conservative movement. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I’m very grateful to my dad. I’ve been a pretty hard worker but I would definitely not be in my current situation without my dad. I feel no shame in admitting that. I’m not rich by any means but I have a thriving small business and we do well. 

I’m for small business and capitalism. It’s probably gonna shock some people here but I’m not much into big government. Until Hillary in 2016 I never voted for a Democrat in my life- it was always Republican or libertarian. But I’ve always been a social liberal and I truly, honestly believe that illegals immigrants are not the threat many people here seem to think they are. And I reject this nativist, isolationist thing that is currently dominating the conservative movement. 

Yep. The whole nationalistic isolationist thing hasn't ever worked in our history. 

It frustrates me to no end that all the finger pointing in the OP is about Biden and the border.   Of course that's a piece of it, but there is never any talk about who is hiring them and why.    Sorry, I will keep saying it - if there weren't jobs for them, they wouldn't be here.  I read that article and think about the whys of the hiring process, not border walls.   

@Hawkeye21 - pointed out that he sees people leaving their jobs they don't like and foreigners taking them.  I think there is a bit of that, but also it's about our profits over people mentality that NEVER gets talked about.  Sorry, we can't have both at the same time.   I see people actively choosing to hire them because they are cheaper, it's not because Americans won't do the job.   I see people using crews of foreigners for housing project instead of a more expensive local contractor.    Less than 5 years ago our staff was 2-3 workers from south of the border, now our kitchen staff and a few front position are ESL.   There are many reasons for this - ease, can pay them less on average, etc.  Landlords around here are perfectly happy with them because they can charge more rent.   Again, we yell at Biden about the border, but don't yell at the landlords choosing to rent to the immigrants instead because they know there will probably be a steady client base and they can charge a little more.  

This is why I largely shake my head about the complaints at the border - we want to have our cake and eat it too.   We want all the cheap stuff and high profits, which we are getting by hiring illegals. 

9 hours ago, thegeneral said:

Do you want to discuss minimum wage increases, union jobs, capping CEO pay ratios, expanding worker benefits, a range of other issues?

I could get behind some of those proposals.

No, I'd like to talk about not letting foreigners in to take American jobs and levying tariffs on cheap foreign goods so that domestic industries don't have to compete against slave labor, not your communist bullshiot.  Do you think expanding worker benefits at home helps businesses compete against cheap foreign goods? What planet are you from?

Libtards think it’s only low wage jobs that foreigners are being brought in here for. Clueless. Seems they also think that 250 lb woman and her kids that walked here are here to work. 

7 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

Hawkeye is not a farmer. 

Correct.  My business serves the farmer and keeps them up and running.

8 hours ago, HellToupee said:

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Libtards think it’s only low wage jobs that foreigners are being brought in here for. Clueless. Seems they also think that 250 lb woman and her kids that walked here are here to work. 

What specific jobs are foreigners being "brought" in here for?