Sign in to follow this  
wolves111

How Many Leagues are too Many to Be In?

3 minutes ago, wolves111 said:

I'm in four as of now and contemplating a fifth. Is five too many?

its too many if you find you dont have time for other important things in your life.

I cant tell you the answer to that.

but if you have a family and kids, that might be too many.   if you dont, perhaps its fine

39 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

its too many if you find you dont have time for other important things in your life.

I cant tell you the answer to that.

but if you have a family and kids, that might be too many.   if you dont, perhaps its fine

Well I’m retired, kids are raised and my wife works. I retired at 60 and have nothing but time now.

I’m just a little concerned that I may be over doing it.

2 minutes ago, wolves111 said:

Well I’m retired, kids are raised and my wife works. I retired at 60 and have nothing but time now.

I’m just a little concerned that I may be over doing it.

there are certainly worse things you can do in your spare time.

I myself am thinking of another league too.  quit my work league last year as the commish kept changing the rules mid year and I hit the point where I had enough.  I dont need that headache where anger can spill over into the working relationships with co workers.

but its getting a bit late in the game to be joining another league so I might just stick with the 2 leagues I have now and maybe I"ll join another next year.

5 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

I think 2 is perfect. When I've done 3 or more, I didn't enjoy it as much.

honestly I wouldnt mind being in a league with a bunch of you on the board.  even if it was just a fun and bragging rights league.   but if we were gonna organize that we should have been on this a month ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

there are certainly worse things you can do in your spare time.

I myself am thinking of another league too.  quit my work league last year as the commish kept changing the rules mid year and I hit the point where I had enough.  I dont need that headache where anger can spill over into the working relationships with co workers.

but its getting a bit late in the game to be joining another league so I might just stick with the 2 leagues I have now and maybe I"ll join another next year.

Understand. Had a similar situation years ago in a family league. Wasn’t worth the consternation it was causing.

im in Fuzzy’s stat geek leagues. There’s literally hundreds of leagues still drafting 

• Like 1

I doubt I have the time to organize it.  but I'd love to get Jrokh and Tbay yourself and a few others on here into one league.   we at each others take on certain things.  it would be fun to see who actually has it when it comes to putting together a team.    

there is something to be said for testing yourself to see how good you can be.

All of them...  Best thing was when I quit my last league in 2016...  Never been better...

The most I have ever done at once was 5 leagues.

That was okay for about 2 seasons, but I wouldn't have wanted to do more.

3-4 would be better for me, but it's what ever works for you

On 9/6/2023 at 7:52 PM, Super Cubs said:

in 2.5 and that is 1.5 too many. I'm ready to down size to just 1 league.

I agree with this.  I've never really been in more than 2 at one time, but joining many leagues is a little too "everyone-gets-a-trophy" for me.  I mean if you are in three or more leagues, you ought to be able to win at least one of them.  I really find more enjoyment from focusing on one competitive league.  It kinda' sucks if things go south, but the wins are sweeter.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2023 at 6:46 PM, Ray_T said:

I doubt I have the time to organize it.  but I'd love to get Jrokh and Tbay yourself and a few others on here into one league.   we at each others take on certain things.  it would be fun to see who actually has it when it comes to putting together a team.    

there is something to be said for testing yourself to see how good you can be.

Hey Ray,

Maybe we could do a playoff league this season? Start a QB, RB, WR, TE, k, Def for the playoff teams. You could do the honor of being the Commissioner. You would put our names in a hat and pick them out for the draft order. Maybe ten teams?

Think about it.