Sign in to follow this  
mattman7168

Is Dobbins droppable in dynasty league?

The ruptured achilles is supposedly harder for a RB to come back from. Akers did...but would you say he is the same player as before the achilles? We don't have IR spots but do have deeper benches. I could hold him for next year but there's no  guarantee he fully recovers. I've already held M. Thomas through all his nagging injuries the last 3 years, and suffered through Leveon Bell's holdout and aftermath. I'm tempted to just cut Dobbins now.

Thoughts?

5 minutes ago, mattman7168 said:

The ruptured achilles is supposedly harder for a RB to come back from. Akers did...but would you say he is the same player as before the achilles? We don't have IR spots but do have deeper benches. I could hold him for next year but there's no  guarantee he fully recovers. I've already held M. Thomas through all his nagging injuries the last 3 years, and suffered through Leveon Bell's holdout and aftermath. I'm tempted to just cut Dobbins now.

Thoughts?

Definitely. It's not like Dobbins has been the 2nd coming of Emmitt Smith on the rare occasion he's been healthy to begin with.

Michael Thomas and Leveon Bell had both performed at elite levels before their issues, so it makes more sense to hang onto them.

A guy like Dobbins though, has never even been a solid starter. He had a promising rookie season in a RBBC, but that's it. Since then, he's barely played at all.

I would drop him and not look back

I would agree, and drop kick him.  

11 minutes ago, mattman7168 said:

Thanks for reaffirming my thoughts. Wanted to make sure I was assessing the situation correctly.

The high water mark for Rbs going on to have much a career after an achilles.... Donte Foreman, which isn't good.  Cam Akers might take over that spot, but that remains to be seen.

Sadly, it's time to say goodbye to Dobbins. Great athlete who's NFL career was cut short.

hes probably droppable, but I'd wait until the surgery is booked.  he likely will get a second opinion first to make sure.  

while it is rare that the second opinion comes back with a different answer it does rarely happen.

in the interim you can put him on IR to free up the roster spot.

On 9/11/2023 at 12:12 PM, mattman7168 said:

Thoughts?

I have same dilemma and think same as most of the guys here.  its time for me to drop him. if you, as I did, draft him as a rook he'll have played 16 of the 68 possible games since he hit NFL (I'm counting this season fwiw).  I have started him exactly twice, one in his rookie year, and Sunday.  I won the year he never played. Then I could afford to hold. now, not so much. Due to trades in each of last two years my rbs are AJones, Mosturd, and DCook. 

but here's the caveat, what will YOU get in return?  how deep is deep? my league we can only carry 4. Ive carried his injury prone ass for 4 yrs now, at the expense of getting someone else in the draft. I can't get that back.  Nor can I assume I'll get a ww rb right now that I really want to start....now or ever. if deep means 6-8 in a 12 or greater league size I would keep him for sure.  Potential is a rare thing, but its only viable if you can afford to keep prayin it comes to fruition at some point.  If he could be half as good as you hoped he be for all this time , and again in 2024, and still be starter for Baltimore, isn't that a shitload better than a a 2nd or third stringer in Indy? that's really what you're looking at if there are already 60-70rbs on rosters.  and for the thoughts he's been middling RB I would counter that's because Ravens chose to play RBBC.  With Monken that's not likely.  He does have a career avg of 5.8yds per carry when he's been healthy (again, rare I know).  with 17-18 carry avg at even 80% of that he'd be a rb1 in every way, shape and form.  

Yeah, surgery is booked.  time to drop him