Sign in to follow this  
Ray_T

Waller injury

so now they are saying its not the muscle, but its nerve damage causing the problem.

is this something that should make a person avoid him now?

I'm inclined to think Nerve issues are harder to treat but I truly dont know.      anyone here have any knowledge on this?

Fantasy talk shows are saying it is similar to what Kupp is dealing with and he is out. I am very close to benching him again for Higbee. 

well, this is certainly what worries me.   Nerve type injuries are a lot different than normal ones.   sometimes they resolve quickly and sometimes not

• Like 1

Best time to draft a TEs is in the double digit rounds.  

Is that why he was questinable last week ?  He played whole game and had good numbers for a Team that didn't / couldn't score...Giants should have a bounce back game..  

You think they double up on the amount of points they produced last week vs the Cowboys? 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

You think they double up on the amount of points they produced last week vs the Cowboys? 

Well doubling zero is zero, 0 Xs 2 = 0

O/U of 40 tells me many more points will come Giants way.

2 hours ago, plasma george said:

Is that why he was questinable last week ?  He played whole game and had good numbers for a Team that didn't / couldn't score...Giants should have a bounce back game..  

he was actually only on the field for a little over half of the offensive snaps, fwiw. 

1 hour ago, plasma george said:

Well doubling zero is zero, 0 Xs 2 = 0

O/U of 40 tells me many more points will come Giants way.

Hard to say, zero might be their norm 😎

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

Best time to draft a TEs is in the double digit rounds.  

we are no longer talking about when to draft him.  draft has happened already but I am trying to figure out how this situation affects his value (in trade or other)

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

I dont think they have another game like they had against the Cowboys.  

Everything that could possibly go wrong there did.    even when the cowboys fumbled, the ball went straight to another cowboy.    field was tilted heavily.

you cant count on this being the norm.

51 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

we are no longer talking about when to draft him.  draft has happened already but I am trying to figure out how this situation affects his value (in trade or other)

Less value than he had before the season with the injury.   Waller is saying he’s playing.  

I’m not sure if you are taking this ff stuff to serious, or I’m not taking it serious enough after one week.  You sound like Jack Web on dragnet.  

• Sad 1

I'd be concerned with Waller's status and here we go again. Dude can just not stay healthy. He's.an incredible talent when he's on the field but his availability this week and going forward has owners in a pickle as to.what to do with him. I'd bench him for now and possibly look at getting Sam LaPorta or Luke Musgrave. I think as the.season progresses both these guys are.gonna be more involved in their.teams offensive scheme. I'd prefer LaPorta but have to consider Musgrave as Packers WR Christian Watson's having some health issues so Musgrave could be targeted a lot more until Watson's.healthy enough to play. Back to the Waller issue  I'm not a doctor but sounds.kinda like it mat be a Sciatic Nerve problem. The sciatic nerve runs.frkm your spine down the back of your butt.and down the back of the leg and clearly in the ke the individualhamstring area. If the nerve is inflamed they can give him anti-inflammatory drugs to ease the pain but sciatic nerve issues can be difficult to treat and resolve the issue. Sometimes, and I hope it's not the case for Waller, surgery is needed to fix the sciatic nerve problem. Sciatica can cause extreme pain in the low back and down the leg and can make it very hard to go out and play football. Let's hope in Wallers case it just a strained hamstring.that should get better with rest and therapy but certainly not available for fantasy lineups. Just my opinion.

As I said, I'm not a doctor but was a medic in thArmy and work in a hospital Operating room.for a number of years as a Scrub Tech, Anesthesia tech and an Orthopedic Tech so I do have a fair amount of medical knowledge so I think I can give objective comments on health issues and I njuries to players. Still, I have quarries about whether to put guys in my fantasy lineups.

3 hours ago, RedzoneMonster said:

As a Walker owner, I picked up Musgrave with the hope that Waller has a good game this week vs AZ. if he does I will be trading him ASAP. 

I predict Waller plays and you'll be happy you started him.

• Like 1

Sorry, should have mentioned in August not to draft this injury prone guy. I certainly did not.

1 hour ago, GobbleDog said:

I predict Waller plays and you'll be happy you started him.

I think both saquan and waller score and they probably put up like 21 points with saquan putting up 100 plus yards. I mean arizona really sucks and the giants will likely be in run first mode by the 2nd half. Waller still gets 70 yards and a td and jones steals a short one.