Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

The NFL wants people to believe it is not rigged

But I have seen some pretty damn suspect things in the first 2 weeks. The most suspicious of them all was the rams kicking the FG to cover the spread with THREE seconds left. Even if they did an onside they would not have been able to get the ball back in time to throw a hail mary. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nobody said:

So what would you have had the Rams do?

Just kneel?

You say that like it would be strange. It would not. Again. There was NO way for them to win. The ONLY reason to kick the fg was to cover. 

You guys get so caught up in the moment.  

Hell Houston was down 11 with 1 second to play and they ran a pass play in which Stroud got sacked.  No one is roasting Houston.

Carolina was down 14 with 14 seconds left in week 1.  They were still having Bryce Young drop back.

Pitt is down 23 with a minute left and dropping Pickett back.

Again.  It is not uncommon for teams to still try to score even when they can't win.

And it's not the only reason to kick the FG.  They might've just wanted to make the score look closer than it was.  The kicker may have incentives that they wanted to allow him go for.  Stop reading the twitteratti conspiracy theories.

"Either I stink at sports betting, or the NFL is rigged.  Since it can't possibly be me - it must be rigged!"

It was an incredible conspiracy. Fixing the most bet sport in America for 5+ decades, and getting everyone in on it to keep quiet. It was a flawless scam, until Kilroy69 came along and exposed everything.  If only the Rams hadn't kicked that field goal.?. Well, it's over now as the entire world will see the NFL is just a racket for billionaires to bet peanuts on rigged games.

:cry:

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

"Either I stink at sports betting, or the NFL is rigged.  Since it can't possibly be me - it must be rigged!"

It was an incredible conspiracy. Fixing the most bet sport in America for 5+ decades, and getting everyone in on it to keep quiet. It was a flawless scam, until Kilroy69 came along and exposed everything.  If only the Rams hadn't kicked that field goal.?. Well, it's over now as the entire world will see the NFL is just a racket for billionaires to bet peanuts on rigged games.

:cry:

I did not bet on the rams game so I would not have cared if not for the oddity of kicking a figgy in the last 3 seconds of the game they can't win that JUST HAPPENS to cover the spread?  yeaaaaaa right

3 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

The most suspicious of them all was the rams kicking the FG to cover the spread with THREE seconds left.

actually there is a reason for that.  This is a divisional matchup.

my understanding (and someone correct me if I am wrong) points for and against in a division comes into play in the event of a tie in the standings.  I believe it is one of the tiebreakers..

so there is an incentive to keeping that spread narrow on conference (and in some cases divisional) games.   click on tie breaking procedures on the standings page on the NFL.com site (link below)

NFL Tiebreaking Procedures | NFL.com

• Like 2

If you really want to see an example of the NFL being fixed, I present to you the Steelers vs Chargers 2008.  I watched live at the time and there were BS calls going against the Steelers the entire game.  Only for the coup de grace being the complete BS ending where the refs simply made up a ruling to make sure the Steelers didn't cover when Polamalu took the chargers fumble for a TD as time expired.

Nfl employees some  really good writers. 

So you're saying the NFL is rigged because the Rams kicked a meaningless FG on the last play instead of taking a knee?

What if there was roughing the kicker?

6 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

You say that like it would be strange. It would not. Again. There was NO way for them to win. The ONLY reason to kick the fg was to cover. 

I dunno, you play down to the wire. What kind of message would it be to have them just give up when they’re down by one score?

The most rigged sport in the world....  low level tennis.  Those guys don't make squat, but they have lots of expenses including coaches, travel, equipment, etc.  They don't even have to bet against themselves - just bet to lose the first set, or lose first break point, or lose first ace, etc.  This is known to be true because several who've been caught talked about how prevalent it is.

The idea of NFL rigging is laughable.

I want to talk with the writers, about who to draft next season. 

"We were going to try to kick a field goal once we got into field goal position to then be able to kick an onside and try to give ourselves the real opportunity to win the game," McVay said, via Pro Football Talk. By the time it got down to it, didn't anticipate that in-cut that we hit Puka [Nacua] running that long and just said, 'Alright, go ahead and kick the field goal.' felt like it was an opportunity to be able to not leave Matthew [Stafford] susceptible to an unnecessary heave to the end zone and get an opportunity for our field goal operation. The initial goal was to try to get a two-for-one to where you end up getting into field goal range a little bit earlier with some of the play selections that we had and then ultimately be able to try to have an onside kick to then be able to go try to compete to tie or win the game. Apparently, [V.P. of communications] Artis [Twyman] told me there's a lot of people in Vegas pissed off about that decision. I clearly was not aware of that stuff."

I don’t know what other proof is needed than Arizona beating the Cowboys that the NFL is rigged,

Unless the Bears actually wins a game, then that might help prove it.