Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Kaepernick pens a letter to the jets

Please. please, please sign me to your practice squad. 

Here is the thing. Even now. All these years out of the league the jets would be better off with him than wilson at actual QB. It is hard to believe even saying that but it is true. 

How old is Kaepernick now?

35?   36?

at this age and given how long hes been out of football I have to think hes fully off the radar by now.   I was all for giving the guy another shot back when he was younger and the whole sitting for the anthem was a thing for him.    But now at this age, having been out of football as long as he has, hes mostly a liability now.   You'd never get him to learn the playbook and get back up to speed to the NFL as it is today in time for end of season.  You might as well sign a QB off of someones practice squad.   At this point you are likely getting similar quality except the practice squad kid is still throwing footballs.

I would disagree, Kap wouldn’t be better.  

1 hour ago, kilroy69 said:

It is hard to believe even saying that but it is true.  

No. No it is not.

Other than being a complete a-hole, his eyes are too close together. He's one cross eye from being a cyclops.

Dear Colin,

Thanks for your interest in the Jets.  We already have enough dumb, shitty, losing quarterbacks.  Go F yourself.

Jets Management

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, BrahmaBulls said:

Dear Colin,

Thanks for your interest in the Jets.  We already have enough dumb, shitty, losing quarterbacks.  Go F yourself.

Jets Management

This would be the correct response. 

• Like 2

This dude needs to just shut TF up and go away. You've been out of the league WAY too long to even make a practice squad. If you think you're so valuable Collin, then swallow your pride and try (TRY as in good luck)  getting onto an XFL roster and play your way in like AJ McCarron did. He might not even be able to make an Arena league team at this point.

People seem to forget he was washed up and pouting on the bench when he was still in the league. Way too late to bring him back now. Jets have dug a hole. Now just live in it. Use your high first round pick next year to draft another loser qb,

Dear Slave Owners,

I have given it a lot of thought and I would like to come in to your organization and destroyed it even more. I didn’t really mean comparing the NFL to slavery, I said it for clicks and likes by communists and liberal fascist progressives. Those are my people. Please let me try out of slavery again, I mean the NFL. I really miss it. 

Thinking of you always,

Colin Kapernick ✊🏽

p.s  

if you don’t want me, you a racist 

1 hour ago, Emerson's Boozers said:

People seem to forget he was washed up and pouting on the bench when he was still in the league. Way too late to bring him back now. Jets have dug a hole. Now just live in it. Use your high first round pick next year to draft another loser qb,

maybe so, but I do think he was good enough to be a backup qb.

what we dont know is how far his actual skill has eroded due to non use from that time  til now.

its not like he retired and came back one or two years later..  hes been out of the game for multiple years now.   Lets put it this way..... if teams didnt jump on the wagon 2 or 3  years ago when this was an actual possibility, they are not gonna jump on the wagon today.

I don’t see how Kap would be good enough to be a back up.   

17 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

Please. please, please sign me to your practice squad. 

Here is the thing. Even now. All these years out of the league the jets would be better off with him than wilson at actual QB. It is hard to believe even saying that but it is true. 

I get the dislike for Z Wilson.. but more talk needs to happen about how shaaaty that offensive line is.

Where's the run game to take the heat off the QB?  Any QB coming into this situation is toast.  

All aside, I'd LOVE to see Kaepernick come in and get curb stomped. 

37 minutes ago, BuschWack said:

but more talk needs to happen about how shaaaty that offensive line is.

I have to agree (at least in part).   It is tough for a young NFL QB to learn if hes fighting for his life behind a suspect O line.   honestly thats a good way to ruin a young QB prospect.

It never ceases to amaze me that teams will pay all kinds of draft capital on a rookie QB, even trading away multiple firsts to move up in the draft and then not invest in the O line to protect their investment and give him the extra time in the pocket he needs so he can learn the game better and get up to speed.

its crazy.

That said, maybe there is more going on here that we are not aware of.  its highly unusual for a team to show this low level of confidence in a rookie QB drafted early in round 1.

Yet here we are.  O line not addressed and team showing zero confidence in their QB.

go figure.