Sign in to follow this  
seafoam1

Aside from national security, what do you need from the government?

6 minutes ago, Horseman said:

You know you're wrong when you have to go back to 3000 BC to try and prove a point.  :lol:

:lol: :lol: 🤣 😂

"Dig a Well" is the new "Learn to Code".  

Well, GutterPedo isn't known for being smart so all you can do is laugh at him as he chases his tail.  :lol:

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

:lol: :lol: 🤣 😂

"Dig a Well" is the new "Learn to Code".  

Well, GutterPedo isn't known for being smart so all you can do is laugh at him as he chases his tail.  :lol:

I have zero doubt that any private company can outperform a government agency.  Just look at our louded postal service.  The Pony Express! But they cant get packages overnighted to an out of country island like UPS or FedEx can.  

But clean water is a very good example you brought forth.  When a natural resource is in demand who gets to decide how its allocated if not the government.  We could hire a private company or board to decide, but, who decides who is on the board. We'd all want a vote and try to protect our individual interests, and there you have it. It's a much more interesting discussion than: "Dur dur never heard of a well?"

17 minutes ago, Horseman said:

I have zero doubt that any private company can outperform a government agency.  Just look at our louded postal service.  The Pony Express! But they cant get packages overnighted to an out of country island like UPS or FedEx can.  

But this drinking water is a very good example you brought forth.  When a natural resource is in demand who gets to decide how its allocated if not the government.  We could hire a private company or board to decide, but, who decides who is on the board. We'd all want a vote and try to protect our individual interests, and there you have it. It's a much more interesting discussion than: "Dur dur never heard of a well?"

Exactly.  That was one of the points and the other point I was highlighting was that you can't just pick up a shovel and dig a well or even PAY someone to dig a well.  there's more to it than that.  What about poor people?  How are they supposed to pay someone to do it?  So, what?  now they have to do it themselves?  Logistics?  Equipment?  Knowledge of digging a well?  Digging 2 feet into the ground is difficult, now they have to dig 50, 100, 200, 300 feet down to find the water?  IF there is even any water?  IT'S SO F'N EASY!!!!  :doh:  

But, hey, 3000 years ago they did it so that makes perfect sense because today is EXACTLY THE SAME as then!!!  NYC, Los Angeles and Chicago all have wells in the middle of the city that people get water from every day, right?  Everyone just carrying their buckets to the common well and filling up! 

Like all liberals he's advocating that people do things that he's not even willing to do himself!!  He'll just pay someone else to do it!  Rules for thee, but not for me!!

All he was doing was trying to come in here, hijack the conversation in attempt to play "gotcha" on a poster who has beat him down so much he's now made it his mission to get at least ONE win before he dies - and it failed miserably, again.

56 minutes ago, Horseman said:

You know you're wrong when you have to go back to 3000 BC to try and prove a point.  :lol:

My point is simple, I don't need the govt for water.  Prove. Me. Wrong.  You can't.  Therefore, you're retarded.  Good night.

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

What if you can’t afford private school?

It’s not private school, it’s just school. And before you spout off I know your next two questions.  

So let’s save some time. Sit back, think how it could work. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

My point is simple, I don't need the govt for water.  Prove. Me. Wrong.  You can't.  Therefore, you're retarded.  Good night.

Throws tantrum and takes his ball home. What a POS.  :lol:

"This moron doesn't know what a well is"  isnt  "BonusBoy has a well"  

Keep practicing your words Tiny.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Horseman said:

Throws tantrum and takes his ball home. What a POS.  :lol:

"This moron doesn't know what a well is"  isnt  "BonusBoy has a well"  

Keep practicing your words Tiny.  

😂

I guess this is you admitting you're retarded.

Just now, GutterBoy said:

😂

I guess this is you admitting you're retarded.

Wrong again.  

Hey why was Isreal able to turn off the water?  Hamas should just dig wells!  🤣🤣🤣

1 minute ago, Horseman said:

Wrong again.  

Hey why was Isreal able to turn off the water?  Hamas should just dig wells!  🤣🤣🤣

Gaza is not in the United States, retard.

😂

Just now, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

ITS SO FN EASY!!!!!!  😂

Still waiting on you to quote my post where I told everyone to just dig a well.

We need the government for insane asylums. We just need to find a better way to get the Gutterboys into them. 

2 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

It's just amazing that people survived without water before govt was created.

It's just amazing Palistine cant survive without water from the Israel government.  :doh:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

It’s not private school, it’s just school. And before you spout off I know your next two questions.  

Oh okay. So it’s not private. It’s kinda like anyone can go and everyone pitches in for it. What a brilliant idea. Call up Congress and tell em you’ve got an amazing alternative to public school!

1 minute ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

And yet you said people can just dig wells.

Yur a f'n retard.

Where did I say that?

Just now, GutterBoy said:

Where did I say that?

When you called him a moron for not knowing what a well is when he said he relied on the government. 

Then you googleducated yourself and realized it was metal helmet stupid.  

15 minutes ago, Horseman said:

It's just amazing Palistine cant survive without water from the Israel government.  :doh:

💥

11 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Sometimes I feel like I’m playing cards with my brothers kids or something. 

Do they also kick your ass and fock your wife? :unsure:

Just now, IGotWorms said:

Do they also kick your ass and fock your wife? :unsure:

Damn.  Looks like all the woketards watched Bidens speech tonight and are on tilt. 

Hey guys I’ve got a great idea for roads too.

We can’t make em purely private because then poor people couldn’t drive on them so they wouldn’t be able to get to work to do the sh1t jobs we don’t want to.

So how about instead, if everybody paid some money into a big pool, like maybe every time you bought a gallon of gas you paid in, and then also a tiny bit off your paycheck and from your property (so EV drivers and people taking public transportation are contributing too), and then somebody (don’t call them the government!!) takes that money and puts it to use building new roads and fixing and improving old ones?

Whew thank god we got Uncle Sam out of that!!

13 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

What's the profit incentive for privatized education? I get you're one of the "less government, let the market take care of the problem more efficiently" guys, but I would file this under something in which the profit-driven nature of corporations would work against the best interests of the students. Unless you have an idea to share.

36 minutes ago, Fnord said:

What's the profit incentive for privatized education? I get you're one of the "less government, let the market take care of the problem more efficiently" guys, but I would file this under something in which the profit-driven nature of corporations would work against the best interests of the students. Unless you have an idea to share.

I do! I do! Cut out all the Bullshit in public schools and there are the profits for the Private schools! 

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I do! I do! Cut out all the Bullshit in public schools and there are the profits for the Private schools! 

You'll pardon me for being apprehensive over classes like Ethics- brought to you by Bain Capital, Social Studies sponsored by Smith & Wesson, or horticulture from ConAgra.

Government's role in a country should be limited (primarily) to national security and streets and roads.  Stay out of the free market and stay out of peoples' personal lives.

I ALWAYS default to the private sector being much better equipped to deliver excellence than the public sector.  "Adam Smith's "invisible hand" of the free market.  It's a simple truth, but it's a fundamental truth.  What I am speaking about here is the education system.  I never understood why there is a bias favoring public education. 

7 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

I ALWAYS default to the private sector being much better equipped to deliver excellence than the public sector.  "Adam Smith's "invisible hand" of the free market.  It's a simple truth, but it's a fundamental truth.  What I am speaking about here is the education system.  I never understood why there is a bias favoring public education. 

Because it's been shown for centuries that when money is involved, ethics are quickly forgotten. I'll ask again- where is the profit in education if the student's aren't paying tuition? 

29 minutes ago, Fnord said:

You'll pardon me for being apprehensive over classes like Ethics- brought to you by Bain Capital, Social Studies sponsored by Smith & Wesson, or horticulture from ConAgra.

I wouldn’t send my kid to a school like that. I guess that’s what it’s called school “choice”. God forbid.  

27 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Because it's been shown for centuries that when money is involved, ethics are quickly forgotten. I'll ask again- where is the profit in education if the student's aren't paying tuition? 

So you’re a Commie.  Got it.  Explains everything.  👍

Show me one instance where a private school has underperformed against a local public school.  I’ll wait…..

1 hour ago, Fnord said:

Obviously he doesn’t since he just started being a kvnt, as usual 

1 hour ago, Patented Phil said:

Show me one instance where a private school has underperformed against a local public school.  I’ll wait…..

That's not what I'm talking about. I'm trying to engage you politely, which is probably a mistake, so prove you can do the same without the name calling.

The discussion is that some posters here feel as if schools should be run by corporations, not the government. My question is, if you wanna keep public education free for students, how does that work? What's the profit incentive for a company to do this?

Just now, Fnord said:

That's not what I'm talking about. I'm trying to engage you politely, which is probably a mistake, so prove you can do the same without the name calling.

The discussion is that some posters here feel as if schools should be run by corporations, not the government. My question is, if you wanna keep public education free for students, how does that work? What's the profit incentive for a company to do this?

Vouchers.

1 hour ago, Patented Phil said:

underperformed by what measure?  I'm sure it's happened in my own state.

Just now, Patented Phil said:

Yea

Who is building all those private schools? Who decides the curriculum? How many private schools are available to poor inner city kids, or poor rural kids?

18 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Who is building all those private schools? Who decides the curriculum? How many private schools are available to poor inner city kids, or poor rural kids?

It’s never going to happen because the toothpaste is out of the tube so this is a fruitless exercise but I appreciate your responses in this thread so I’d envision it similar to any other private industry.  Company X creates a school in Town A because there is a need in the market.  They want to provide the best product so parents send their child there but also have to keep the price down to remain competitive.  The whole Econ 101 thing.  

While you pay out of pocket for school, theoretically that would be offset by paying less taxes because the government isnt spending a bazillion dollars on schools.  

And similar to the safety nets for our poor, sick and downtrodden the government could have a voucher program for poor kids to use for tuition.  Think Medicare/Medicaid for school.  

Look it’s never going to happen but if we had a Time Machine and started over it could.