Sign in to follow this  
RedzoneMonster

R. White Buy Low?

Let me preface this with I don’t suddenly think Rachaad White is going to be awesome, but I decided to look at the run defenses he’s played so far, and according to CBS, the teams he’s played so far rank 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 10th vs fantasy RBs.  
Yeah, he’s still not great, but take this info for what it’s worth.. 

20 minutes ago, RedzoneMonster said:

Let me preface this with I don’t suddenly think Rachaad White is going to be awesome, but I decided to look at the run defenses he’s played so far, and according to CBS, the teams he’s played so far rank 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 10th vs fantasy RBs.  

Definitely interesting. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RedzoneMonster said:

That's good research. Schedule gets much easier. The only really bad matchups remaining are weeks 11-14-17

6 hours ago, RedzoneMonster said:

I forgot to mention, the one team he did face outside the top 10 in Run DEF (CHI), he put up 103 total yards and a TD. 

I expected a lot more from him this season, I’m glad I didn’t have a chance to draft him.  If one is looking to buy, it needs to be pretty low, even with better matchups is production might be just a little better overall.  

9 hours ago, League Champion said:

Only if you're buying real low. He's hot garbage and may not have a job come the trade deadline 

If Tampa had anyone on the roster I thought was decent I'd agree.   But at this point, I dont see anyone on the roster that looks good enough to Start.

Chase Edmonds might be the best alternative in that room and I dont even like him that much.   but he can catch passes so if you can live with how he runs the ball he should be ok on third downs.

This might be a good thread to get input from TBay.   he usually has good insights into his home team.

but looking at whats there, I think they stick with White unless he gets hurt or really falls off the map production wise.    I do think some nicer matchups are ahead.  Hopefully he can turn it around.

As someone who owns him on a couple leagues, we've seen the R White 2023 version.  He's just bench depth. He's not a HR hitter, O-Line is not opening up big holes. So he's not going to be a set-and-forget-starter. However, he can get it done against the weaker D-lines with a lot of volume. Also, TB is not typically in a spot to kill the clock and run to finish out games. They have been in catchup mode or close completion all season. Totally agree w/OP, his schedule gets easier in this middle stretch.  Could fill in if your starter sprains an ankle, but I'd be worried if he was my every week dude. 

On 10/24/2023 at 5:03 PM, RedzoneMonster said:

No.  He's a guy where if you have him, you hang on to him in case you need him, but if you don't have him, you ignore his existence.  Tampa's OLine is both solid and awful at the same time.  Pass blocking, they're quite good, but run blocking, they're putrid.  The Bucs are ranked 29th in the NFL in rush yards BEFORE contact.  White isn't as good a RB as a lot of people hyped last year and around draft time.  His vision is around average.  That said, the OLine is making him a lot worse than what he really is.  On top of that, no one respects Mayfield as a passer.  Teams are routinely stacking the box because they know that Mayfield can't generate points with his arm.

As a White owner myself, when I check the average per game stats in comparison, White is within .25 points of such notables who were drafted earlier such as Mixon, Taylor and AJones. Compound that with the fact that he’s healthy, I’m disappointed but counting my lucky stars. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chickie said:

As a White owner myself, when I check the average per game stats in comparison, White is within .25 points of such notables who were drafted earlier such as Mixon, Taylor and AJones. Compound that with the fact that he’s healthy, I’m disappointed but counting my lucky stars. 

I like this response. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Chickie said:

Yea I think I mid rb3 is what owners should expect, I think owners expected more from him.  I’m not a owner, but I thought he would produce a higher per game avg.   But currently .5 ppr he’s only 2 points per behind that Stud Bijan.  

• Like 1