Sign in to follow this  
easilyscan

Random Thoughts Week 8

The Redskins (AKA Commanders) came to play today. We'll see if they can maintain this for a full 4 quarters.

Not looking good for Pollard owners today. Bad enough that he's having an off day (6 carries for 17 yards 0 receptions) but with the Rams offering very little resistance, himself & other cowboy starters might find themselves resting on the bench sometime in the 2nd half.

Looking like I made a huge mistake setting DK Metcalf (coming off injury and facing the Browns) & starting Christian Watson (healthy and favorable matchup vs the Vikings) the Packers seem completely impotent on offense today. With approximately 4 minutes remaining in the first half, they have 41 total yards vs 182 for the Vikings.

Rashid Shaheed was discussed in an earlier thread. Seems like someone mentioned he was worth a shot because of his big play ability. Hats off to whoever that was.

Taysom Hill doing his thing. Infuriating Alvin Kamara owners.

Allgeier continues to be a thorn in the side for Bijan Robinson owners.

WTF is wrong with Pollard?  17 yds rushing, no receptions.  Dallas, get him into the freaking action!

Before the Internet came along, I subscribed to at least one newspaper and looked at the NFL standings almost every day. Since I started playing FF in 2005, I rarely look at them. 

Looked today & one thing that surprised me was the Browns. With Watsons injury problems & Chubb out for the year, impressed that they're 4-2.

Jerome Ford (ankle) is listed as active for Sunday's game against the Seahawks. 

Hopkins still has it.

• Like 1

As a Jonathan Taylor owner, I sure wish the Colts would trade away Moss. Between the 2 of them, they've already ran for over 150 yards against the Saints 4th best rush defense. 

Taylor getting 20-25 carries a game would be a monster. 

DeAndre Hopkins may not be what he used to be, but he can still have a monster game!

Thanks Mr. Waddle. Making up for Nacua's miserable showing.

Impressed by the Eagles comeback. 

ETN having a monster day!

It appears Chuba is establishing himself as the RB1 in Carolina. 

Just when Drake London was starting to show promise, both he & his QB get hurt. 

Drafted Jake Elliott as my kicker. Did great the 1st 5 weeks, but now it seems the Eagles are getting too damn efficient in the red zone. Time to look elsewhere.

1 minute ago, polecatt said:

DeAndre Hopkins may not be what he used to be, but he can still have a monster game!

Ain't that the truth.

No bets, or fantasy players involved in the game between the 2 New York teams, but picked the Jets to win. For heaven sakes, you can't beat the Giants who are down to the third string quarterback, Danny DeVito ?

C'mon man!

14 minutes ago, Chickie said:

I can see the Vikings giving Kaepernick a call

God I hope not. The state has more than enough of those types already. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, easilyscan said:

Taysom Hill doing his thing. Infuriating Alvin Kamara owners.

As someone who had to play against Kamara, he did plenty well enough.

Same with Mixon - both saved their best game of the season for me.  😠

16 hours ago, easilyscan said:

No bets, or fantasy players involved in the game between the 2 New York teams, but picked the Jets to win. For heaven sakes, you can't beat the Giants who are down to the third string quarterback, Danny DeVito ?

C'mon man!

I don't know what's worse, a team passing for -9 yards in a game, or the team that has to go to OT to beat the team that passed for -9 yards in a game 😆

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Chickie said:

if he was a few years younger.... maybe.

but the bottom line is hes old and has been away from the game too long.   The time it would take to get him up to speed would make a Kaepernick signing difficult even if he was willing to take a backup QB salary.

at this point if he truly wanted to get back in the game he should have swallowed his pride and taken a job on someones practice roster so he can prove he can still play.

Much as I'd like to see him get a second chance, most GM's want a guy who can help them today and Kaep is not that guy.

due to his time away from the game hed need to be on the roster at least 4-6 weeks(likely longer) to have any chance of seeing the field and the QB needy teams need help today.   in 4-6 weeks it would be too late.

On 10/29/2023 at 8:13 PM, Chickie said:

HAHAHAHA. This is funny. Do you write for yahoo sports by chance? People who say things like this remember Kaepernick from his superbowl season. Not from the season after when the NFL changed the read option rule that protected the QB. Before that if you breathed on the qb it was a penalty. It caused defenses to use a spy and froze the linebackers. Once that was changed he could not adjust to the game. There is ZERO chance Kaepernick would be any better than the backup they have now.